Author Topic: The lunacy has begun: 'MARCH ON THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION'  (Read 425 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The lunacy has begun: 'MARCH ON THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION'
« on: April 23, 2016, 07:49:48 PM »
Star Member COLGATE4 (9,278 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/12511818141

The lunacy has begun: 'MARCH ON THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION'

The following was just posted in DU. For your reading pleasure - and amusement: (I personally love the part about WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS>

...Bernie hasn't lost yet; however, Hillary and her supporters are already gloating over the crushing of Bernie's Political Revolution. That can't be allowed to happen! There are plans for a massive march on the Democratic Convention in support of Bernie Sanders and his agenda. There's a Facebook page for the March and two event pages:

March on the Democratic National Convention
Bernie Supporters March on Philadelphia - Democratic National Convention

The first already has 2.2K people who've signed up as 'going' and 6.8K who've indicated that they're 'interested.' (I

Come out to Philadelphia and join us as we march on the Democratic National Convention this July! This march is in protest to the highly biased and unfair treatment, demonstrated by the DNC, towards presidential candidate, Bernie Sanders. It has been blatantly clear that the DNC has tried to tip the scales during this election, and has NOT represented the will of the citizens. We have to make our voices heard. WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS! This march is also designed to put pressure on the superdelegates to cast their vote in accordance with their constituents. We must unite together, because that is what this campaign is about, not dividing us apart.

:fuelfire:

JaneyVee (17,571 posts)
1. All along, it was Bernie who wanted a coronation.

Star Member seabeyond (106,628 posts)
13. I KNOW.... that is what is too funny about that. **** that voter and this voter, Sanders should

win because. I have had my giggle over that one.

Star Member still_one (42,305 posts)
83. So they believe that the person who garners the most votes shouldn't win. Is that the kind of

revolution they are talking about?

That will go over real well

Codeine (17,138 posts)
2. Not interested enough to vote

but still interested enough to storm the gates? Methinks this will sputter out quietly.

Star Member COLGATE4 (9,278 posts)
15. All 400 who actually show up will certainly

make the convention see it their way. CHICAGO 2016. I can see it now.

Ned_Devine (2,333 posts)
7. I think it's great to see liberals stand for liberal principles

Nothing wrong with that. Many democratic and independent voters who may have sat this election cycle out or voted green, feel invigorated enough by the Sanders campaign's message that they're willing to march in support of it. I've been a democratic voter all my life and I don't want a republican lite candidate who will go forward with the same trade and energy policies that are more beneficial to corporate interests than they are for the rest of us.

Calling this "lunacy" makes me wonder what the credentials are to be a member here on DU. I thought we were the liberals who stood for progressive principles. Ted Cruz is a lunatic. Continuing policies that are bad for the environment and hurtful to the working poor is lunacy. Sticking up for progressive principles? Seems right on to me.

NCTraveler (15,428 posts)
129. They will be standing outside with their partners in crime who....

Will be protesting the Democratic Convention as well, republicans. Then again, it will simply be Paul supporters going back to the group they feel most comfortable with.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: The lunacy has begun: 'MARCH ON THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION'
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 08:53:33 PM »
Colonel Sanders: "Free chicken for everyone! The rich will pay for!!!"
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 09:28:13 PM »
From the thread, this reminded me of, from years past, "it's getting cold out and finals are coming soon..."

Sat Apr 23, 2016, 04:12 PM

CorporatistNation (2,010 posts)

42. Hey... Philly Is NICE In JULY! WTF! Lets Go Hold These Dirtballs In Charge To Account!

Lets see what we can accomplish with People Power...
Sat Apr 23, 2016, 04:36 PM

JoePhilly (25,125 posts)

54. You ever been in Philly in July?

:lmao:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 09:57:30 PM »
Summer of the Berniepoopers.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 10:02:59 PM »
Prog Trump-Haters were drooling at the prospect of turning the R Convention into Chicago 1968 2.0.

Now the BernieBots are making similar threats against the Ds.

:popcorn: time!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 06:49:02 AM »
Recreate 68!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 10:34:50 AM »
By all means--the Progs should do this in Philadelphia! :yahoo: :fuelfire: :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 05:56:09 PM »
DUmmies and Bernie-bots forget that Democrats are masters of setting up "Free Speech Zones", located some distance away from the event that is being protested.

The DNC convention is in Philly, so the zones will be in Pittsburgh.  :rofl: