Author Topic: What the????  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

What the????
« on: October 04, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »
Fastcars (28 posts)      Sun Oct-04-09 12:50 PM
Original message
Lack Of Taser Killed A Good Friend

I understand the sentiments of many here that tasers are often mis-used and even can lead to death in some circumstances, but the local PD's refusal to issues them is the reason a friend of mine died this weekend.

He was bi-polar (hyper-religious) and assaulted a 77 year old woman working at a local pharmacy while suffering from what I guess would be called a psychotic episode. He left the pharmacy and a local officer pulled him over a couple of miles from the store. A physical altercation ensued, an off duty officer stopped to render aid (I do not know if he was on the scene before the fight started)and ended up shooting and killing Scott. If either officer was armed with a taser instead of a firearm, Scott could most likely have been subdued without the use of lethal force. At least we would know they did everything they could before resorting to lethal force.

I am in no way blaming the officers, my friend was tough as hell when not undergoing some form of psychotic episode so I can't imagine dealing with him in that state. I do blame the local PD's refusal to issued a non-lethal alternative to end this type of situation.

Excuse the rambling. I am more than a little disturbed about this.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6694952

WTF is hyper-religious?  Me thinks it was a lack of straightjacket and rubber room that killed this loon.

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Re: What the????
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 01:24:38 PM »
That post defines the futility of trying to talk to a DUmmie.

Had the "PD" issued Tasers, and had a taser been employed, and had his "hyper-religous" friend been arrested with no more then a headache and 2 pin holes in him than Mr Fastcars would have been going batshit crazy about how the "PD" treat sick people that just need understanding and care.  
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 01:30:52 PM »
It seems like the local police were familiar with this friend that died, and knew that he was dangerous. 
Fastcars (29 posts)           Sun Oct-04-09 01:07 PM
Response to Reply #6
13. My Money....

Would have been on Scott in a two on one confrontation with about 90% of the Bossier City PD, even in a non-psychotic episode. He has had run-ins with them in the past and the BCPD stated that in a 10 on 1 situation three of the officers were injured trying to subdue Scott in the past.

I understand that many cops mis-use tasers, and are very fond of using them as punishment for failure to jump when told to. If your were familiar with the BCPD you would understand the mindset that non-lethal force isn't an attractive alternative.

Are you saying that deadly force is their first choice? 

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 01:34:08 PM »
Fastcars (28 posts)      Sun Oct-04-09 01:20 PM
Response to Reply #14
21. Never Defended Scott's Actions....
 But I guess you are okay with summary execution of mentally ill people that commit violent acts.

Found this post by a sufferer while researching "hyper-religiosity: "within weeks im talking to and seeing spirits all around me, some claim to be god, or buddha or whatever kind of supreme being happens to be the centre of the religion ive been looking at. Then i start trusting and listening to these voices, making random decisions and doing weird things... then the spirits turn nasty, telling me to do bad things, hurt myself or others.. then i get depressed, then i come out of it and go back to not believing in any of it. "

:thatsright:
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 01:37:57 PM »
Bossier City police have identified the apparently unarmed man who was killed during a fight with two of their Patrol Division officers Friday.

Scott Gray, 42, of Bossier City, was the suspect in the beating of a 77-year-old woman the same day at Walgreen's at Shed Road at Airline Drive. He and the officers got into a fight when he was stopped on Old Minden Road, police say.

The two officers have been identified as Sgt. Todd Hylbert, a 16-year member of the Police Department, and officer Kary Szyska, who has been with the department for eight years. Both are on paid administrative leave pending investigations by the Police Department's internal affairs and criminal investigations divisions.
The unidentified woman was released from WK Bossier Health Center on Friday night after being treated there for head and facial injuries.

Bossier City police said they expect to complete their investigations this week, at which time further details will be released.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20091004/NEWS03/910040319/Bossier-City-IDs-officers-and-slain-man-

Read the comments. If he were that crazy he should have been locked up long ago. From what I've read, his friend was a repeat offender.

Don't fight the police.  Don't beat up old women.  It will get you killed.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 01:51:36 PM »
Sounds like those police officers performed a valuable public service.

Sometimes, the use of lethal force is not regrettable.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 01:54:36 PM »
The hate for the police in this area is shocking.   
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 01:57:53 PM »
Bi-polar peeps don't have "psychotic episodes"
We have "manic episodes"
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 02:00:52 PM »
Yep.  Fastcars blew a tire on that excuse.  Will he try for another ? 

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 02:06:52 PM »
He was bi-polar (hyper-religious) and assaulted a 77 year old woman working at a local pharmacy while suffering from what I guess would be called a psychotic episode.

:bs2flag:

Like Ree said. Bi-polar people don't have "psychotic episodes". Sound more like this guy was suffering from some form of psychosis.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
They didn't taze him, bro.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 05:30:01 PM »
That post defines the futility of trying to talk to a DUmmie.

Had the "PD" issued Tasers, and had a taser been employed, and had his "hyper-religous" friend been arrested with no more then a headache and 2 pin holes in him than Mr Fastcars would have been going batshit crazy about how the "PD" treat sick people that just need understanding and care.  

Ding ding ding! We have teh WINNAH!
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 05:34:15 PM »
Crazy or not crazy ... anyone who would beat on a 77 year old needs to be dead.  Good on the cops in this situation.  Kept the family of the 77 year old from having to do it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 07:36:15 PM »
Crazy or not crazy ... anyone who would beat on a 77 year old needs to be dead.  Good on the cops in this situation.  Kept the family of the 77 year old from having to do it.

KC

And kept them from going to jail for it.
nine eleven is a car

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 07:36:46 PM »
Ding ding ding! We have teh WINNAH!

Now all we need is the dash video.
nine eleven is a car

Offline jukin

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 08:13:55 PM »
Sorry but I have little tolerance for mentally disturbed people hurting or killing people. Problem solved before he killed an innocent.  It's the bell curve, better known as the population distribution.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 11:01:21 PM »
I'm sure when they found out this looney toon was the one they were after, they went into battle knowing full well they may have to shoot the prick!

Just think of all the taxpayer money they saved us! I've run into a few of these maniacs that go off their meds. Same thing as a perp on Angel Dust, they seem to have the strength of 5 men! Damn near impossible to control them without superior numbers! 2 on 1 would not have a chance! Chances are he was trying to remove one of their weapons when he caught the bullet. I'll be watching to see the the outcome of their investigation.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 08:16:50 AM »
Fastcars (36 posts)      Mon Oct-05-09 12:12 AM
Original message
I Was Wrong, Lack of Taser Wasn't The Reason Scott Died
 I added this to the end of the thread I started earlier about a friend that was killed by Bossier City Police after he assaulted a 77 yr old lady during some kind of psychotic episode. The comment was made by someone claiming that his wife was a witness and if true makes me want to puke, I couldn't not start a new thread. If it needs deletion, so be it.

Followed by a garbled comment from an 'eyewitness'.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6698980

Fastcars (36 posts)      Mon Oct-05-09 01:02 AM
Response to Reply #1

But I just have a real hard time imagining that any semi intelligent person wouldn't know they were dealing with someone that was mentally unstable after getting a call about an attack on a 77 year old woman in a Walgreens photo dept.
    - Charlton Heston

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 08:52:19 AM »
Fastcars (36 posts)      Mon Oct-05-09 01:02 AM
Response to Reply #1

But I just have a real hard time imagining that any semi intelligent person wouldn't know they were dealing with someone that was mentally unstable after getting a call about an attack on a 77 year old woman in a Walgreens photo dept.

Is this tool trying to claim that every criminal that attacks an elderly person must have mental problems?  No, they don't most criminals like that are just cowards and prey on the weak.