Author Topic: What to do when you fb friend a childhood friend and  (Read 1948 times)

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
Re: What to do when you fb friend a childhood friend and
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 08:01:16 AM »
I think there is only ONE good thing about Obamacare.  Pre-existing conditions.  The way he signs laws into effect why didn't he just regulate or something instead of completely screwing everything up for everyone?  I don't know, I seem to remember the gov't getting involved in regulating the price of cable and cereal a long time ago.  Seems they would have just done the exact same thing.  Please school me if I am wrong because I might be thinking a little off today.    :-)

That's my opinion as well.  Congress could have fixed these problems with very specific legislation.  Instead, Obama decided to trash the whole thing and replace it with this monstrosity.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 08:20:55 AM »
I think there is only ONE good thing about Obamacare.  Pre-existing conditions.  The way he signs laws into effect why didn't he just regulate or something instead of completely screwing everything up for everyone?  I don't know, I seem to remember the gov't getting involved in regulating the price of cable and cereal a long time ago.  Seems they would have just done the exact same thing.  Please school me if I am wrong because I might be thinking a little off today.    :-)

I think that, when the full damage of Democare manifests itself in the 2014 and 2016 elections, that the pre-existing conditions portion of Democare will be the only scintilla of it left. O-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2013, 02:00:54 PM »
I think that, when the full damage of Democare manifests itself in the 2014 and 2016 elections, that the pre-existing conditions portion of Democare will be the only scintilla of it left. O-)

I agree with that.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2013, 02:10:35 PM »
Why is everything such a dramatic big deal to these people?  I have all sorts of friends on Facebook, gays, liberals, and Muslims.  There are even a couple DU-like liberals on there.  I don't have an issue with them...  Sometimes we discuss politics in a civilized manner, and there are times I know not to comment on some of their crap because of the argument that might in-sue and I really don't think FB is the place to hash it out. 

These people find drama every where... Grocery store lines, Facebook, Starbucks, at the Gas pump, at the Voting station...  I really just don't have that much drama in my life and I don't need to argue with every person I come across.  Especially total strangers.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2013, 05:28:50 PM »

There were already laws concerning preexisting conditions as long as you did not have a lapse in coverage over 90 days. Otherwise you had to wait a year. My plan did not exclude any pre existing conditions and that is the plan I currently have.

The problem with Obamacare is people will wait until they get sick to purchase insurance. It's like buying car insurance after you wreck your car. It will simply raise the rates to those that believe they need insurance already.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 01:54:19 AM »
I'm in a private group with people I went from grade school to high school with. I moved around here and there between but most of these people I've known forever. This is OR, there are flaming libs everywhere. But I adore them. We had grade school crushes on each other and sweet stuff like that. We keep politics out of the conversation and just ignore public posts we don't like. Why get your panties in a wad over growing up and having different POV's? People who have all your grade school class pictures and still don't laugh at you are friends worth keeping.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 05:56:42 PM »
Do you ever see a conservative develop a raging case of crotch-rash like these "progressives" do every time they run into a differing opinion?

From a relative? Disown them!

Have it come to DU? Ban them!

Show up on FaceBook? Unfriend them!

Hear it on the street? Shout them down!

From a business owner? Boycott them!

Speaker at university? Rush the stage, barricade the doors!

Private citizen? Publish their e-mail address and phone number!

Talking head in the media? Boycott their sponsors/demand their firing/ encourage lawsuit/ demand government sanctions!

I mean they just shit their collective pants if anyone dares disagree with them.

Ain't that the truth, Dandi. Scratch a liberal, find a dictator.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013, 06:05:54 PM »
I always love the "ultimatum" and attempt at public shaming of my Progressive FB "friends."

That's the way to convince me.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 06:11:40 PM »
I'm in a private group with people I went from grade school to high school with. I moved around here and there between but most of these people I've known forever. This is OR, there are flaming libs everywhere. But I adore them. We had grade school crushes on each other and sweet stuff like that. We keep politics out of the conversation and just ignore public posts we don't like. Why get your panties in a wad over growing up and having different POV's? People who have all your grade school class pictures and still don't laugh at you are friends worth keeping.

Cindie

My high school group FB page is politics free, too.  There's a separate page for politics, nobody bothers.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston