Author Topic: the MastersNumbSkull discusses desk-sitting governmental bureaucrats  (Read 951 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026270972

Oh my.

TheMastersNemesis (4,456 posts)   Tue Feb 24, 2015, 06:38 AM

Shut Down Over Blown. It Probably Helped GOP In 2014. Voters Don't Like Govt. Employees Anyway.

Voters hate government employees and think they are overpaid. I still hear GOPPERS complain about useless lazy employees who should be contracted out. And they are emboldened because they actually WON many more seats because the last shutdown did not seem to hurt them anyway.

Besides the media and RW hate radio will blame Obama and the Dems and the public will believe them. By 2016 the voters will probably give the GOP even more seats. GOPPERS even hate the fire departments and politics departments except of PR time.

Besides there is nothing wrong if a government employee misses a few pay checks. They make too much anyway.

VanillaRhapsody (16,381 posts)   Tue Feb 24, 2015, 06:45 AM

1. Uh what?

Besides there is nothing wrong if a government employee misses a few pay checks. They make too much anyway.

Don't know many government employees do ya? I think you have a very limited list of who and what they all do....

TheMastersNemesis (4,456 posts)   Tue Feb 24, 2015, 07:01 AM

3. I Worked For DOL For 24 Years.* I Hear The GOP Bullshit All The Time.

The point of my post is that public employees are still being bashed 24/7 and a lot of the public buys into the garbage the GOP puts out.

*the MastersNumbSkull's autobiography; Twenty-Four Years a File Clerk.

bigtree (55,005 posts)   Tue Feb 24, 2015, 06:57 AM

2. you do realize this isn't a tactic orchestrated by Democrats?

...this is a deliberate strategy by republicans to block Obama's executive action on immigration. They are in control of the outcome. Democrats shouldn't allow themselves to be held hostage to legislative blackmail like this. Where would it end?

Bottom line, republicans are in control of the majority in both houses. Either they govern responsibly, or they assume the blame when their actions bring it to a halt. I don't believe Americans share your view of government, anyway, not when it comes to interruptions in necessary services required by them. I also think your view of government employees is wrong. Most don't make 'too much,' and their jobs have been declining over this president's term. They are citizens, just like you and I, trying to make a living and make ends meet; not political pawns who should expendable to some political gamesmanship.

TheMastersNemesis (4,456 posts)   Tue Feb 24, 2015, 07:07 AM

4. I Fully Realize That It Is A GOP Tactic. Look At Nov. 2014. The GOP Still Made Big Gains.

The last shutdown did not seem to hurt the GOP at all. In Colorado we lost the Senate and just held on in the house. And we barely won back the governorship. As a former state employee a lot of Coloradans hate public employees whether they be teachers, firemen, policemen,, state or county employees. The GOP meme goes deep.

For example it will take you 5 hours to renew your drivers license in Colorado now. I spent 5 hours waiting recently. The GOP keeps saying we cannot afford to staff these offices. And we have a tax limitation amendment that stops taxes from being raised.

Just watch the media and RW blame the Dems or say both sides do it. The public is terribly stupid these days.

bigtree (55,005 posts)   Tue Feb 24, 2015, 07:29 AM

5. that election wasn't about a government shutdown

...it was dominated by disgruntled conservative voters. Off-term elections are almost always dominated by voters casting ballots against something or the other; less attended by voters satisfied with elected officials. This President has seen an unprecedented amount of disaffection from conservative voters over his term who won't accept his presidency. That's what drove the outcome of the election, not antipathy toward government. I think linking that outcome, or any other election outcome, to this orchestrated shutdown is misleading and false.

FSogol (22,994 posts)   Tue Feb 24, 2015, 07:50 AM

9. Unrec.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

Re: the MastersNumbSkull discusses desk-sitting governmental bureaucrats
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 12:07:36 PM »
Besides the media and RW hate radio will blame Obama and the Dems and the public will believe them.

GOPPERS even hate the fire departments and politics departments except of PR time.

The Masternumbskull ignores the fact that most low info democrat voters get their news from the Lapdog Media and they will wrongly blame the mess on conservatives. 

The simple fact is that demonrats are putting Obama's illegal amnesty plan above national security.

It's conservatives that are shooting cops and firemen when they answer calls in democrat ghettos, it's Obamasons.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 12:26:47 PM »
To make civil service as appealing as many free market jobs, many governmental organizations offered a very generous retirement package.
Now that many who were promised that retirement are actually retiring, almost all cities, municipalities and states are finding those retirements are bankrupting their respective budgets.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:20:01 PM »
I Worked For DOL For 24 Years

DOL? Whazzat? Department of Lollygaggers.

<Actually, I know it's the Dept. of Labor, doom to the construction industry.>

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 02:21:47 PM »
DOL? Whazzat? Department of Lollygaggers.

<Actually, I know it's the Dept. of Labor, doom to the construction industry.>

The one legged primitive is a master of lollygaggotry.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 02:50:50 PM »
And again, DU proves that it doesn't know how things work.

DHS could be funded tomorrow, minus 0's unconstitutional and judicially blocked power grab, if the Senate Dems would allow debate on the funding bill to move forward. McConnell needs to schedule a roll call vote every 30 minutes on taking up the House bill until 6 of the Dems break and cross the aisle. Even if all the Dems leave the chamber, they look bad for missing votes.
And I believe there is a method to compel attendance for absent Senators, so it's not like they can leave town and dodge out. It's a federal law they'd be dodging, they'd have to leave the country.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 06:35:23 PM »
The one legged primitive is a master of lollygaggotry.

Are you channeling coach franksolich ?
You sound more like him very day !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 06:45:56 PM »

Both natives of Nebraska, although he lives in Kansas now.

But not very far into that southern state.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 07:47:29 PM »
Both natives of Nebraska, although he lives in Kansas now.

But not very far into that southern state.

That's right. It's a Nebraska thing!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 09:09:44 PM »

A little frightenegging...
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 10:52:13 PM »
The public is terribly stupid these days.

He's quoting Gruber?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 11:18:30 PM »
Dummies are mad that most of the country's citizens recognize the laziness associated with most bureaucrats.