Author Topic: I just heard something interesting from a Rethug Insider here in Philly  (Read 1086 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member PCIntern (19,526 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213683256

I just heard something interesting from a Rethug Insider here in Philly

This gentleman is nationally connected. I’ve known him for a very long time and he’s not insignificant.

He despises Trump for a variety of reasons, almost all of them sound. He told me a couple interesting things on the fly and I thought I would mention them here for review. I’m just going to tell you what he said, and not whether I think they’re necessarily true or not.

He said the reason McCain chose Palin was they sat down with him and said you have no hope of winning the election at all whatsoever. McCain went for the Hail Mary, and thought he had done the right thing until she opened her mouth. and then he knew he was finished.

This gentleman to whom I spoke and apparently many others think Trump is going to resign and allow Pence to pardon him and his family members and as they say, cut and run. He stated that the state crimes can be handled via attorneys and they are much less concerned with them Thanfederal crimes.

This gentleman feels that Trump has no hope of winning the election and will be down to about 35 to 37% by election day. No I’ve known this guy for years and he is not one for hyperbole or BS.

How down was Trump on election day? Is Hillary the Prez?  :loser:

Donald Trump won the general election of Tuesday, November 8, 2016, despite losing the popular vote while winning the electoral college. Most polls correctly predicted a popular vote victory for Clinton, but overestimated the size of her lead, with the result that Trump's electoral college victory was a surprise to analysts.   

evilhime (311 posts)

76. That wouldn't be good

It would be better to have him gone but Pence actually has a chance of winning back the voters who like his "Christian" stand and lack of craziness and that I find very scary. Pence is as bad or worse than Trump, but he covers it much better. I think we need to bear with the orangupresident for awhile longer and destroy him at the polls.

:whatever:

olegramps (7,619 posts)

92. If this somebody had any ethics and morals he would be saying it publically.

citizen blues (458 posts)

148. I get why they're talking about Trump resigning and Pence pardoning him before the election.

It gives Pence the opportunity to choose a VP. If they waited until after Trump loses, then the VP slot remains empty after Pence becomes President. This way, after the election, Pence can also resign and have whoever his VP is ascend to the Presidency and pardon Pence too.

Two things:

1) Accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt and a forfeiture of 5th amendment rights. Sounds like a witness list in the making for any and all GOP operatives and enablers regardless of what their position is as of January 2021.

2) The state prosecutions will continue. The likes of collaborators such as Don Jr. would definitely fair better at Club Fed than they would at Rikers.

As things get uncovered, people are going to demand accountability and justice. This pardon free-for-all is a ploy they're going to regret.

Star Member MLAA (5,731 posts)

2. Interesting

I hope he doesn’t resign and instead is humiliated and goes to prison accompanied by his spawn (except Baron and Tiffany). Leaving Melania flat ass broke.

Star Member Freddie (6,378 posts)

6. Did he mention who he thinks would run in his place?

I’m scared they would pick someone who appears “moderate” (Romney, the gov of Ohio) and fool people that Repugs are ok again, and after all we Dems kill babies and want to take your guns away.
I think Pence would lose and they probably know that too.

Star Member pnwmom (103,148 posts)

10. And then Pence will run with Nikki Haley. Which I had always thought would happen

if Trump had actually been impeached and convicted.

Star Member PuppyBismark (476 posts)

54. Oh course the only question is when he resigns

I think he will resign a in January a few days before Biden takes over. Before he resigns he will pardon everyone including Pense. Then pense will pardon him and be a Jeopardy answer, Who had the shortest term as president?

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
These fools are so funny. If Biden were to win, any supposed "criminal charges" against Trump will be gone so quickly their heads will spin. The primitives will complain that Biden didn't go after him just like they complained that Obama didn't go after Bush, and the excuse of "put the past behind us for the sake of national unity" will be what they are told to believe, but the libs will do as they're told.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

ZERO BONGS.

I give that negative bongs but the Russian judge won't allow that.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DLR Pyro

This gentleman to whom I spoke and apparently many others think Trump is going to resign and allow Pence to pardon him and his family members and as they say, cut and run.

the DUmmy forgot to add "to Russia" at the end of this sentence...

he gets a C- for his creative writing skills
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
It’s nearly impossible to walk down the street in some areas with a simple red ball cap on with no logo or wording without being assaulted.

We watch on the nightly news numerous assaults on Trump supporters simply over politics.

Online abuse of Trump supporters is non stop.

Conservatives are called idiots, racists, murderers, and worse.

When the polls reflect a certain reluctance to answer, maybe the liberals should ask themselves why?

I don’t believe you can accurately poll Trump for this simple reason and the radical left has no one to blame but themselves when they lose again.

I also don’t believe they’ll ever acknowledge that one very simple premise.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Online Delmar

Response to PCIntern (Original post)Thu Jul 2, 2020, 08:30 AM
Star Member PCIntern (19,528 posts)
197. Wow! I Posted this on the fly and

I figured it would get 10 responses and sink to the bottom quickly.

It goes to show you how thirsty we are for any news or opinions which validates our wishes and dreams
and appropriately is of course, in question because, well, who the **** knows what this guy is going to do? It’s like trying to predict the behavior of a rabid dog.

Excellent observation, my dear PCIntern!
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline ChuckJ

Star Member Freddie (6,378 posts)

6. Did he mention who he thinks would run in his place?

I’m scared they would pick someone who appears “moderate” (Romney, the gov of Ohio) and fool people that Repugs are ok again, and after all we Dems kill babies and want to take your guns away.
I think Pence would lose and they probably know that too.

Hey! A DUmmie slipped up and told the truth.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline 67 Rover

I am still looking for an answer from one of these DUmmies as to why President Trump and Vice President Pence would need a pardon?  :banghead:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline thundley4

I think this is a bunch of projection. Biden will withdraw before the general election, which is why his VP choice is critical.

Offline Mr Mannn

Yeah. Because EVERY Republican insider has a DUmmy for a pen pal.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Since Philly is a Republican desert, this person (If real at all) probably is a columnist for the National Review or Evening Standard, i.e. a Harvard/Yale type interested in being a Conservative only insofar as it helps his investment portfolio and taxes.

Yes, McCain would have got his ass handed to him without Palin, since Conservatives couldn't stand him and especially Second Amendment people hated his guts since he was actually worse than a Democrat because enough Republicans in Congress would have felt compelled to go along with him for party unity that the Dems could pass any damn' thing they wanted to in that lane.  He and his conniving family, including his fatass daughter and their shills, proceeded to do everything they could to stab her in the back and distance himself from her, without doing the math that being a RINO was not going to get Dems to vote for him and dissing Palin would cost him a lot of Conservative votes.  Frankly I hoped he'd be narrowly elected (A long shot) and then croak about 10 minutes after inauguration, but I can see why even with her on the ballot it wasn't enough to get a sufficient number of Conservatives to pull the lever for him, since it was all too possible he'd be reasonably healthy for four years and sell the Conservatives out completely.

As it was, Palin was the only reason that election was as close as it was.  Without her, he would've come in about 10 points lower than he did.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Dennis is a well known pathological liar.

He does not know shit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Dennis is a well known pathological liar.

He does not know shit.

Certainly not disputing that.  A little sh*t with an incredibly exaggerated opinion of himself and totally baseless delusions of grandeur.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Online Delmar

Since Philly is a Republican desert, this person (If real at all) probably is a columnist for the National Review or Evening Standard, i.e. a Harvard/Yale type interested in being a Conservative only insofar as it helps his investment portfolio and taxes.

Yes, McCain would have got his ass handed to him without Palin, since Conservatives couldn't stand him and especially Second Amendment people hated his guts since he was actually worse than a Democrat because enough Republicans in Congress would have felt compelled to go along with him for party unity that the Dems could pass any damn' thing they wanted to in that lane.  He and his conniving family, including his fatass daughter and their shills, proceeded to do everything they could to stab her in the back and distance himself from her, without doing the math that being a RINO was not going to get Dems to vote for him and dissing Palin would cost him a lot of Conservative votes.  Frankly I hoped he'd be narrowly elected (A long shot) and then croak about 10 minutes after inauguration, but I can see why even with her on the ballot it wasn't enough to get a sufficient number of Conservatives to pull the lever for him, since it was all too possible he'd be reasonably healthy for four years and sell the Conservatives out completely.

As it was, Palin was the only reason that election was as close as it was.  Without her, he would've come in about 10 points lower than he did.  

And in the aftermath of that 2008 disaster I never heard Palin utter a bad word about McCain even though McCain people were out smearing and blaming her for the loss.  And I don't remember McCain coming to her defense.  She showed a lot more class than him.

"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

Senator McCain, Meghan, and McCain's campaign people were disgusting Crap-Weasels when it came to Governor Palin. Senator McCain consumed himself with his own anger and envy, and when Palin wasn't his ticket to the WH he turned on her like he did on GWB when GWB beat him and was to turn on Trump when Trump did what he, McCain, could not, win the Presidency.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline hillneck

olegramps (7,619 posts)

92. If this somebody had any ethics and morals he would be saying it publically.

The reason is gramps is because this conversation all happened inside of a DUmmie's mind.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.