Author Topic: I don't want a pony (actually sounds like they want a unicorn)  (Read 624 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Bjorn Against  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Apr-01-09 12:32 AM
Original message

I don't want a ****ing pony.   

I asked for an end to the killing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Then please ask the Taliban and the Iranians to please stop killing people.

I asked for a restoration of our Constitution and accountability brought to all the criminals who violated our rights.

I want the Constitution to be restored, too - to its state exactly before Congress decided it could tax certain people 90% ex post facto.
And it sounds like you've already convicted certain people, so I think maybe you should read some of those silly tack-on items to the Constitution before you wrap yourself in it, ****stick.

I asked for equal rights for all Americans. I asked for an economic system that does not reward bankers and Wall Street executives with billions of dollars in bailout money while those same bankers continue to foreclose the homes of the ordinary Americans who will paying the bill for that corporate bailout.

Did you ask before 1964? Because a Civil Rights Act was passed in that year. Look it up.

If your home is being foreclosed on, you're not footing shit, so shut up and find an apartment, you no-local-tax-roll-supporting waste of plumbing.

There is one thing that I did not ask for however, I did not ask for a pony. Nobody asked for a ****ing pony, but to some asking for an end to the death and destruction in Iraq and Afghanistan is the equivalent of whining about how much we all want ponies.

Ah, yes. It was so much better when Saddam could keep genocide under wraps, wasn't it? Then your pretty little ears would've been shielded from the badness of the world. Poor you.

Go tell the mother whose child was slaughtered in the war that her calls for peace are the equivalent of a child begging for a pony.

If you're talking about an Iraqi mother whose son was killed by Iranian insurgents, that's a shame. If you're talking about that horse-faced c**t Sheehan, she's gotten a whole stable full of ponies from moveon.org.

Go tell the women who was recently made homeless because her house was foreclosed by one of the banks that took our bailout money that she is whining about her situation. Go tell the person who is worried that they may have cancer but does not have health insurance that they are asking for too much when they call for universal health care that values people over the insurance industry.

If you take on a loan you can't pay, and then you complain, you're actually whining. It would work the same, bailout or none. And psst: there is healthcare for the indigent. You just might have to...stand in line.

You can accuse us of whining, you can accuse us of “poutrage”, and you can compare calls to end the war as the equivalent of a child stomping their feet on the ground and demanding a pony all you want, but the truth is that we were fighting for peace and social justice long before Obama was in office and we are not going to end that battle just because some people who claim to be on our side mock us for not ending the battle.

You get mocked because you're stupid. Probably ugly, too.

The truth is that we supported Obama during the election, we even campaigned for him. We will continue to support him when does right, but we will not back down when we think he is wrong. The world does not revolve around any single person, and we are not going to pretend that it is more important to refrain from criticizing a politician than it is to stand up for the values that are important to us.

Um, wrong. The world absolutely revolves around Dumbama.Just ask him. Better yet, ask a Hollywood movie star. If their security detail doesn't rough you up first, they'll take off their Cartier sunglasses, look you right in the eye, and tell you to go back to flyover country, because Dumbama is The One.

I am an Obama supporter in general, but that does not mean that I need to agree with him on every single issue nor does it mean that a small group of his supporters can decide for me which issues are appropriate for me to criticize him on and which issues should stay off limits.

Translation: WHERE THE **** IS MY PONY?

We must always speak out when we believe the people in power are wrong, it doesn't matter if the people in power are Republicans or Democrats all politicians need to be held accountable. Politics is not a game, people's lives can improved by politics and people's lives can be destroyed by politics. The issues that are facing this nation are serious, and the only way we are going to solve them is if the people demand that they are solved. Our target is not Obama, our target is a right-wing agenda that has been in place long before Obama took office, and if we want Obama to bring about real change by stopping that agenda in its tracks then we need to put pressure on him to do so. Dissent is patriotic, and if we want real change then we must continue to fight for a better world no matter who is in power.

Sorry, utterly wrong answer. You need to seek out George Clooney, George Soros, Barbra Streisand, Sean Penn, or someone else who is infinitely wealthier than you,and they'll set you straight. Your problem, you see, is that you don't have any money, and you're not famous, so you're UNIMPORTANT to the Democrats. If you don't actually vote for Dumbama, chances are a vote will be cast for him on your behalf in the next election. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the extra money in your unemployment check. Dumbama has fancy dinners to eat and teleprompters to fellate. He can't be bothered with you. Ever.

Another Tom Paine wannabe who needs a shower.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: I don't want a pony (actually sounds like they want a unicorn)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 11:43:27 AM »
They can try all day long to sound righteous....when the rubber meets the road all they ever talk about is what they want for themselves,nothing more.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »
these people are morons. they are followers in a cult

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:55:58 PM »
Does sound more like a unicorn, now that you mention it.

:lmao:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 04:49:41 PM »
Bjorn Against  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Wed Apr-01-09 12:32 AM
Original message

I don't want a ****ing pony.   

I asked for an end to the killing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Tough.

Your Pony only comes in uniform gray and is sized either extra small or extra large. Failure to collect your pony will result in penalty.