Author Topic: The Left Targets Hannity  (Read 1250 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The Left Targets Hannity
« on: May 24, 2017, 06:59:17 PM »
Star Member Cattledog (2,021 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029110869

Advertisers drop Hannity.

Three advertisers have pulled their ads from Sean Hannity’s show on Fox News, following a week in which Hannity has stubbornly clung to a debunked conspiracy theory.

Through his Fox show and social media platforms, Hannity has pushed theory that Seth Rich, a DNC staffer who was murdered last summer, was the source of the emails released by Wikileaks.

Hannity believes this theory would exonerate Russia and, therefore, Trump from interfering with the presidential campaign.
Hannity relied on the claims of a private investigator and a report published on FoxNews.com. The investigator has since recanted and FoxNews.com retracted their story.

Cars.com announced their decision to pull their ads in response to an inquiry from BuzzFeed News.

A few hours later, the exercise company Peloton announced it was following suit.

Soon after, a reader forwarded ThinkProgress a response he got from Leesa Sleep, an e-commerce mattress company, when he asked if they would reconsider advertising with Hannity. A company rep told their customer they would no longer air their ads during that show.

https://thinkprogress.org/first-advertiser-pulls-ads-from-hannity-584e1e4ce5e9

Quite a few of us said that after the Left got rid of O'Reilly Hannity would be next.

Phoenix61 (1,790 posts)
1. Cool beans

I hope they all pull their adds. What a horrible, aweful piss poor excuse for a human being to use the senseless murder of a young man to try to advance some bullshit conspiracy theory. The only thing that would make this better would be if some nice attorney out their offered to sue the shit out if him on behalf of the young man's family.

Star Member Thinkingabout (29,648 posts)
2. Beginning of the end, no sponsors no Hannity.

Honeycombe8 (20,148 posts)
3. It may just be that his ratings slipped.

A lot of this is just numbers-driven. They pay a certain amount of money to access a certain number of people through their ads. If the # of people drops down, they would either pull their ads to switch to a higher rated show, or they would expect a lower rate for the ads.

Sean Hannity saw a massive spike in his ratings thanks to the Fox News host teasing a major announcement regarding the case of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich and the anchor’s future at the cable news network on Tuesday night.

According to Nielsen data, Hannity averaged 2.45 million total viewers with 565,000 in the key adults 25-54 demographic at 10 p.m. Compared to the comparable night from 2016, that is an increase of 50% in total viewers and a 68% rise in the demo. Overall, Fox News was number one in the demo for the total day, as well as in total viewers in both primetime and total day. However, MSNBC was number one in the demo in primetime with 547,000 viewers to Fox’s second place 541,000.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

Re: The Left Targets Hannity
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 07:10:45 PM »
A few hours later, the exercise company Peloton announced it was following suit.

Pretty sure that company targets liberals anyway. Who else would be stupid enough to pay a monthly fee to ride a stationary bike in their own home?

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 07:56:03 PM »
Oh no!  They're going to bring down Hannity just like they did Rush.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »
Oh no!  They're going to bring down Hannity just like they did Rush.

Let's just say I am skeptical until the Palmer Report confirms this.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 09:46:36 PM »
Let's just say I am skeptical until the Palmer Report confirms this.
:rotf:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 01:04:15 AM »
Companies including Cars.com, Peloton, and Leesa Sleep have all given in to pressure to cease advertising on the show over Hannity’s pursuit of now retracted claims made by Fox News that murdered DNC employee Seth Rich had contact with Wikileaks before his death.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/05/24/advertisers-bow-to-activist-left-begin-pulling-ads-from-hannity/

In a series of tweets on Wednesday, Hannity accused figures including George Soros, David Brock of Media Matters, and failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton of “liberal fascism,” after his advertisers were reportedly “inundated with emails” from left-wing groups asking them to stop advertising on the show.

Hannity is now the second Fox News to be targeted by advertisers this year, after over 90 companies dropped advertising on Bill O’Reilly’s show The O’Reilly Factor over allegations of sexual harassment. O’Reilly was eventually released by the network, despite being America’s highest-rated cable news host.

::)

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 07:25:04 AM »
Libs & Progs don't learn from experience very well. Some years ago they got some of Rush's advertisers to bail on his show. New advertisers took their place, and one high-profile advertiser, Carbonite, who bailed in 2012 saw consequences (rather that Rush). I found Carbonite on a 2014 Kosling list of Rush advertisers to boycott, so Carbonite evidently felt the heat and saw the Limbaugh Light. Since that Limbaugh Light came from Rush's listeners, I'm sure Sean's viewers and listeners will send a Sean Light to companies who bail on his shows.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 07:29:56 AM »
I was actually considering buying one of the Leesa hybrid mattresses.  Not cheap at $1775 for a king-size.

I'll be buying my new mattress somewhere else.  Wonder if Leesa can stay in business with only the rabid left buying from them.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 06:43:24 PM »
Fox News’ Sean Hannity is bleeding advertisers after being targeted by Media Matters.

The left-wing nonprofit published a list of Hannity’s advertisers on Wednesday, kickstarting a public campaign to pressure the advertisers into dropping his show.

Soon after the list went public, reporters began contacting advertisers to ask whether they would continue supporting Hannity after he pushed a conspiracy theory surrounding murdered Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich. On Twitter, advertisers were flooded with angry threats of boycotts if they didn’t pull their ads from “Hannity.”

Media Matters’ argument for kickstarting the shaming campaign, though, focused more on Hannity’s role as a “propagandist” on behalf of President Trump than on his conspiracy theories.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/25/media-matters-puts-target-on-hannity-advertisers/

The post then gives a “list of companies that have advertised during Hannity’s Fox News show since May 1.”

The first advertiser to pull out from Hannity’s show was Cars.com, which did so in response to an inquiry from BuzzFeed, which claims to have contacted more than 50 of Hannity’s advertisers.

“The fact that we advertise on a particular program doesn’t mean that we agree or disagree, or support or oppose, the content,” a statement from the company read in part. “We don’t have the ability to influence content at the time we make our advertising purchase. In this case, we’ve been watching closely and have recently made the decision to pull our advertising from Hannity.”

Exercise company Peloton was the next to go. The company tweeted, and then later deleted, a tweet saying they are taking steps to “stop advertising on Sean Hannity’s show.” According to Business Insider, the statement was issued “in response to Twitter users who slammed Peloton for advertising on Hannity’s show.”

Hannity wrote on Twitter Wednesday afternoon that he had spoken with “many advertisers” who said they “are being inundated with Emails to stop advertising on my show.”

At least five companies have now said they will stop advertising on Hannity’s show after USAA announced they are pulling out Wednesday night. Media Matters, Think Progress and BuzzFeed, among others, are keeping a running tally of advertisers that have left Hannity’s show.

Media Matters kept the pressure up on Wednesday, publishing six articles that attacked Hannity throughout the day. A statement from the company published Thursday night claimed that “companies started pulling their ads from Hannity because they know his volatility is bad for business.”

The campaign to take down Hannity follows a similar, successful campaign against former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly. (RELATED: O’Reilly On Fox News Firing: ‘This Was A Hit’)

Media Matters and other left-wing activist groups led the charge to defund O’Reilly over a series of sexual harassment allegations against the longtime host. Fox News fired O’Reilly after dozens of advertisers abandoned the show.

O’Reilly later described the campaign against him as a “hit” that “has to do with destroying voices that the far left and the organized left wing cabal doesn’t like.”

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »
I was actually considering buying one of the Leesa hybrid mattresses.  Not cheap at $1775 for a king-size.

I'll be buying my new mattress somewhere else.  Wonder if Leesa can stay in business with only the rabid left buying from them.

I was too. It's time to replace our Stearns & Foster. At first I thought of telling that but now I have to look into the details of their return policy. I know you get 100 days but who pays the return shipping. If it is SLeesa I'm going for it. Then of course sending it back.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 09:20:28 PM »
As Conservatives we usually ignore the tantrums of the left but I'm thinking WE should copy the left and create our own boycott list.

O'Reilly and Hannity were not my most watched shows but the left is pissing me off. They are slowly gaining momentum at shutting down conservative voices.

The Communist Negative News network probably doesn't get much conservative viewers and ABC's ESPN is going down the tubes so there is NBC, Nothing But Communists network to aim at boycotting.

Maybe I will be the only one but I'm pissed !

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 03:46:43 AM »
My understanding is that MediaLiars got ahead of themselves.  At least according to our local afternoon drive guy, ABC,NBC, et al have had to pull back on their list of sponsors who have allegedly dropped Hannity, back to just cars.com and no others.

Admittedly, I haven't really dug into this to see for sure, but it would hardly be surprising if MediaLiars managed to put out some fake news about sponsors fleeing someone.  How many times have they told us that everyone and their brother was fleeing Rush and that Rush was doomed?  I've lost count.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 10:00:07 AM »
We have been watching Last Man Standing for entertainment.

Last Man Standing is a conservative leaning show and # 2 in the networks ratings, but apparently ABC was pressured to not renew the show.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne