Author Topic: William Hay's "Experimenting on a Small Planet"  (Read 68181 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: William Hay's "Experimenting on a Small Planet"
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2015, 12:49:06 AM »
He is busy researching talking points.  To those of us who KNOW science it will be like a first grader reciting Chaucer phonetically.

If he comes back be prepared for huge amusement.
That sounds like the Buzz Click we all remember from CU. :clap:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2015, 04:03:57 PM »
What a crew. "Let's dwell on tangential topics so that we can avoid talking about the science, because, when it comes to the science, we have nothing to contribute."

Just think, if you'd only answered my question, we could be having a non political discussion in a non political sub-forum.  You have no one but yourself to blame, DUmmie.

So, you people...

Ponder for a moment, if you will, how much shit you didn't catch for using that particular turn of phrase.  I can count at least 3 of your beloved victim groups that would be howling for your head over that one, white boy.

...are fully able to scour the archives of DU to find every comment I've ever made, but incapable of performing the simplest Google search to determine...

You may be one of the smartest retards at the DUmp, and thus your word is enough to the rest of the mouth breathers, but that doesn't work here.  Your reaction also pretty much tracks with the rest of $kinner's "intellectual giants" when asked to source their opinion:  Tantrum followed by a stomping exit.

whether or not the scientists of the East Anglia Climate Research Unit have ever been exonerated for  "Climategate"? What bullshit. I am not at all surprised by anything but the depth of immaturity displayed by all of you.

So, here you go -- before you hold your collective breaths and turn blue in the face:

Only two, buzzy?  I thought you claimed 8 investigations where the foxes found no wrongdoing in the henhouse burglaries?

I would like to show you something that the Seattle Times article you quoted missed when they skimmed over the Executive Summaries and failed to dig further into the Parliament's report:  EAU's CRU was not exonerated of anything.  To the contrary, they were found to have hidden data (by legal meas or otherwise), thwarted FOI requests, and sought to discredit those that they did not believe were going to advance their agenda in what the Parliamentary Committee called a "limited inquiry". 

You can read the report here and review the oral and written evidence here.

Less than ten minutes, children.

God, I would hope so.  It only took me about 30 seconds to find what I just gave you.  Just think of the frustration you could have saved yourself had you only sourced your words the first time.

I won't be back on this thread to read your comments...

Heh... 

Yeah, you will, buzzy.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2015, 04:12:25 PM »
Heh... 

Yeah, you will, buzzy.

Very well done Wasp double H-5.

And, he will be back.  If nothing else to throw a purple faced screaming tantrum AKA Jugs.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2015, 04:22:46 PM »
Very well done Wasp double H-5.

And, he will be back.  If nothing else to throw a purple faced screaming tantrum AKA Jugs.

So long as my questions about science are out there, he won't be back.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2015, 08:13:55 PM »
I will repeat what I said in the DUmpster.

Buzzy,you are so far in over your head and out of your league it is pathetic.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2015, 08:18:05 PM »
Btw Buzzy,the 8 independent investigations canard is as easily debunked as the 97% consensus meme.
At least 2 of them were done by Penn State investigating Mann,who was on their payroll.
Yes,the same Penn State of the same era as Sandusky look the other way review.

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2015, 10:57:32 PM »
Carl, reading your drivel leaves me of two minds. On the one hand, your hateful igorance frustrated me because you are so confident in the knowledge you simply don't possess. On the other hand (and this one won the day), your sad situation reminded me of three quotes. I'll share them with you:

"The problem with educating stupid people was that they didn’t know they were stupid."
--- Chuck Palahniuk

“Stupid people will mistake your confidence for arrogance.”
---Habeeb Akande

"Most people who spew hatred aren’t very intelligent or motivated. They tend to be lazy, and if for some reason they are coaxed into picking up a pen, their messages are mostly incoherent and largely illiterate."
---Damien Echols

I have no doubt their meaning will be lost on you and your fellow travelers, but perhaps you can find someone who can put them on your level.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2015, 11:14:34 PM »
Carl, reading your drivel leaves me of two minds. On the one hand, your hateful igorance frustrated me because you are so confident in the knowledge you simply don't possess. On the other hand (and this one won the day), your sad situation reminded me of three quotes. I'll share them with you:

"The problem with educating stupid people was that they didn’t know they were stupid."
--- Chuck Palahniuk

---Habeeb Akande

"Most people who spew hatred aren’t very intelligent or motivated. They tend to be lazy, and if for some reason they are coaxed into picking up a pen, their messages are mostly incoherent and largely illiterate."
---Damien Echols

I have no doubt their meaning will be lost on you and your fellow travelers, but perhaps you can find someone who can put them on your level.

Poor Buzzy.  Reduced to flinging his poop.  Sad...sad Buzzer.

You owe me a dollar Freedumb.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:33:03 PM by Bad Dog »

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2015, 01:18:44 AM »

I've never heard of those people.
The quotes sound to me like something community instigators would say.
You know, like your messiah.
I never heard of Alinsky until Beck turned me on to him.
But, evidently...your hero Hitlery has worshipped him all her life.
So you libs are more than one up on me knowing about famous community agitators.

But here's a quote for someone who has real achievements that have advanced the cause of mankind...

"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them"...-Albert Einstein-

P.S. Here's a hint, this quote applies directly to you.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2015, 01:23:13 AM »

--- Chuck Palahniuk

---Habeeb Akande

---Damien Echols

So you can't answer my simple science questions and just use ad hominem to address the entire issue.

Yep, you a lib.

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2015, 01:25:15 AM »
Hey, I want props for predicting bzc would use, once again, Appeal to Authority (said authorities known to 12 people each)!

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2015, 01:27:18 AM »
Hey, I want props for predicting bzc would use, once again, Appeal to Authority (said authorities known to 12 people each)!

After I get my dollar.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2015, 01:30:47 AM »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2015, 06:32:57 AM »
I believe you just witnessed what Rush refers to as "shining the light of truth" on what is the equivalent of a cockroach and cultist. :rotf:

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2015, 11:04:12 AM »
Carl, reading your drivel leaves me of two minds.

Told you that you'd be back, didn't I, liar?

On the one hand, blah blah blah...

There's that punk ass DUmmie that I remember from CU, I knew you wouldn't disappoint anyone.  Can't baffle 'em with bullshit?  Time to pull out the bluster.

You're not different than any other DUmbass that slithers in the door, buzzy.  Every last one of you do the exact same thing, in the exact same manner, in almost the exact same time frame.

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2015, 11:21:29 AM »
I believe you just witnessed what Rush refers to as "shining the light of truth" on what is the equivalent of a cockroach and cultist. :rotf:

Nah, we just witnessed the atypical DUmmie arc that every one of these mouth breathers take when they stray from their echo chamber.  When they find out their opinion, and their approved sources, don't quite cut it with this crowd, they tell us how stupid we are and then ratchet up the whining about how they're being picked on.  These special little snowflakes can't withstand being called names (which they do to others with frequent glee), not having their opinion taken as fact (even though they demand "proof" for everything we say), or questioning their "sources" (despite their complete rejection of anything to the right of Mother Jones).

The next phase in buzzy's tenure here at CC will be trolling until he's finally thrown back into his cesspool. 

Happens every time...

There is much more if one wants to look for it.

The report from the House of Commons is what several of these "investigations" based their "exoneration" upon when the truth is that more than a cursory glance past the summarized "conclusions" will show (at least to an intellectually honest person) that the CRU was anything but cleared.

Not that I expected the obtuse **** to click the links I provided...   :whatever:

C.S. Lewis

Offline dixierose

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »
I hope this doesn't get lost in this huge thread (which, I admit, I did not read completely)...

Buzzy, if you're interested in science books....I'm currently reading "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene.

Here is the synopsis from Amazon:

From Brian Greene, one of the world’s leading physicists and author the Pulitzer Prize finalist The Elegant Universe, comes a grand tour of the universe that makes us look at reality in a completely different way.

Space and time form the very fabric of the cosmos. Yet they remain among the most mysterious of concepts. Is space an entity? Why does time have a direction? Could the universe exist without space and time? Can we travel to the past? Greene has set himself a daunting task: to explain non-intuitive, mathematical concepts like String Theory, the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, and Inflationary Cosmology with analogies drawn from common experience. From Newton’s unchanging realm in which space and time are absolute, to Einstein’s fluid conception of spacetime, to quantum mechanics’ entangled arena where vastly distant objects can instantaneously coordinate their behavior, Greene takes us all, regardless of our scientific backgrounds, on an irresistible and revelatory journey to the new layers of reality that modern physics has discovered lying just beneath the surface of our everyday world.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Fabric-Cosmos-Texture-Reality/dp/0375727205

I'm going to be honest when I say that I don't understand a few things in this book; but I find it fascinating. I've just started the chapters on string theory. The book is not formula/math heavy at all...he gives some great analogies and examples, though.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2015, 10:11:49 PM »
I hope this doesn't get lost in this huge thread (which, I admit, I did not read completely)...

Buzzy, if you're interested in science books....I'm currently reading "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene.

I'm going to be honest when I say that I don't understand a few things in this book; but I find it fascinating. I've just started the chapters on string theory. The book is not formula/math heavy at all...he gives some great analogies and examples, though.

I had to read "Theories of Chaos" 3 times and even then only about 25% of it stuck (and about 2% of the math).

Offline dixierose

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2015, 10:19:41 PM »
I had to read "Theories of Chaos" 3 times and even then only about 25% of it stuck (and about 2% of the math).

That doesn't sound like an easy read at all.

My son bought Fabric of the Cosmos at Goodwill and read it while he was working out of town. I decided to give it a try because I LOVE the universe/space shows on the Science Channel (Through the Worm Hole with Morgan Freeman is just one of them). I am a Christian, and the order and delicate balance of the Universe just screams a Creator to me. It truly fascinates me.

Another book about the Universe and the way it works is The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel. It is a MUCH easier read than the Brian Greene book.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Case-For-Creator-Investigates/dp/0310242096

When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2015, 12:23:26 AM »
I would like to show you something that the Seattle Times article you quoted missed when they skimmed over the Executive Summaries and failed to dig further into the Parliament's report:  EAU's CRU was not exonerated of anything.  To the contrary, they were found to have hidden data (by legal meas or otherwise), thwarted FOI requests, and sought to discredit those that they did not believe were going to advance their agenda in what the Parliamentary Committee called a "limited inquiry". 

You can read the report here and review the oral and written evidence here.

God, I would hope so.  It only took me about 30 seconds to find what I just gave you.  Just think of the frustration you could have saved yourself had you only sourced your words the first time.

Heh... 

Yeah, you will, buzzy.

Just for you, dimbulb: http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026483009

Everything you claimed was wrong. As usual. Everything. If you had any level of intellect, self-awareness, and even a shred of honesty, you'd admit it. You won't, because "if not a and not b and not c, then d"

Next time take more than 30 seconds, and maybe you won't look like such a chump. Maybe not.

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2015, 12:26:02 AM »

Thanks for the recommendation. It's available in electronic form, so I'll get a copy on my iPad.

I'm extraordinarily busy, but I will get back to you when I have read it. On a different thread, no doubt.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2015, 07:12:03 AM »
Oh look,buzzy runs away for a few days and then pops in late at night to spew his idiocy.
Really buzz,a DUmp thread where none of us will be allowed to respond?  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are not just a pathological liar and deluded cultist,you are a gutless,simpering coward. 

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2015, 08:54:20 AM »
This will be my only set of comments on this, Dog. You're entitled to your opinion, and that opinion won't change no matter how long we debate. So, this one time:
Psychology and sociology are soft sciences (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_and_soft_science) but sciences nonetheless. Climate science (which is a very limited field and a small subset of the multiple disciplines contributing to the study of climate change) is a hard science: it has testable theories based on chemistry, physics, etc.
This assertion of yours is quite wrong on many fronts. Climate is not what happens to the weather 30 days from now; it is the trends in weather-related observations over long periods of thirty years or more. Climate predictions become more precise (less noise) with longer periods of prediction. Their accuracy is actually quite good over relatively short periods but falters with longer periods (i.e., approaching 1000 years).
Computer assisted models have a real role in every aspect of science: chemistry, astrophysics, biology, etc., and some of these models have essentially zero error. Your slam on computer models is totally wrong, but let's bring it back to climate change computer models. The role of the models is multi-fold; predicting changes in climate across the globe is only one of those outcomes.

About ten years ago, I had an hour-long talk with a post doctoral associate in front of his highly technical poster on climate change. He and his advisor, a colleague of mine, were skeptics about climate change (particularly the origins of climate change). However, they recognized the undeniable fact that the climate was changing. The poster was discussing vulnerable regions in the US. They predicted that the West Coast was going to fry along with some parts of the Southwest. The Midwest would remain largely unchanged, and the East Coast would experience colder, wetter winters. All based on computer models. Sound familiar?

If climatology is a hard science, please describe the Laws that have been developed to predict results.

Chemistry has Boyle's Law, the Ideal Gas Law, etc. Physics has Newton's Laws of motion.

What Laws have been developed for climatology? What is the climatologist's equivalent of PV=nRT?

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2015, 09:18:42 AM »
    About ten years ago, I had an hour-long talk with a post doctoral associate in front of his highly technical poster on climate change. He and his advisor, a colleague of mine, were skeptics about climate change (particularly the origins of climate change). However, they recognized the undeniable fact that the climate was changing. The poster was discussing vulnerable regions in the US. They predicted that the West Coast was going to fry along with some parts of the Southwest. The Midwest would remain largely unchanged, and the East Coast would experience colder, wetter winters. All based on computer models. Sound familiar?

Ben Franklin predicted the climate changes of the American Colonies 250 years ago. Indians predicted climate changes across the North American continent for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Neither required computer models or data manipulation.

Weather changes. Climate changes. That is nature. Adapt or die.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.