Author Topic: What to do if you're stuck in a cave--take lots of drugs, of course  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Delmar

Wed Jul 4, 2018, 04:10 PM
Star Member applegrove (82,916 posts)

If they teach the Thai kids to dive to get them out of the caves they should drug

them so they don't panic. Actually they should be on something right now to reduce trauma. It is just heartwrenching. I hope all those fearless navy seals and cavers can find another easier way out.
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210828669

Drug them early and often, that's the ticket.  Lots of replies but mostly, it seems, a back and forth between two primitives over whether or not to give the kids drugs.

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #7)Wed Jul 4, 2018, 04:24 PM
9. They can be really specific with the drugs that will not reduce alertness but suppresses

fear and anxiety. They have access to any drug in the world at this point.
Response to hlthe2b (Reply #29)Wed Jul 4, 2018, 04:46 PM
31. Of course they need training. But they also need meds that calm fear and do not affect

alertness
Response to hlthe2b (Reply #32)Wed Jul 4, 2018, 04:54 PM
36. I'm on meds for ptsd. I know how it feels to be medicated not to fear. I am alert.

I have scuba dived. I would not be less of a diver with the meds I am on now. I can think perfectly clearly. We'll have to disagree.
Response to hlthe2b (Reply #50)Wed Jul 4, 2018, 05:10 PM
52. Fighter pilots are on drugs when in combat.
There's no obstacle in life that can't be overcome when you're on drugs.

From what I've heard, there are a lot of smart people working on keeping these kids alive and ultimately getting them out. 

My only suggestion to the rescuers would be to not seek advice from democrat underground.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Re: What to do if you're stuck in a cave--take lots of drugs, of course
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 09:04:21 PM »
>If they teach the Thai kids to dive to get them out of the caves they should drug them so they don't panic.

Back the Tut up.  In  Monsoon season you explore cow fields and harvest the purple cap mushrooms, not the border caves.

Thank me after your safe trip.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 10:22:19 PM »
Drugs and diving are really a pretty terrible idea, if you have to go deeper than getting your hair wet the increased pressure affects O2/CO2 transfer and blood chemistry, which interacts in wildly unpredictable ways with the drug chemistry.

Stupid DUmmies.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 10:20:44 AM »
Diving and recreational drugs go together like Russian roulette and an M1911A1.     
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 02:51:23 PM »
Diving and recreational drugs go together like Russian roulette and an assault M1911A1.     

FIFY because as everyone knows an ordinary M1911A1 is far less dangerous and evil looking.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 05:55:14 PM »
FIFY because as everyone knows an ordinary M1911A1 is far less dangerous and evil looking.

You mean a "race gun," Rover? :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.