Author Topic: CNN exposes depth of Trump associates buying rally attendance and votes for cash  (Read 637 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member catbyte (16,766 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212994437

CNN exposes depth of Trump associates buying rally attendance and votes for cash
February 16, 2020

By Tom Boggioni

On Sunday morning, CNN took a deep dive into reports that groups allied with President Donald Trump are funneling cash to potential voters in the hopes that they will turn out in November in what is expected to be a close presidential election.

The report centers on Darrell Scott, a pastor from Cleveland who is a prominent ally of the president and has been running a possibly illegal program designed to win over black voters for the president that literally involves handing them envelopes stuffed with cash at mini-rallies.

“At the center of the controversy is a new charity called the Urban Revitalization Coalition led by Ohio Pastor Darrell Scott,” the report states which has, “Raised red flags saying the cash events may violate tax laws that bar nonprofits from engaging in political campaign activities and could jeopardize the group’s tax-exempt status. In an interview, Scott said he’s careful to follow the law., but groups like the NAACP accuse him of trying to buy support for President Trump.”

CNN shared clips from the rallies where the envelopes were handed out and, in one, a rally organizer can be seen exhorting attendees to attend the next rally by saying, “Come back in February when we give you $50,000.”

:whatever:

Star Member spanone (118,173 posts)

2. Lock these MoFo's Up!!!

bluestarone (8,124 posts)

3. holly ****!!!!!!!

The most evil bunch of mother****ers EVER!!! We may need a civil war!!!!

:thatsright:

SAMi American Girl (7 posts)

5. This is disturbing and I believe condescending to all African Americans

A church giving away cash to elect anyone is violating separation of church and state, to say the least! Our impeached president's apparent belief that he is above the law is on the heads of the Republican Senators, but that's not enough. No worries, ignorant people that are desperately poor falling for this bribery are not a prelude to winning the African American vote. They are wise to Master's tactics! But Trump's political strategy to bribe, lie, bully, and spread propaganda needs to be shouted from the roof tops! Our recent social acceptability of keeping our political views to ourselves is wrong. You know the Trump base is not hearing this because it is not on Fox, so we must speak out! I will, will you?

:???:

bucolic_frolic (15,223 posts)

8. Yes, this was my suspicion when he went to all those obscure small towns in places where the people are so dumb they can't spell and haven't known enough to move elsewhere for generations. It's big news when a billionaire comes to town.

:whatever:

dustyscamp (909 posts)

15. Republicans and disenfranchised people have smeared Cnn's Rep so much that many people will not trst

Them. The other Liberal leaning stations have also been smeared, but not as much as cnn

:rotf:

Evolve Dammit (1,581 posts)

18. It is a cult and they are brainwashed. And historically, it works. They are sharks and never sleep.

We need to rise to the occasion.

Star Member Generic Other (25,989 posts)

31. Did anyone notice the flags on the stage?

Was one a Confederate flag. 3:02.

No it wasn't. It's a State Flag, you idiot.

stillcool (25,954 posts)

33. I read about this a while back...nothing wrong...according to the article. Money was donated to a non-profit, and people 'won' it at some kind of an event. Like a raffle ticket, I assume. Don't really get how the cash turns into a vote. There must be more to it.

:rotf:

Star Member Laura PourMeADrink (31,344 posts)

40. Impeach ! Every single work day. Short and sweet. Write

Articles at dinner, impeach the next day. Get it down to a science. Get it all in the history books.

He's got 9 million crimes, and we only hit two.

:yawn:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Star Member Laura PourMeADrink (31,344 posts)

40. Impeach ! Every single work day. Short and sweet. Write

Articles at dinner, impeach the next day. Get it down to a science. Get it all in the history books.

He's got 9 million crimes, and we only hit two.

And just what would those crimes be? And, please, be specific. List the law that President Trump has violated and give the actual law. Remember, "Orange Man Bad" doesn't count.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DUmpDiver

For $50k I'd even vote for Hillary. :lol:

Offline 67 Rover

For $50k I'd even vote for Hillary. :lol:

For $50K I would SAY that I voted for Hillary.  :naughty:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
How many threads are over there talking about Andrew Yang giving away cash?  LOL

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

Republicans and disenfranchised people have smeared Cnn's Rep so much that many people will not trst

Them.
Nope. CNN did that to themselves.

Offline SVPete

Nope. CNN did that to themselves.

Yep, CNN, like the other alphabet-soupers, is self-smearing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.