Author Topic: Crazy Bob shoots himself in the foot over guns.  (Read 3221 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Crazy Bob shoots himself in the foot over guns.
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2016, 04:09:47 AM »
So I understand, you are getting her a 38 snub and yourself a G42?

If I might say one thing about my better half's 637 with the the crimson trace. I don't know how the factory  LS works but I don't think much of the crimson trace. The sight itself works fine, is well made, adjustable and so forth. But the laser dot jumps all over because you are looking at the dot and not through the sight. So this might go away with a lot of practice. Also finding the little switch to turn it on in a high pressure situation may be a  problem. So I'm personally not a fan but I haven't spent much time training with one.

I have a G26 and I handload for it. It takes a fairly strong load to ensure that the gun functions properly. Accurate it is but it shivers your timbers as the old salts would say, no where near as easy to shoot as my G17 with a bunny fart load.

The "LS" stands for LadySmith.  It's got a smaller grip.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2016, 10:00:46 PM »
I have wandered about the Lady Smith. It seems like the grips on the regular j-frame are small as it is.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2016, 11:34:55 PM »
I have wandered about the Lady Smith. It seems like the grips on the regular j-frame are small as it is.

My sister has a Ladysmith in 357.  It's a handful with that load.