Author Topic: What the military is doing to the minds of our men and women in uniform  (Read 7364 times)

Offline Dont try to run

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: What the military is doing to the minds of our men and women in uniform
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2012, 11:54:17 PM »
You've heard that O'bummer's dept of justice is arguing that it's free speech to fake bein' a soldier, right?
As I recall a Federal Judge found the "Stolen Valor Act" as passed by Congress ans signed by the President to be "Unconstitutional", so anybody can wear a uniform in public, lie about military service, and wear and claim medals they never earned or received.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2012, 05:27:01 AM »
Maybe it's because they're actually there, DUmbass, and know the score. Maybe they're privy to information you don't have, because you get all your information from some asshole Leftist blog.

That is pretty much it in a nutshell.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2012, 07:51:36 AM »
As I recall a Federal Judge found the "Stolen Valor Act" as passed by Congress ans signed by the President to be "Unconstitutional", so anybody can wear a uniform in public, lie about military service, and wear and claim medals they never earned or received.

For the benefit of one Senator John F'n Kerry (who served in Vietnam).
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Dont try to run

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2012, 08:24:40 AM »
For the benefit of one Senator John F'n Kerry (who served in Vietnam).
When you are a illegitimate son of one of the Kennedy boys you can buy off anybody, including corrupt Navy commanding officers. Kerry got 2 Purple Hearts for wounds he inflicted on himself (one with frag shrapnel and another with a HE 203 round, neither while under enemy fire) and the third by scratching himself on something on his boat. He got a medal for shooting a unarmed VC shot through both legs already, after the action was over, and something else for doing something that another boat did after he had already evacuated himself off to get his scratch treated by a Doctor. He got his Silver Star like the day after the supposed action, without any investigation always resulting from a recommendation for that high a award.
When he got back to ConUS (nobody was sorry to see him gone in Vietnam) he went trolling the Naval Hospitals in full Admiral's Aide rig trying to recruit wounded for his VVAW. No shit. While in full rig in Naval Hospitals.
The Officer who awarded him his Silver Star and was his staunch defender himself had his medals withdrawn.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
I'll have to check into it but I'm pretty certain that the Ranger Battalions do not have artillery assets so why would they need foward observers when every NCO and officer gets trained to do call for fire?

Regular infantry units get FO's attatched to them along with medics and other assets. The Rangers are mostly Infantry but I have never heard of them having other MOS in addition to that since they are no bigger then battalion size units. So I'm calling BS on David West as I see all of you others have too.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:29:45 AM by Airwolf »
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Dont try to run

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2012, 12:16:11 AM »
I'll have to check into it but I'm pretty certain that the Ranger Battalions do not have artillery assets so why would they need foward observers when every NCO and officer gets trained to do call for fire?

Regular infantry units get FO's attatched to them along with medics and other assets. The Rangers are mostly Infantry but I have never heard of them having other MOS in addition to that since they are no bigger then battalion size units. So I'm calling BS on David West as I see all of you others have too.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a MOSfor it, butreally I don't see the need. We had FACs (pilots) and Naval Gunfire laisons, butany Cpl and many almost all LCpls in the marine Infantry could call and adjustat leastarty and mortars. Because Air and NG used different radios and freqs usually getting them involved relaying through a FAC NGL, or the Fire Support Coordination Center that has them would serve as intermediary and relay the mission. They listen in on most FS missions, or are supposed to, and can take over and redirect say, aircraft on station, to a lucrative target. You could call for mortars and end up finding youself recieving helo Gunships or fast movers, or heavy arty.
It was a FSCCthat refused fire for that event that dakotaMeyer got the MOH for. They also can abort misssions like they did that day. They are supposed to help, but with the nonsense ROEs that happened.
But if you go through RIP and getassigned to a ranger unit you are a ranger. Ranger School is for NCOs now pretty much.
But this Westguywent through bootand MOS training, Jump School, Rip, and did 4 months in Iraq. Then spent his second year getting himself discharged for his radical "Libertarian" attitude. They saw another Tim McVeigh in this guy, for sure.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:18:34 AM by Dont try to run »

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2012, 08:23:07 AM »
Is a forward observer a feeder into the Rangers? Last I checked, there were very limited options, 11B, combat medic, 25U (former 31U), I think 25C (former 31C), and maybe a few others.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Dont try to run

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2012, 09:21:02 AM »
Is a forward observer a feeder into the Rangers? Last I checked, there were very limited options, 11B, combat medic, 25U (former 31U), I think 25C (former 31C), and maybe a few others.
I looked up 13F and it's not a MOS for dummies. The training is pretty complete and a graduate can do anything from maintain and operate and communicate with the assigned radios and wire comm to setting up FS plans. It's not a job that you wotk on the guns in. It would traiin people to work in a FSCC. I could see why a Ranger Bn would have some, especailly in Iraq or Afghanistan. I don't think their MOS would be especially useful on patrol though. Better they stay in a commo bunker to be useful, and not kicking in doors. It seems to me to likely be a  Bn HQ Co. or even a Reg HQ assignment, and not one suitable for a Grunt Ranger Platoon or Company.
Still, the guy spent a year in the Army, 4 months of that in iraq, and then 14 months trying to get a discharge because he is comfortable shooting USMilitary and Police for violating "our Constitutional Rights" but not shooting Iraqis of Afghans or any other Islamists because we deserve it for being "over there".
If you watch his internet movie (3 parts) on Youtube or Liveleak, it's called "One Man's Terrorist", he obviiously has a chip about US military, US laws involving Marijuaning and guns, and is praying for a "Ron Paul Revolution" involving shootouts. He's nuts. He can talk about his "2 years with the Rangers (actually 2 years in the Army total) but he isn't a honorably discharged Vet. And he didn't get out as a C.O. I am sure he got put out as mentally unfit with a damning Psych diagnosis of a dangerous Personality disorder.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2012, 10:34:38 AM »

ranger battalions have mortar assets and usually have designated artillery for support- BUT, not ranger artillery.
However- anyone can go to Ranger School. Not everyone gets to serve in the Batts.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2012, 11:05:30 AM »
I looked up 13F and it's not a MOS for dummies. The training is pretty complete and a graduate can do anything from maintain and operate and communicate with the assigned radios and wire comm to setting up FS plans. It's not a job that you wotk on the guns in. It would traiin people to work in a FSCC. I could see why a Ranger Bn would have some, especailly in Iraq or Afghanistan. I don't think their MOS would be especially useful on patrol though. Better they stay in a commo bunker to be useful, and not kicking in doors. It seems to me to likely be a  Bn HQ Co. or even a Reg HQ assignment, and not one suitable for a Grunt Ranger Platoon or Company.

If I may:

I was designated 13F but never took the school as I IST'ed to Colorado.

I was with HHC/1/53 IN BN which had a dedicated Fire Support section. I spent my days with the very under-manned Scout section with 2 to 3 FO's attached to each platoon. Each Scout E-5 and above was Ranger tabbed by papal decree. One FO usually went with each squad. When the Scouts would near a point they wanted to obeserve more closely they would assume a triangular, barrels-out formation and go to ground. The SL and I would then creep through the swamp and brush as 2 creep more quietly than 10+. The reason it was me and the SL going was based on the idea that if it was just something to observe his MOS would be the default but if it was worth killing then it was my lane. Even then we were both making notes WRT our respective sciences.

Granted, my experience is limited in both time and scope. I was never the end-all, be-all of 13Foxies but I loved the job I did. I would have kept the MOS except COARNG didn't have anything comparable. They were strictly MLRS when I got out here and for a 13F that means being stuck behind a computer deciphering for the 13Ps what another 13F just said. It's miserable work and I went back to being a 68W (although it was 91A when I originally enlisted) where I remain to this day.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Dont try to run

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2012, 05:16:54 PM »
The SL and I would then creep through the swamp and brush as 2 creep more quietly than 10+.
That'sfor sure. When I was a Scout/Sniper we trained and operated in two man teams. Wth out skills we could go anywhere. It was amazing. I think back now and I scare myself. The team leader had a M16, PRC 77, binos and spotting scope and a starlight and eventually NVGs. The Sniper carried a M40A1. We both had pistols. We had maps and compass and knew had to use them better than any officer. We had shackle sheets for coding too, if anybody remembers them. t saved us the trouble of carring a krypto box attached to the radio that was heavier then the PRC 77.I think it was a KY-38 or something. Nobody ever knew where we were, or when we passed by of through. We weren't required to wear helmets or B/A  either.
The rest of STA was smart grunts who operated NODs and Ground Survellence Radars. There were about half a dozen guys in each section.There were 8 Scout/Snipers (4 team) on the T/O.
But Iraq and Afghanistan changed things. Now they have a bunch of non-MOS guys who hopefully get 4 weeks of training in the Scout/Sniper Platoon. I guess they provide additional firepower and security for the Scout/Sniper Teams. And the Sniper in the team carries a M16 in addition to his M40,which is usually in a drag bag on his back. So you got a half dozen guys walking around now, at least. Big trade off in stealth during movement. There were a couple bad events in Iraq that forced this. One Scout/Sniper team with security got ambushed moving i the open sand at night and got shot up, and another 4 man team kept leaving a place at night and going back and shooting from it in the morning for several days in a row. 2 team together and all were killed and weapons and eqiupment stolen (the Sniper Rifles were recovered much later in the dead hands of Jubas). Not too much independent action for the S/S teams anymore. I am sure there are occasions, but 2 men alone jsut is considered too risky unless they are willing to kill anybody, including a sheard kid, who might stumble on them. That has happened to SEALs and SAS and they didn't, and got pretty much wiped out when the bastards ran off and dropped the dime. But what are you gonna do? Knife kids?
Hopefully in the future if we ever fight in jungle or forest or even savanna they will go back to the 2 man MOS only teams and leave the other guys with the S-2.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:22:53 PM by Dont try to run »

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2012, 05:51:10 PM »
If this guy is real then he should know better! It's simply infuriating!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Dont try to run

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
If this guy is real then he should know better! It's simply infuriating!

Cindie
No, the guy is a hardcore RonBot. he may very well have enlisted with the intention of forcing them to put him out, but being able to confront people like John Bolton and others by saying "I was a Ranger for 2 years and deployed to Iraq.
If you consider he was being processed for discharge for 14 months, and add Boot, MOS, Jump, and RIP training, as well as leave and travel and processing, he wasn't in the Ranger unit actually as a deployable very long at all. Just long enough to say "I was a Ranger".
He doesn't mention he's a shitcanned ranger with a shitcanned discharge though.