Author Topic: At FDA, TVs now turned to Fox News and can't be switched  (Read 1812 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
At FDA, TVs now turned to Fox News and can't be switched
« on: May 06, 2017, 11:30:57 AM »
Star Member Seedersandleechers (2,907 posts)

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141767754

At FDA, TVs now turned to Fox News and can't be switched

Source: CBS news

Attention viewers at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Televisions will now be tuned to Fox News.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

tenorly (1,883 posts)
1. I've seen this in other countries with right-wing leaders (even supposedly 'democratic' ones)

In Argentina, for instance, the current president, Mauricio Macri, keeps the head of restaurant workers' union on his side by bribing him.

Consequently, any bar or restaurant staffed with members of his union will almost always have the tv set tuned in to TN - the right-wing cable news outlet similar to Fox.

Fascism 101.

I've seen it on DU.  :tongue:

Star Member calimary (44,293 posts)
19. There's a restaurant at the municipal airport in Camarillo CA that's like that.

The owner has issued a standing order that the big flat screen TV in the entryway is on Pox Noise. ALL THE TIME.

I know because I ate there once and I asked. I ALWAYS ask - whenever I'm in any business that has a TV on that's tuned to Pox Noise. As a paying customer, I use my status as such to take a smack at Pox Noise. I did that at my bank. I kept doing that til they changed it. But I failed at that restaurant. The young woman at the reception desk told me it was a flat-out order from the owner. I told her I intend to remember that.

Obnoxious twat acts obnoxious... fails.

tenorly (1,883 posts)
25. That was always the intent behind Faux News, and of ending Net Neutrality now.

The consolidation of all news sources into one, state-approved mouthpiece - but not a mouthpiece of the state as much as of the elites.

Winning the Net Neutrality fight will be crucial to thwarting these designs of theirs.

And good on you for letting them know, calimary. Frankly, I doubt I would have had the courage to do so.

:yawn:

Star Member dixiegrrrrl (49,830 posts)
40. There is talk among some of the left to let Trump finish his term.

and to just try to keep him blocked.
Bad bad bad idea, and dangerous.

All waiting room tvs in our local hospital are tuned to Fox. A lot of them are too high to be channel switched or turned off. So staff have to/can listen to the propaganda all day long.

damn...this latest is very scary. Please share this everywhere.

I was at the VA yesterday in the waiting room and this older vet comes in. The TV was on MSNBC and he walked over and turned it to Fox News. I laughed and he said, "I don't need to watch that un-American shit." I nodded and said, "Damn right."
 :-)

Star Member byronius (4,443 posts)
2. Clearly illegal and immoral. Plus, didn't they just claim they never ordered this?

:yahoo:

Star Member sharedvalues (986 posts)
4. Scientists will stop this.

Scientists are smart and know that Fox News lies.

Fox news will stay on in the offices of simpleminded GOP like Burr and Grassley.

:???:

Star Member 47of74 (14,180 posts)
20. yeah

I remember the first gym I was a member of, and they insisted on having Faux Spews on one of the TVs there. I finally sent a message to management asking if they could switch it to something else and they actually did for a while until some snowflake reich winger complained that he couldn't get his helping of propaganda while working out. Then they changed it back. I go to the Y now and if it's on one of the overhead TVs I change it right away. I have my response all ready to go each time. As in go the **** home if you want to watch that shit that badly.

and if the other person says the exact same thing?

Star Member Historic NY (28,652 posts)
5. TVbgone.com

http://www.tvbgone.com/using-your-tv-b-gone/

its the high-tech version of putting the remote in the ceiling tiles...

Star Member rurallib (43,974 posts)
10. was kind of wondering if shutting it off would be a resistance move?

A dead tv would be better than one spewing shit.

that looks like a handy little device for those p;aces you have to wait and they have FUX on the tube.

:loser:

bucolic_frolic (5,774 posts)
15. It used to be like that at the Doctor's Office - Fox only

I always turned down the sound to zero.

Star Member turbinetree (4,665 posts)
16. I went to mine and demanded that they change the channel until I left

and asked that it be placed on Free Speech TV

Tactical Peek (282 posts)
18. Smells like a possible violation of the Hatch Act.

From the FDA site, about the Hatch Act:

"May not engage in political activity while on duty

May not engage in political activity in any government office"

https://www.fda.gov/aboutfda/workingatfda/ethics/ucm071602.htm

Instituting a policy that forces all TVs to be tuned to an administration's favored channel is definitely political.

2naSalit (17,869 posts)
29. I would file a complaint...

simply working for the government doesn't make you a slave to the president.

except when it was O'barry... then any dissention was racist...

DeminPennswoods (1,136 posts)
31. TVs came to gov't offices in the late-1990s or so

We had them all over our DoD office. I wondered why we needed them when we had jobs to do. They were usually tuned to c-span and there weren't any remotes, but they could be turned on and off manually. I think the channels must have been controlled in a central location. I know you can tie multiple TVs into just one cable box so that every set shows the same channel.

For some reason, we did get to watch the women's world cup soccer win over China in 1999, though. The one where Brandi Chastain tore off her jersey after scoring the winning goal. Not much work got done that afternoon...

Star Member workinclasszero (17,503 posts)
38. Fascism...Fox is the state news organ of PEEOTUS

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: At FDA, TVs now turned to Fox News and can't be switched
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 11:50:17 AM »
There is a simple solution to this, gouge out your eyes and stick pencils in your ears. then you won't have to see or hear some other view than yours. :tongue:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 12:10:07 PM »
I go to the Y now and if it's on one of the overhead TVs I change it right away.

And if I were there and saw you do it, I'd walk up and tap you on the shoulder and say "Hey, I was watching that.  Would you mind changing it back?" 

The gym is no place to be a tv faggot.  You're liable to get your ass kicked. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 12:21:34 PM »
Where is Doug Bulna when you need him?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 12:23:22 PM »
There is a simple solution to this, gouge out your eyes and stick pencils in your ears. then you won't have to see or hear some other view than yours. :tongue:

Simplistic minds of liberals.  Ban something if they don't like it.  Change the freaking remote or turn it off.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 12:24:54 PM »

I religiously check the obituaries on the internet--but not only for walrus face, but for a whole slew of primitives--and I haven't ever run across any for him.

I'm guessing he's gone incognito, sulking around in the shadows, as he well should.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 12:28:38 PM »
I religiously check the obituaries on the internet--but not only for walrus face, but for a whole slew of primitives--and I haven't ever run across any for him.

I'm guessing he's gone incognito, sulking around in the shadows, as he well should.

Frank, I still get pop up ads for that car dealership.

But we miss the walrus.  Thankully Laydeebug has emerged as a DU 2017 leader in the clubhouse.  It is early though.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 02:35:42 PM »
All your waiting room tvs are belong to us.  :tongue:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 02:37:41 PM »
Tactical Peek (282 posts)
18. Smells like a possible violation of the Hatch Act.

From the FDA site, about the Hatch Act:

"May not engage in political activity while on duty

May not engage in political activity in any government office"

https://www.fda.gov/aboutfda/workingatfda/ethics/ucm071602.htm

Instituting a policy that forces all TVs to be tuned to an administration's favored channel is definitely political.

Is this a troll seeking DU-cred? Or a paid shill?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 02:46:59 PM »
Ready for a non-shock?
You know what's coming, don't you?
It's 85% bogus.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 03:25:36 PM »
When the Snopes people debunk a Lib/Prog Hate-Trump narrative, thet're just trying to limit the number of Libs and Progs who beclown themselves by parroting a ludicrously false factoid.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 03:52:44 PM »

If he stole the remote, could someone at FDA steal the television?

I remember the car dealer ship he worked for got a bomb threat back in 2014.

Police investigating bomb threat called into Denville car dealership
http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014/02/police_investigating_bomb_threat_called_into_denville_car_dealership.html

"It's an ongoing investigation, but we have some very strong leads," he said.

Authorities do not believe the threat was related to Gearhart Chevrolet's operations, but they're investigating whether the threat was against one of the employees, the captain said.

Hmmmmmmmm....................
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 01:22:33 AM »
Star Member sharedvalues (986 posts)
4. Scientists will stop this.

Scientists are smart and know that Fox News lies.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 05:49:17 AM »
" As a paying customer, I use my status as such to take a smack at Pox Noise. I did that at my bank. I kept doing that til they changed it."
What a douche.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 06:33:20 AM »

Uh, unemployed???

What do I win??!!?? :hyper:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 09:11:32 AM »
Star Member calimary (44,293 posts)
19. There's a restaurant at the municipal airport in Camarillo CA that's like that.

The owner has issued a standing order that the big flat screen TV in the entryway is on Pox Noise. ALL THE TIME.

I know because I ate there once and I asked. I ALWAYS ask - whenever I'm in any business that has a TV on that's tuned to Pox Noise. As a paying customer, I use my status as such to take a smack at Pox Noise. I did that at my bank. I kept doing that til they changed it. But I failed at that restaurant. The young woman at the reception desk told me it was a flat-out order from the owner. I told her I intend to remember that.

Walldude lives!

So "calimary" lives in Ventura County, maybe Camarillo or Oxnard or Ventura? There's a nice country club on the other side of "the 101" from the airport. Camarillo is - Surprise! - very white, with a median household income in the $100K range.  Neighboring city Oxnard is ~75% Hispanic, and the median income is in the $50K-$60K range; Oxnard also has more college age people than does Camarillo (whether students or not, their jobs are likely to be at the lower end of the income spectrum). Ventura is, again, fairly white, with a median income in the $60K-$70K range, and a college age population between that of Camarillo and Oxnard, despite being the home of Ventura College. Whether "calimary" lives in somebody's backyard mother-in-law cottage or Spanish Hills Country Club, she's not in an inexpensive housing cost area (I'm not either, but unlike many Libs/Progs, I don't represent myself as some sort of man-of-the-oppressed-peoples).

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 08:27:12 PM »

Hiding in the ceiling with a bunch of remotes?   :whistling:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 08:40:00 AM »
Hiding in the ceiling with a bunch of remotes?   :whistling:
Someone should photoshop his face into the ceiling cat meme.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »
Don't DUmmies have any real problems?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 02:04:00 AM »

:lol: