Author Topic: Frugal Americans Hurt Economic Recovery  (Read 5621 times)

Offline Jim

Re: Frugal Americans Hurt Economic Recovery
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 10:24:11 PM »
I guess it never occurred to the donkeys that 8 years of media calling the economy in the tank when it was the best ever might have been a mistake having left the idiot Frank Raines to fricassee the golden goose.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 11:18:51 PM »
...They take "staycations," grow their own vegetables, buy only used cars and pre-pay cell phones. Case hasn't used a credit card in two years. And she's saving more.

..."People are not saving; they are building financial bomb shelters."

SHIT!!!  Big Brotha's already got his all-seeing Thought Police reconnaissance squad peeking into my household.

Nice knowing ya, guys.  The Thought Police should be kicking in my door any minute now.

Some of 'em won't be living to fellate Dear Leader again.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 01:13:28 AM »
The pony was a misprint; instead it was supposed to be pennies. That's what Obama and the Democraps want to leave you with.

I did my part of trying to jack up the economy today. I bought a 2008 Nissan 350Z sports car. Drove around all day in it. 

I took it back yesterday. The roof had hail damage which I did not notice until late Wed. evening when the sun was shining on it at an angle. Got my money back and the car I traded in. Soured me on buying a new car for a while. 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 01:17:16 AM »
I took it back yesterday. The roof had hail damage which I did not notice until late Wed. evening when the sun was shining on it at an angle. Got my money back and the car I traded in. Soured me on buying a new car for a while. 

Damn, that stinks.  Better luck next time.

Buy a 280ZX and put a Corvette LS1 in it. :-)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.