Author Topic: poll: are primitives capable of being successful moles?  (Read 1142 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
poll: are primitives capable of being successful moles?
« on: February 24, 2012, 09:16:13 AM »
Are primitives capable of being successful moles?

One might recall a few years ago, when Pedro Picasso, the "Atman" primitive, showed up at our old home, after the fact alleging he had "moled" there.

Which of course was utter nonsense; Pedro Picasso charged into our old home about as quietly as a pig running around inside a chicken-coop.  It was obvious who he was from the beginning.

So in that respect, he'd been a troll, not a mole.  Two different sorts of animals.

A mole, on the other hand, is someone who tries to blend in, like most of the successful moles on Skins's island.

However, a mole (from either side) can try "too hard" to blend in, giving himself away.

Are primitives capable of being successful moles?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

Re: poll: are primitives capable of being successful moles?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »
I said no, as they are incapable of understanding how we think.  An example of this is grouchy Don's question, why the audience booed when the contraception question was asked.  He's utterly flummoxed, and doesn't get it.  Also, they wouldn't be able to poke fun at a liberal in a convincing way. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »
I said no, as they are incapable of understanding how we think.

That may be it, madam.

After all, it's hard for someone who thinks with his mouth or his ass to understand those of us who think with our heads.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:31:07 AM »
I also said "no," as IIRC, we had someone try to "mole" over here a few years ago, and said idiot was about as suave and subtle as a jackhammer.  It was obvious to me that he was a "disruptor."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline commonguymd

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
I say not sure.  I think a lot hide themselves cleverly at Free Republic.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 10:04:34 AM »
I said no.  As Karin said they are not capable of thinking conservatively.  Their entire concept of conservatism is saying "Fox, Rush, Beck," over and over.  Conversely, it is incredibly simple to mole "progressive" sites.  All you need to do is whine about something.  Screaming discrimination in some form will always get you cred.

Offline SarasotaRepub

• eeeeeeevil ReThug
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:04:19 AM »
A few but not a lot.

They always lose it at some point.
Vader Rules!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »
I don't think liberals are smart enough to mole. They're too emotionally-attached and emotionally-unstable to be able to talk trash about dear leader for an extended period of time.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »
There are a few -

But they will always overplay their hand eventually. Honestly, I have no problem with the notion of moles here, or at other conservative sites. The optimist in me feels if they mole well enough for long enough they just might learn something.

Offline Gary56

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 02:53:01 PM »
I say no and for the reasons others have given.  They don't understand the conservative mind and for a nuanced bunch of people, they see everything as black and white.  You don't like a black president, you're racist.  You don' think the government should pay for abortions, you hate women and you are racist.  You don't believe in gay marriage, you're a homophobe. You don't support raising taxes on the 1%, you are either a 1%er or you are stupid for not looking out for your best interests.  On and on.

But I have always wondered if Frank was a mole.  He is just too interesting of a person to be real. :-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 03:31:51 PM »
I say no and for the reasons others have given.  They don't understand the conservative mind and for a nuanced bunch of people, they see everything as black and white.  You don't like a black president, you're racist.  You don' think the government should pay for abortions, you hate women and you are racist.  You don't believe in gay marriage, you're a homophobe. You don't support raising taxes on the 1%, you are either a 1%er or you are stupid for not looking out for your best interests.  On and on.

But I have always wondered if Frank was a mole.  He is just too interesting of a person to be real. :-)

I've thought about taking him up on his offer to call me with his new phone, to realize that he really does exist.  But then I see his pics in the Sandhills forum, and realize that he really does.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 03:33:57 PM »
I've thought about taking him up on his offer to call me with his new phone, to realize that he really does exist.  But then I see his pics in the Sandhills forum, and realize that he really does.

The latest status of the telephone's in the Sandhills forum.

You know, it's a good thing, a very good thing, I don't rely on telephones for communication.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 03:48:36 PM »
I voted one or two might simply because it is possible, however unlikely, for a person to actually understand conservatism and reject it in favor of infantilism and so be able to camouflage himself for a time in our presence.

Of course, when I see these words actually typed out, they do not make sense to me. Be that as it may, I will stick with my gut decision for now.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »
I say no because the way they think how we think is so off base that when they try posting their racist remarks on conservative sites they get found out right away.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »
They traffic in such cheap fantasies they can't read us good enough to fake being us. They're perfect and good so we must be evil. They're about as deep as that. The best they could do would be to swagger-in, launch some tirade about fags and brown-skinned people and sit back grinning to themselves for their cleverness.

For me the opposite is true.

I once had a very successful progressive mole. I was even nominated to mod one of their sub-forums. My entire schtick was to get them to live up to their own standards, per Saul Alinsky's tactic.

(They're not very good at it and it's the best way to sow discord in their ranks!)

The more progressive I became the harder it was for them to ferret me out. Not any of that silly, "All hail Marx!" tripe. Their agenda is so unsustainable that as soon as you start preaching love and tolerance in the name of gay marriage you instantly open fault lines for tolerance of religion. You just have to be sure to couch it in terms they already use and slap at evil right-wingers in the process. In fact, telling them their hatred mimics their own caricatures of conservatives is a good way to shut them up.

The hardest part for me was not repeating my takedowns posted here over at DU. However, since there are numerous flaws in each liberal potion it was easy to open one attack here and start a second or third attack from a liberal POV at DU.

But they know what principles are...in theory. They don't want to live up to them because principles are only what you use to shame people into giving you what you won't get for yourself.

Eventually they got so predictable as to be boring. I stopped running my mole not long after The Great Migration. it was a good breakpoint. Easy to lose yourself amid the lowing herds lumbering off to the next watering hole.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 03:42:25 PM »
Libs come to be moles very naturally. Quite often they deny even to themselves they are libs.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 03:49:50 PM »
That may be it, madam.

After all, it's hard for someone who thinks with his mouth or his ass to understand those of us who think with our heads.

Goes double for those who thinks their ass is a vagina.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 03:50:09 PM »
Ouch.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 11:49:37 PM »
I'm not sure.  I see a couple who 'could' be moles, but I give them the benefit of the doubt that they are former liberal/progressives that want to switch teams, but can't quite shed their snake skins.  There are nuanced words contained in their comments that are red flags to me, but I hope I am not being too myopic on how true Conservatives think and speak.