Author Topic: What the percentage of the stimulus compared to the cost of the war?  (Read 868 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
DUmmy asks a simple question, and the first answer is a lie.

Quote from: bbernardini
bbernardini  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Sun Apr-05-09 07:40 AM

Original message
What the percentage of the stimulus compared to the cost of the war?

My math tends to suck when I encounter such large numbers. The zeros always screw me up. :)

and now the lie..

Quote from: Mari333
Mari333  Donating Member  (1000+ posts
Sun Apr-05-09 07:47 AM

Response to Original message
1. well

900 or so billion for the stimulus 2009
2.4 trillion for both occupations
(googled for both)
all in all, we stop the ****ing occupations and we pay off all our debt.

Here is the article this DUmmy referenced but didn't link to

'War on Terror' may cost $2.4 trillion

Quote from: CNN Money
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and anti terrorist efforts abroad could cost the country $2.4 trillion over the next ten years, according to a report Wednesday.

So, the DUmmy compared one year of Porkulus to 10 years of GWoT - and so far noone has called him/her on it. If the Deceptive Mari333 made a fair 10 year to 10 year comparison, s/he would have reported this number.

Quote from: Heritage Foundation
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) asked the Congressional Budget Office to estimate the impact of permanently extending the 20 most popular provisions of the stimulus bill. What did the CBO find? As you can see from the table below, the true 10 year cost of the stimulus bill $2.527 trillion in in spending with another $744 billion cost in debt servicing. Total bill for the Generational Theft Act: $3.27 trillion.

Full Heritage article Here.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: What the percentage of the stimulus compared to the cost of the war?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »
bernardini  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Sun Apr-05-09 07:40 AM

Original message
What the percentage of the stimulus compared to the cost of the war?

My math tends to suck when I encounter such large numbers. The zeros always screw me up.

It's not just you they are screwing up.  It's the whole country.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 11:19:36 PM »
I am amazed how I have met so many people who seem to think that there's not much difference between a million, billion, and a trillion. I want to run screaming through the streets! WTH is wrong with folks? I'll admit to not being a math scholar, but a public high school that doesn't teach this basic info should be shut down, permanently.   :banghead:
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:27:55 AM »
I am amazed how I have met so many people who seem to think that there's not much difference between a million, billion, and a trillion. I want to run screaming through the streets! WTH is wrong with folks? I'll admit to not being a math scholar, but a public high school that doesn't teach this basic info should be shut down, permanently.   :banghead:

Indeed - The only difference in understanding should be between UK & American English, as the definition of billion differs.

Offline terry

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 09:05:51 AM »

If you want to bang your head more, watch this
verizon math

Offline djones520

"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 09:55:31 AM »
My math tends to suck when I encounter such large numbers. The zeros always screw me up.

It's not just you they are screwing up.  It's the whole country.

There is really only one zero screwing up the country, and he occupies the 0val office.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 10:06:19 AM »

There is really only one zero screwing up the country, and he occupies the 0val office.

I was being inclusive and including his significant other.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 10:24:13 AM »
Alright, who's mole is this?

fuggbush21  (46 posts)
Mon Apr-06-09 10:23 AM
Response to Reply #1
8. Just a bit off on those numbers.

Edited on Mon Apr-06-09 10:33 AM by fuggbush21
I'm taking a guess that this is the "google" that you did, but you didn't actually read the full story.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/24/news/economy/cbo_testim...

That 2.4 Trillion is a forecast expenditure for the next 10 years (written in 2007, long before the Surge had taken affect so it's numbers can't really be relied apon anyways), not what has actually been spent. Here's how much it has cost from September 11, 2001 to the end of Fiscal Year 2008.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL33110.pdf

$864 Billion is what has been spent on every war related appropration since Sept. 11, 2001. Still a bit pricier then the Stimulus Bill, but at the same time, it's not a 7 year war.

Shame on you for introducing facts into the DUmp.  Kudos on the name and random spelling errors, though.   :naughty:

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 11:36:57 PM »
O.k., without a doubt in my mind, the guy calling Verizon could easily go burn down the entire Verizon office, and still get off on the charges. Heck, If I was a lawyer, I would take that case in a heartbeat. I wanted to hurt someone just listening to the conversation. If this guy is the supervisor, then how ignorant were the people that he talked to BEFORE the supervisor? I had a headache after the call, can you imagine how the guy calling felt?  :-) :-)
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.