Author Topic: Holy crap, there's a band at Mt. Rushmore, mostly woodwinds.  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Delmar

Star Member George II (54,186 posts)
Holy crap, there's a band at Mt. Rushmore, mostly woodwinds.

Looks like military personnel are members. There are a couple of dozen musicians BLOWING into their instruments, all that air is going to spew all over the place. How many will come down with the virus?
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213695866

The horror!  They are BLOWING the germs right into their instruments and from there right out into the atmosphere.

Response to George II (Original post)Fri Jul 3, 2020, 08:19 PM
Star Member helpisontheway (3,156 posts)
2. Damn they are stupid. Nt

A filthy rioter can get right up in a cop's face and scream and the primitive wouldn't give a shit.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Holy crap, there's a band at Mt. Rushmore, mostly woodwinds.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 12:09:50 AM »
President Trump you magnificent bastard!!!

The sheer genius of using woodwind instruments to spread the chinese virus to your devoted base is brilliance beyond words.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 07:40:47 AM »
Good thing they haven't figured out our plan to build Conservative herd immunity, while killing off isolated Democrats by disease and respiratory distress from the masks!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 08:52:10 AM »
Good thing they haven't figured out our plan to build Conservative herd immunity, while killing off isolated Democrats by disease and respiratory distress from the masks!

I wish to God that were true, a primitive-free world.

Who would miss them?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 09:41:50 AM »
While I have not seen pictures/videos to see what precautions may have been taken (e.g. rows/ranks being 6' or more apart; IIRC from HS band, our ranks were 3-5 yards apart), except for flutes and piccolos, musical instruments are like filters.

A clarinet is ~3' long, and the player's breath is directed downward. A saxophone is ~4'-6' and the player's breath comes out low. Brass instruments are even longer, and the 180-degree bends used to keep the instruments of playable size and the valves increase the filtering effects. So just keep the flutes and piccolos at the front of the ensemble/formation - which is common or normal anyway - and their breath won't matter much either.

Given the physics of musical instruments and SD's and WY's very moderate cases-per-million-population rates, the risk at this event is pretty low. But DUpipo would not let facts complicate their narrative.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 10:53:47 AM »
While I have not seen pictures/videos to see what precautions may have been taken (e.g. rows/ranks being 6' or more apart; IIRC from HS band, our ranks were 3-5 yards apart), except for flutes and piccolos, musical instruments are like filters.

A clarinet is ~3' long, and the player's breath is directed downward. A saxophone is ~4'-6' and the player's breath comes out low. Brass instruments are even longer, and the 180-degree bends used to keep the instruments of playable size and the valves increase the filtering effects. So just keep the flutes and piccolos at the front of the ensemble/formation - which is common or normal anyway - and their breath won't matter much either.

Given the physics of musical instruments and SD's and WY's very moderate cases-per-million-population rates, the risk at this event is pretty low. But DUpipo would not let facts complicate their narrative.

You forgot the tuba vector--blows the germs straight up into the air and then drifts down on the unsuspecting audience like radioactive fallout.  I kid.

I watched the event on a you tube live stream here is a face book video of the band that triggered the primitive.  A couple dozen people--pretty non-threatening:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=276980920040698&ref=watch_permalink
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 11:04:05 AM »
Yet magically the Wuhan Red Death disappears if you are a woketard protesting.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 02:26:57 PM »

Who would miss them?
The cave would be severely lacking in entertainment
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 04:50:38 PM »

Who would miss them?

I sure as **** won't!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 11:49:37 AM »
Are they seriously so stupid as to think that anyone suspected of having COVID would be allowed to perform at an event the President was there for?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 12:02:08 PM »
Are they seriously so stupid as to think that anyone suspected of having COVID would be allowed to perform at an event the President was there for?

In the video Delmar posted, all the band players were USAF. So, yeah they'd been tested and self-isolated between the test and the performance.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 04:44:30 PM »
     What kills me is they all think Trump supporters are going to get it because we value are freedom.  The place where all the dying is happening is in their shithole urban areas.  Between the gangs killing each other, drug OD's from fentanyl and the China virus, we might be able to take the house back :)

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 12:53:19 PM »
     What kills me is they all think Trump supporters are going to get it because we value are freedom.  The place where all the dying is happening is in their shithole urban areas.  Between the gangs killing each other, drug OD's from fentanyl and the China virus, we might be able to take the house back :)
Don't forget all the rioting that's allowed to go on in those areas!
I can pretty much guarantee those have been contributing to the death rate among Dem voters!