Author Topic: No flag, no songs, no pledge.  (Read 811 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
No flag, no songs, no pledge.
« on: July 03, 2020, 02:41:13 PM »
Star Member TNNurse (4,421 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213694277

No flag, no songs, no pledge.
Do not know about the rest of you, but we will not fly a flag, listen to a patriotic song or say that pledge as long as there is a traitor in the White House.

Yes, we are having my sister who lives nearby to eat with us tomorrow, but that is it.

We have received and mailed in our ballots for the August primary in TN. It was in the Democratic primary

:whatever:

Star Member onecaliberal (16,718 posts)

1. Took my flag down a couple of years ago.

Have not flown it since. Not celebrating. We’re home trying to survive so we can vote the cancer in our government out.

Star Member Laffy Kat (12,084 posts)

3. I remember how proud I was after Obama won.

I went out and bought a flag the next day and we proudly displayed it on our front porch. That seems like a lifetime ago.

Star Member murielm99 (26,136 posts)

4. We will continue to fly our flag.

The flag does not belong to them. The country does not belong to them, nor do any of our symbols.

:tongue:

Star Member central scrutinizer (8,584 posts)

5. I just put up my flag

I will not let racists coopt our symbols. It’s a 48 star flag that covered my dad’s coffin in 1956. He was a WW II Navy veteran.

:???:

so... you unfolded the flag?  :whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: No flag, no songs, no pledge.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 03:44:33 PM »
so... you unfolded the flag?  :whatever:

While I appreciate that they actually flew a flag, completely moronic to fly a casket flag.  Completely inappropriate and not what it was designed for.

When I was involved in the flag business, we had so many customers who broke their flagpole by trying to fly one.  But the upsell was to sell them a new pole and proper sized flag.

Editing to add: heard that my acquaintances still involved in the flag business relate that they are selling flags like hotcakes this week.  So suck it, DUmmies and any liberals. :bird: :usflag:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 03:47:50 PM by Ralph Wiggum »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 03:51:49 PM »
Those dirty red bastards can't be trusted with an american flag..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WGLxVQnn9A
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 06:01:43 PM »
IIRC, Star Moron TNNurse lives in a rural area, well back from the road. So maybe a few raccoons and a couple of skunks and deer will notice.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 07:06:15 PM »
So the DUmbasses are doing the same things they did before President Trump won the office? Big whoopty do.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 08:00:11 PM »
Hate filled bunch of lunatics

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 04:25:53 PM »
No welfare, no food stamps, no EBT, no WIC, no illegal criminals, no section 8, no school lunches, no....

I could get behind that.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 11:51:35 AM »
There's always crap like this on the 4th.
The DUmmies are such hypocrites, they only support their country when one of their own is in the White House.
I saluted my country and its flag under Clinton and Obama just as proudly as I did under Bush and now do under Trump.
Our country, its flag, and ESPECIALLY the ideals they represent are so much bigger than just who happens to be president.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 12:07:17 PM »
There's always crap like this on the 4th.
The DUmmies are such hypocrites, they only support their country when one of their own is in the White House.
I saluted my country and its flag under Clinton and Obama just as proudly as I did under Bush and now do under Trump.
Our country, its flag, and ESPECIALLY the ideals they represent are so much bigger than just who happens to be president.

Pretty much .... Memorial Day and Veterans Day is Crap-On-Veterans Day on DU .... Thanksgiving and Christmas are for boasts about how DUpipo will/did F-Up their family get-togethers ......... like religious holiday festivals for DUpipo.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.