Author Topic: the lowest and most horrible people on the planet post at Discussionist.  (Read 413 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
DisgustipatedinCA (8,098 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025784952

Some of the lowest and most horrible people on the planet post at Discussionist.
I know, I've seen the warnings here, but I thought I'd see run of the mill climate change deniers, anti-immigration types, handgun fetishists. And I do see those people there. But some of the least capable, mean-spirited, barely-literate pond monkeys you've ever seen have a huge presence there. Some of them are quite incapable of posting anything more intelligent, meaningful, or multisyllabic than "traitor lib" or "suck it, dem". There also appears to be a big movement afoot to label black people as "the real racists". A good number of the OP sources are from Breitbart.com--but this makes for easy pickings; it's formulaic--go to the breitbart article, find the article it sources from, then go back and destroy the argument at hand with the mitigating information that breitbart conveniently left out.

I had thought to find a few smart conservatives to argue with, and I thought I'd just ignore the children. But just being there starts to make me feel all wrong with the world after a time, depressed. Truly, it's a filthy place. Even the rightwingers who don't post the most egregious stuff happily participate in threads with the most vile content, never thinking to stop and correct their brethren. This is normal to them. This is the toxicity they swim in. If I lived amongst people like that, the over/under on me climbing a clock tower would be about 4 days.

Their view of Democrats/liberals is one-dimensional, unless .5-dimensional is possible. I don't begrudge them their big win from Tuesday, but for many of them, victory taunts is all they have, and it appears for all the world that the taunts don't just come after a big election win for them--I think it's all they intend to do, now, next week, next year, whenever. If this is the future of our country, we're so very, very ****ed. I'm not real fond of obnoxious stupidity, but I can honestly say this is the worst I've seen. I looked at FR way back during the Bush admin, and they were a bunch of zeroes, but honestly, the FR of 10 years ago doesn't hold a candle to these limbic creatures.

Moral of the story? Hell, I don't know. But don't make the same mistake I did in assuming you'd be able to find someone intelligent with whom to argue issues. They don't exist at that site.

:rotf:

JI7 (49,026 posts)
1. that will be the result when you have a forum that is open to everyone the reason places usually have limits is not just disagreement but because of the vileness that results without it.

If you limit the amount of free speach to that of an echo chamber (a la DU) you won't have a problem with desenting voices...

onehandle (42,122 posts)
3. Yeah, but it makes coin for DU's owners. And isn't that what's important to us all?

CaliforniaPeggy (112,196 posts)
8. I don't think that was their purpose. n/t
:lol:

Spitfire of ATJ (18,548 posts)
38. Most of these people aren't even into politics....

You will go to their home pages or websites and they will be into sports or video games or music or TV or ANYTHING but politics.

Then these types hear there's an election coming up and it's like a switch goes off in their head to be a complete ASSHOLE to the "Libs" and have fun with that like it's a sporting event and then laugh if they can make some "Libs" cry and then go back to what they were doing before as if they got bored with it.

Most people are not like you, DUmpmonkey.

JoeyT (6,503 posts)
41. I've got a feeling DU would look like that,

were it not for the efforts of MIRT and them being so good at weeding out trolls and the irredeemably stupid.

We may fight like two wet cats in a sack over here, but at least we're coherent.

No, you are not.

mokawanis (3,198 posts)
46. Hate to think how far the rightwingers would go without juries and hides

Some pretty foul comments get through the jury system, but if that weren't in place they'd be much worse. Without juries and hides, a lot of them would go all-out with their hatred and racism.

Another thing you'll find is that the repeat offenders that have been ppr'd and return over and over again with socks are rightwingers.

:stoner:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: the lowest and most horrible people on the planet post at Discussionist.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 02:31:18 AM »
We may fight like two wet cats in a sack over here, but at least we're coherent.

Not even close.  You can hear the head hitting the drywall as they repeat the same gibberish over and over and.....

mokawanis (3,198 posts)
46. Hate to think how far the rightwingers would go without juries and hides

You may want to rethink that, (D)Ummie.  We just gave two of the addled, retarded libs their 5th hide today.  And Libs voted to hide them!!   :yahoo:

You little children just can't stand opposing viewpoints and losing 95% of the time.  Your only wins come when someone posts drooling nonsensical -and quite often made-up - bullshit from rAwStoRY!!!!!!!!!!elEbInTY!!!!

Nobody wants to argue that nonsense.

Another thing you'll find is that the repeat offenders that have been ppr'd and return over and over again with socks are rightwingers.

Nope.  I recognize two of the 5th hide libs in that thread.  They haven't come back under their original names yet.  Like:

Spitfire of ATJ (18,548 posts)
38. Most of these people aren't even into politics....

and yet, you got spanked into oblivion repeatedly......
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:39:46 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 09:09:36 AM »
Response to CaliforniaPeggy (Reply #8)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 10:27 PM

Star Member Rex (47,539 posts)
18. A couple of people keep saying that, yet last I checked both sites are free.

Response to onehandle (Reply #3)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 10:26 PM

17. Why it's free?

Why do people keep saying that? It cost nothing to sign up there or here.

Response to Rex (Reply #17)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 11:02 PM

JonLP24 (15,240 posts)
22. Are there ads?

I don't have an opinion either but if there ads then they see revenue from that site.

Response to JonLP24 (Reply #22)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 11:06 PM

24. There are ads on every website you go to.

So signing up is free, I've surfed here with ads for years and years.

Response to Rex (Reply #24)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 11:11 PM

JonLP24 (15,240 posts)
28. The point you contended to

was coin for DU owners. You seemed to dispute that when they make their revenue from advertising.

99% of money made from Facebook is advertising.

Response to Rex (Reply #17)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 11:06 PM

BrotherIvan (4,064 posts)
23. Advertising

Advertising impressions generate $$, click throughs even more. It's rather rapacious in my opinion.

Response to BrotherIvan (Reply #23)

Fri Nov 7, 2014, 11:08 PM

25. I spent years here and never spent a single dime.

Yeah ads, just like everywhere else on the internet. Signing up is free. They could have made DU3 a total pay for site, but didn't.

Congratulations Rex,you just won stupidest person on the Internet!

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:37:02 AM »
Congratulations Rex,you just won stupidest person on the Internet!

That seems to be a common trait among a lot of them.  Taking everything so literally is a symptom of a mental disorder.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler