Author Topic: The future of mankind is going to be very, very, dystopian.  (Read 219 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The future of mankind is going to be very, very, dystopian.
« on: March 21, 2022, 08:59:54 AM »
fightforfreedom (730 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216506980

The future of mankind is going to be very, very, dystopian.

I will use drones as just one example. Can you imagine drone technology 100 years from now. No one will be safe. People will be able to build deadly miniature drones in their basements. Imagine a drone the size of a grasshopper that can be used to kill a person, a world leader.

Right now in Ukraine, Ukrainian soldiers have Drone Units. They fly small drones at night killing Russian soldiers in their sleep. The Russian soldiers have no defense against these drones. You can't hide from them because they have thermal imaging. You can't see them coming. You can't hear them.

Enjoy the time we are living in. If you think things are crazy now, the future is going to be flat out dystopian.

:panic:

NoRethugFriends (418 posts)

1. As a 72 year old, I'll be gappy to miss this future.

BTW, just my opinion, nicer to use humankind than mankind.
And for a scary drone film, try getting to see 2022 Oscar Nominated Live Action Shorts.
All five of them are excellent, though fairly depressing.

:thatsright:

Star Member genxlib (4,772 posts)

4. It has always been thus

Rocks to swords to muskets to machine guns

Balloons to planes to jets to drones

Spies to planes to satellites

Dynamite to grenades to bombs to nuclear missiles.

Humankind had been exceptionally good at killing and we are constantly getting better at it.

Star Member 2naSalit (56,147 posts)

5. Makes me...

Thankful that I'm old and may miss all of the worst of it.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: The future of mankind is going to be very, very, dystopian.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 09:15:23 AM »
Somebody's well into their third :stoner: -load, :rotf: . Technology has always included suffering, from around the time Cain figured out what he could do with a rock.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 09:21:46 AM »
Hey, they're not necessarily wrong. Censorship, social credit scores... Yeah, the future could be very dystopian, but DU might prefer not to look at the true sources of such a dystopia.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 11:51:08 AM »
The sleeping Russian soldiers wouldn't have to worry about his if they had stayed in their own country.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.