Author Topic: More onthe brewing civil war at DU over Afghanistan  (Read 2084 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
More onthe brewing civil war at DU over Afghanistan
« on: March 27, 2009, 09:45:50 AM »
ThomWV  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-27-09 01:52 PM
Original message
Listening to President Obama's plan for Afghanistan

I think I will title this "The Bush Speech" because there is not one word he has said that George Bush would not or did not say within his last three months in office.

This is bullshit.

Good catfights starting

Can you respect someone if they're stupid, but at least consistent?

Anyway, here's a hawkish DUmbass cut right from the Clinton/Kosovo cloth:

Captain Hilts  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-27-09 01:57 PM
Response to Original message
2. It's a complicated situation and I know a lot of liberal Dems that think we need...

to refocus there.

Oh, now it's COMPLICATED. On Jan. 19, I thought it was crystal clear that we needed to pack up and go home, and focus our efforts on prosecuting the Bush Junta for existing.

More:

madokie  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-27-09 02:02 PM
3. so you're gonna put President Obama in the same class as pResident bUsh

I think not. Obama's an intelligent man doing smart things so I'll wait to see what his reasoning for all this is. Personally I think we should stamp out the perpertrators of the violent hate being directed towards us then go on the trying to make it all better tour to the Afghani people. But first we have to take control of these hatemongers at some point in time. imo

Yeah, now the war is nuanced. Obama, who probably never even had his own set of Army men, is a smart man in control of the situation. Again, on Jan. 19, the war was unambiguously bad. Which invites a theory: If things that were clearly wrong under Bush become ambiguous, complicated, and nuanced under Obama, maybe Obama just adds confusion to the situation.

BlooInBloo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-27-09 02:13 PM
6. I think I will title the OP "The Stupid Post".

On Jan. 19, anyone calling antiwar sentiment "stupid" would have been met with a granite flyswatter. Now it's just part of the complicated situation.

What a bunch of dicks.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: More onthe brewing civil war at DU over Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 09:57:50 AM »
 :rotf:  This from the same mouth breathing asshats that said we NEEDED to concentrate on Afghanistan and quit wasting our time in Iraq.

Their true colors are coming out now.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 10:02:51 AM »
Just as I, and many here, suspected.  Bush says and does something, it's evil.  Had manbearpig, and now with Hussein, saying and doing the exact same thing, it's all A-OK.  The primitives that are on that thread who are claiming they're upset, I'm calling baloney and that it's all a front.  They're having to feign outrage to publicly save face. In private, they're more than happy to accept whatever their little savior has told them he's going to do.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 10:07:43 AM »
Oh, watching the DUmmies eat their own.  This could be good...

:popcorn:
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 10:43:54 AM »
Wait until 'O' gets us into a full blown war with Pakistan.  That ought to be good for a laugh or two out of the DUmp.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 10:45:16 AM »
Wait until 'O' gets us into a full blown war with Pakistan.  That ought to be good for a laugh or two out of the DUmp.

KC

Yeah, but I'm guessing the guys over in the 'Stan won't think it's very ****ing funny.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 10:47:54 AM »
Yeah, but I'm guessing the guys over in the 'Stan won't think it's very ****ing funny.

I'm quite sure you are right.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 11:28:27 AM »
Might have to launch a DU North and a DU South soon

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »
Do you think Barack Obama will be "worst person in the world tonight" on Keith Olbermann's show?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 01:42:29 PM »
Do you think Barack Obama will be "worst person in the world tonight" on Keith Olbermann's show?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Give it a couple of years

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 01:59:20 PM »
Michael Yon has his reaction to Obama's latest speech:

LINK

It's looking more and more like Pakistan is, and should have been, lumped in with Afghanistan, given the ISI involvement.  Full-scale invasion?  No, but it's definitely time for us to stop playing patty-cake with these ****ers in Islamabad.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 12:59:55 AM »
My biggest fear of going to war with Pakistan is having to hear duh1 saying Pock-eee-stohn for the next 4 damn years. I noticed the primative with the nom de blog "leftchick," (sorry don't know her handle here), is the head conspiracy theorist on this. She has read articles, you see. Unassailable proof, I tell ya! I also was suprised how many were ready to jump off the bandwagon, and on the Kucinich rocket rain. Fickle litte btards, aren't they? I saw Hannity for a few minutes tonite, and he was doing a word comparison between O and W regarding sending troops to war, and they were indeed very similar. Seriously, the thing that scares me, is he really in this to win it? I would say not, and if that's true, not sending enough troops, just leaves our guys over there open targets for butchering. I have 3 nephews there. I don't like it.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 05:53:11 AM »
My biggest concern over a war with Pakistan is the fact that they have 1) an unstable element bent on destroying the West, and 2) nuclear weapons.  One of the latter will find its way to the United States, carried by the former, and the Obamination will do nothing in response.  I wouldn't bet against them blaming President Bush, and the Obots buying it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 09:12:04 AM »
My biggest concern over a war with Pakistan is the fact that they have 1) an unstable element bent on destroying the West, and 2) nuclear weapons.  One of the latter will find its way to the United States, carried by the former, and the Obamination will do nothing in response.  I wouldn't bet against them blaming President Bush, and the Obots buying it.
If Pakistan goes tits-up India will not sit idly by and allow the nukes to become insecure. India has more than enough might to run roughshod over Pakistan but that all but guarantees a strategic exchange between the 2 nations. It's bad enough the position Obama is putting us in but what he is doing is playing with the billion-plus lives of a US ally.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 09:40:53 AM »
ThomWV  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-27-09 01:52 PM
Original message
Listening to President Obama's plan for Afghanistan

I think I will title this "The Bush Speech" because there is not one word he has said that George Bush would not or did not say within his last three months in office.

This is bullshit.

The discontent pleases me.

Offline djones520

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 09:59:43 AM »
Give it a couple of years

I think it was Redeye last night where they showed a clip that had Howard Dean on Olbermans show, admonishing people who called Obama a facsist, saying that it was disrespectful to the Office of the President, and it shouldn't be done no matter whose in office.  You looked at Olberman and he had this slightly squeemish look on his face.  Cue the part where RedEye shows no less the 4 clips where Olberman is yelling as Pres Bush, calling him a facsist.   :rotf:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 10:36:44 AM »
I think it was Redeye last night where they showed a clip that had Howard Dean on Olbermans show, admonishing people who called Obama a facsist, saying that it was disrespectful to the Office of the President, and it shouldn't be done no matter whose in office.  You looked at Olberman and he had this slightly squeemish look on his face.  Cue the part where RedEye shows no less the 4 clips where Olberman is yelling as Pres Bush, calling him a facsist.   :rotf:

Just remember though that in their convoluted,demented way of reasoning somehow calling President Bush that is justified even though in 2 months O has pushed for things more fascist then any other President has in my lifetime.

A sitting President calling for a private citizen (Rush) to be silenced and demonized....... sure reminds me of the rants of other demagogues in days past.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »
Just remember though that in their convoluted,demented way of reasoning somehow calling President Bush that is justified even though in 2 months O has pushed for things more fascist then any other President has in my lifetime.

A sitting President calling for a private citizen (Rush) to be silenced and demonized....... sure reminds me of the rants of other demagogues in days past.

Hugo Chavez = Hussein Obama

KC

*Stolen

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 09:40:08 AM »
Captain Hilts  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-27-09 01:57 PM
2. It's a complicated situation and I know a lot of liberal Dems that think we need...

to refocus there.

I find whenever someone gives me the "It's Complicated" answer, they actually have no f'n idea what is going on....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 12:51:20 PM »
Captain Hilts  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-27-09 01:57 PM

to refocus there.

DUmmies, too stupid to breathe and not worth the effort of putting them in a coma.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 09:02:59 AM »
If Pakistan goes tits-up India will not sit idly by and allow the nukes to become insecure. India has more than enough might to run roughshod over Pakistan but that all but guarantees a strategic exchange between the 2 nations. It's bad enough the position Obama is putting us in but what he is doing is playing with the billion-plus lives of a US ally.

If India and Pakistan and the US are going at it, don't think China won't get involved, or secretly ask Obama for a green light on Taiwan to stay out.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 05:22:38 PM »

Actually, I heard that, at least a couple of years ago, US NRAS (Nuclear Release Authentication System) safeguards were in place on the Pakistani nukes.  Also, there were American Delta operatives and British SAS troops (maybe a squadron's worth) that had, as their DIP mission, to ensure that the radicals never got to those nukes.  I don't know if there's been any deterioration of that "relationship" in the interim, but with the Obamination in place, I wouldn't put anything by the Pakistanis.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.