Author Topic: Scumbag WCGreen accidentally tells a truth  (Read 789 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Scumbag WCGreen accidentally tells a truth
« on: February 14, 2012, 02:26:11 PM »
WCGreen

View profile

26 years ago, I was driving around Cleveland with a car full of Balloons...

...up my ass, filled with heroin...

Last edited Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:57 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
I wanted to get into show business and I thought it might be fun to deliver singing telegrams.

Singing telegrams in Cleveland. Yeah...next stop, Hollywood.

I ended up delivering Balloon-a-grams, singing as well, for about six months before I decided that maybe I should try for a band instead.

Because no one wanted to hear me scream out Fortunate Son at a birthday party.

Not to say that I didn't have a lot of fun because I did, but it was also a bit of a hassle as I took a job with a smaller local company than signing on to Eastern Onion Telegrams which was a national chain.

I think if I had taken the Onion instead of the Balloons to You, I would have probably be acting and singing in local musical theater.

In Cleveland. Yeah, takes a lot of dues-paying to make it onstage in...Cleveland.

I was so turned off by it that I went into the bar band thing.

I once made a promise to myself that I would make money doing the things I loved; performing, writing and politics.

Needless to say, the politics was the money maker. I still make some money doing work for various candidates but those days are gone. I also supported myself for a while writing and editing a local Independent newspaper. That was a lot of fun and I had the most leeway with that.

And as far as performing, well, I made a good bit of cash running around in a white tuxedo. But I also made a good chunk of change playing out in bar bands.

Anyway, that one and only VD that I delivered Balloon-a-grams was eventful. I think I did about fifteen deliveries over the course o the day. One to an inner high city school and the other to a suburban high school.

Guess which one treated me like I was from outer space.

I also delivered a balloon-a-gram to a construction site where the Forman's wife had ordered a "risqué" delivery.

They were pretty disappointed when I showed.

I ended up the night at a rundown strip joint. It was a young woman’s first "legal" day on stage and i got to go up and bump and grind a little before I tied the balloons around her...

Classy. Only in Cleveland. Wonder if she had a changemaker for when guys waved a dollar at her and expected money back.

I'll leave that to your imagination.

Now I am on disability and still write occasionally for publication. Like I said, I also still keep my finger in the political pool. But performing, Well those days are probably over. Although I may get out to an open mic now and then.

One thing I know, realizing those dreams have made me feel kind of special. I'm not rich; don't have much money when you come right down to it. It just means that dreams can be realized even if they don't happen to plan.

Happy Valentine ’s Day and if you ever get singing telegram, give them some slack. They are the grunts of the entertainment industry.

- The Warbling DUmbass.

Definition of a greasy old skank

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Scumbag WCGreen accidentally tells a truth
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:04:22 PM »
Is that particular skank actually a biological woman?  Their avatars mean nothing, and the OP seems quite ambiguous.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:05:42 PM »
Is that particular skank actually a biological woman?  Their avatars mean nothing, and the OP seems quite ambiguous.

Not sure, but the green commode primitive and CaliforniaPiggy are pretty tight with each other.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 03:19:04 PM »
If you let any lib/dem talk long enough, they will eventually tell at least one truth. They love to hear themselves talk.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:59:39 PM »
Disabled? Yeah right! I have six screws in my back, need two more, and I still work for a living!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 04:02:48 PM »
The only known person to ever come out of Cleveland is Drew Carey and how long has show business been around?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »
LeBron James. Malcolm the ninth, only slightly less well known than Malcolm the tenth.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline shadeaux

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 04:45:47 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/WCGreen/featured

Said it before, will say it again: the ne plus ultra of human existence to a liberal is to strum a damned acoustic guitar and sing someone else's songs (or, in the case of TominTib, steal someone else's songs and pass them off as your own, as though Google doesn't exist).

Ridiculous.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
Said it before, will say it again: the ne plus ultra of human existence to a liberal is to strum a damned acoustic guitar and sing someone else's songs (or, in the case of TominTib, steal someone else's songs and pass them off as your own, as though Google doesn't exist).

Ridiculous.
So much for that whole "what do you want to be when you grow up?" thing.

******* hippies.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 05:19:28 PM »
******* hippies.

Let's make no mistake: it's all in a concerted effort to find liberal chicks who are DTF. That's just a liberal dude's game: chase the bearded drumsticks with a banjo and a song.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 04:37:24 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/WCGreen/featured

Looks like Willie Nelson's older brother.

Sounds like Rosie O'Donnell's older sister.

Did anyone notice the O2 cannula in his nose?  Yet, he can sing.

Just don't smoke around him.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.