Author Topic: The literal butthurt primitive spins a job bouncy.  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
The literal butthurt primitive spins a job bouncy.
« on: January 05, 2013, 01:01:51 PM »
MindPilot (10,334 posts)

18 months ago when I started this job my righty nutjob supervisor was a "proud tea party member".

Right now he is sitting in his office watching Rachel. I lured him in with last night's really cool war story.
He still considers himself conservative, but he is definitely no longer in the "nutjob" category.

This morning I think I convinced him that his semi-automatic rifle really isn't a deterrent which protects him from government tyranny, because a) it hasn't so far (FISA) and b.) the government has much more powerful weapons. (We work for a DoD contractor; we know better than most the capabilities of the hardware the government can bring to bear against a threat.)

Other co-workers are beginning to enjoy my Rush Limbaugh imitation. Whenever somebody brings up some right-wing talking point I mock it in a Rush voice complete with the compulsive shirt-tug

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022130826

:whatever:

Do they really believe that watching some moonbat on the tee vee will convert teabaggers into DUmmies?

NYC Liberal (14,997 posts)
11. My mom dated a full-on teabagger for a few months back in 2010

(She is a liberal Dem)

Whenever I would visit and he was there, we would inevitable get into an argument because he'd insist on making some political comment no matter what we were talking about. Always got heated and usually we'd end up screaming (no name-calling or anything...just got loud).

Anyway, one night after our argument he told me he still totally disagreed with me but that he respected that I stood up for my beliefs and that I made a good argument.

They weren't together long enough for me to actually do any "converting" but maybe I planted some kind of seed. (Ok, doubt it, but there's a remote possibility.)

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
Re: The literal butthurt primitive spins a job bouncy.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 01:06:09 PM »
Even flat tires bounce more than that. Zero bongs.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 01:14:55 PM »
Fri Jan 4, 2013, 01:26 PM
MindPilot (10,336 posts)

18 months ago when I started this job

This guy's big on workplace bouncy tales:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x134524

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 01:42:21 PM »
What is it with their uncontrollable urge to tell bouncies?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »

Do not try to understand an irrational and demented mind BEG,it is hopeless.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 02:04:03 PM »
MindPilot   (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Fri Jan-07-11 08:56 PM
Response to Reply #17
20. Amusing DU stories are what I live for!!1!
I'm hoping for an opportunity like him saying something along the lines "damn feds won't help with my re-fi". That chance my not come, and trust me I am acutely aware of my need to be somewhat stealthy in these matters. I got users who trust me to be quiet about a lot more stuff than a political juxtaposition.

From the GO BUCKS link.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 03:40:32 PM »

Spoiled children who need attention.  "Look at me, look at me, I'm important!"
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 04:11:05 PM »
Spoiled children who need attention.  "Look at me, look at me, I'm important!"

That, and a need to be the biggest douchebag of the bunch.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
Ads by BlogAds

There are a lot of SSDs on the market, but few have won more than 50 industry awards. With the Crucial® m4 SSD, get performance you can trust.

Award-winning quality. Award-winning performance. Crucial SSDs.

Get the Crucial m4 SSD at Crucial.com and receive free shipping, firmware updates, SSD support, and more.
    Read more »

Advertise here

MindPilot Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore    Fri Jan-07-11 08:27 PM
Original message
So I'm in a co-workers office today...of course he' a righty

Edited on Fri Jan-07-11 08:40 PM by MindPilot
Young Conservatives' Reagan calendar on the wall, Internet shortcuts to Fox, WND, Drudge, etc. You get the picture. So I'm loading software and I have nothing to do but watch little blue bars roll across the screen. I happen to see some paperwork on the desk--mortgage statement, and a bunch of other papers relating to mortgage application. This guy has an interest-only loan for well over $300k and looking to get a "government-assisted" refi! Don't know for sure--damnit Jim I'm an IT guy not a PI guy!--but I strongly suspect he's upside down.

I hope at some point in the next few days to ask him why he needs GOVERNMENT HELP to buy a house? What happened to your personal responsibility? Bootstraps broke? Hmmm?

On edit: I should clarify...I don't think this qualifies as snooping since everything was out there right in the open; I didn't have to touch a single piece of paper or do anything but look. In fact it was kind of hard to NOT see.

Uh, how the hell does he know it is an interest-only loan from reading a mortgage statement (which mine does not disclose what kind of loan it is) and mortgage applications?   

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »
MindPilot (10,334 posts)

...Other co-workers are beginning to enjoy my Rush Limbaugh imitation. Whenever somebody brings up some right-wing talking point I mock it in a Rush voice complete with the compulsive shirt-tug.

That Rodney Dangerfield, you F'N MORON!!!!   :bigbird:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 06:10:41 PM »
That Rodney Dangerfield, you F'N MORON!!!!   :bigbird:
DUmmies live in a world of make-believe.  This one doesn't know any better.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 06:17:44 PM »
Zero Bongs...

No conservative or tea party "member" (whatever that means)  would watch Rachel and all of the sudden change their ways...  If anything watching her is liking reading DU and just makes us more conservative and more understanding that liberalism is a mental disorder.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 06:18:27 PM »
NYC Liberal (14,997 posts)
11. My mom dated a full-on teabagger for a few months back in 2010

(She is a liberal Dem)

Whenever I would visit and he was there, we would inevitable get into an argument because he'd I'd insist on making some political comment no matter what we were talking about. Always got heated and usually we'd I'd end up screaming (no name-calling or anything I called him lots of names until Mom asked me to leave...just got loud).

Anyway, one night after our argument he told me he still totally disagreed with me but that he respected that I stood up for my beliefs and that I made a good argument.  I screamed that he was brainwashed and mom told me to leave again

They weren't together long enough The guy figured out anybody that could raise some like me was a disaster waiting to happen and dumped her like a hot potato for me to actually do any "converting" but maybe I planted some kind of seed. (Ok, doubt it, but there's a remote possibility.)

Fixed that for ya, dummie.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 06:19:25 PM »
DUmmies live in a world of make-believe.  This one doesn't know any better.

They live in "another world", that's for sure.

I remember seeing a copy Algore's crockumentary "An Inconvenient Truth" in the store years ago, and the first thing I noticed was the "hurricane" on the cover was spinning in the wrong direction!   :lmao:

It's not just "this one", either.  EVERY ONE of them are like this! 

They're "special", don't ya know.   :shortbus:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:26:21 PM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »
I remember seeing a copy Algore's crockumentary "An Inconvenient Truth" in the store years ago, and the first thing I noticed was the "hurricane" on the cover was spinning in the wrong direction!   :lmao:
If you want to catch fish, you got to have bait. :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »
Spoiled children who need attention.  "Look at me, look at me, I'm important!"

Yep.  They require reaffirmation of their bestest, smartest, most scienti-est!!!111ElEveNty personal meme constantly;  like toddlers who, jump up and down in front of the TV screaming "I want ATTENTION, I want ATTENTION".

Since they don't get it in real life:  (D)U bouncies, custom tailored to an audience of bubble dwellers.  Reality Not Included.

Quote from: diesel driver on Today at 03:19:25 pm
I remember seeing a copy Algore's crockumentary "An Inconvenient Truth" in the store years ago, and the first thing I noticed was the "hurricane" on the cover was spinning in the wrong direction!   
:rotf: :rotf:

From the Party of sCiEnCe!!!!!11111
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:32:43 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 06:36:58 PM »
Zero Bongs...

No conservative or tea party "member" (whatever that means)  would watch Rachel and all of the sudden change their ways... 

When I see that smug, snotty carpetmuncher it makes my skin crawl.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 06:44:54 PM »
Oh please! Like a supervisor would listen to an idiot like this, or even talk politics at work. Supposedly the purpose of being there is to get work done. Small talk, sure, but in depth political talk like this? Not unless you're pretty good friends and not on company time.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 11:08:11 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022130826

Do they really believe that watching some moonbat on the tee vee will convert teabaggers into DUmmies?

Yes they do. They literally believe that we only believe what we believe because somebody, most likely Rush Limbaugh, told us what to believe.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 07:38:19 AM »
Yes they do. They literally believe that we only believe what we believe because somebody, most likely Rush Limbaugh, told us what to believe.

It's easy to see why. They believe anything a moron like Obullshitter tells them, hell they lap it up like mothers milk.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »

They live in a world of failure, and they get a lift from the vicarious experience of success these BS tales give them.  Just storytellers with an audience.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 11:28:25 AM »
They live in a world of failure, and they get a lift from the vicarious experience of success these BS tales give them.  Just storytellers with an audience.

First they claim we're stupid because we uncritically accept Fox News but then they high-5 each other after uncritically accepting a BS story about someone converting after uncritically accepting what Maddow spews.

If someone can be so easily swayed I wouldn't want them on my side.

Ditto those so willingly self-deluded. (stupid auto-spell)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:53:10 PM by SGT Snuggle Bunny »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."