Author Topic: The Messiah has spoken about Palin  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: The Messiah has spoken about Palin
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 08:02:19 PM »
Come on Tex, those tablets of stone don't carve themselves. :(
Unless...

Hehe, I've not seen that before.

Mel Brooks. I do believe "History of the Wold, Part ll"
Part I. A classic. I don't remember exactly how many times I've seen that movie back in the 80s, but it was certainly a whole lot.

I never knew he made a part l. :o

There was ONLY a Part I: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082517/

One of the funniest damn movies ever.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 08:05:06 PM »
Unless...

Part I. A classic. I don't remember exactly how many times I've seen that movie back in the 80s, but it was certainly a whole lot.

that was the one with gregory heinz, all the roman gladiator costumes, and the gigantic joint at the end, I believe.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 08:07:02 PM »
Unless...

they do a promo for part II in part I (hitler on ice :-) ), but I think it was all part of the spoofy nature of the movie. . . .

Offline jukin

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 09:33:56 PM »
This is the biggest whopper I have heard since "I did not inhale"........no wait..er...um...uh... "I did not have sex with that woman."

The Obama has a long way to catch up to the real first black president.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 09:35:30 PM »
Unless...

they do a promo for part II in part I (hitler on ice :-) ), but I think it was all part of the spoofy nature of the movie. . . .

Yes -- it included "Jews In Space" (the tune of which was recycled for "Men in Tights").
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 01:46:53 AM »
The stupid thing is that they tried to make hay out of this at all. Just goes to show you how incredibly twisted the left is. The problem for the left is that Sarah Palin's family could be ANY of ours. Young people make mistakes, some mistakes have more severe consequences than others. This particular situation brings challenges and blessings. A life, whose potential and greatness are as yet unknown will have a chance to be the person God intended him/her to be.

The problem with DUmmies is their lack of understanding of what it means to BE a Christian, fundamentalist or otherwise. It definitely doesn't mean we don't (ALL of us) make mistakes, it's how we allow God to enter our hearts and make it through those problems that defines us. Granted, I would've preferred Eve NOT take the apple (women have been paying for that for quite some time) but the fact is, we have all been in Eve's situation. Plenty of us need a second chance. THAT is where we find the hands of our brothers and sisters reaching for us. That is where we find God's grace. Not one of us is saved because we're perfect, sinless, or subservient...(you have NO idea how I struggle with headship) love saves us. God neve expects us to NOT make mistakes (that kind of perfection would make us Gods) but how we handle mistakes, especially big ones, says more about our character, values and reverence than being "perfect". DUmmies can't understand that.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 02:15:58 AM »
If it was one of their own there would be a flurry of threads on how to get public assistance.  That's what chaps their collective behinds.  That all people make mistakes.  Some live up to those mistakes.  Some try to move the goalposts and claim that they are being persecuted for their mistakes.  Some tend to those in need.  Some do nothing but rant and rave about no one helping those in need.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 05:45:05 AM »
Cindie, another H5.

Also, History of the World, Part I was one of the funniest movies ever.  Mel Brooks was in a sort of "golden age" back then.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.