Author Topic: The senate impeachment trial could be a circus  (Read 800 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
The senate impeachment trial could be a circus
« on: December 05, 2019, 01:15:18 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212754363

They're getting what they've been wanting and now this ...  :lmao:

Watchfoxheadexplodes (2,142 posts)

Just heard cnn speculation Joe and Hunter Biden could be called to testify. If that happens I believe the door opens for idiots like Rodger Stone, lewandoski etc.

It also would give trumps side a chance to rehash his stupid conspiracy theories.

Im a bit nervous.

LAS14 (7,705 posts)

2. Yeah, I've been worrying about that for months.

I don't see how the Trump side can NOT call them, since part of their case is that Trump was justified to be worried. They will accomplish the goal Trump has had all along. Smear the Biden name all day for days.

Did you see the CNN special "All the President's Lies?" They explained in detail how fake news can begin to sound true through repitition even if the repitition as about why it's fake. I have been very encouraged to watch the MSM consistently refuse to mention the word "Biden," using, instead, "the President's political opponent." Seems like they learned a little something from 2016.

This next one is my favorite!  Isn't this exactly what Adam Schiff did??

getagrip_already (3,097 posts)

6. could be? lol.....

It's the desired outcome for the gop.

Look, under senate rules, all it takes is 51 votes to enact any procedure, call a witness, deny a witness, end questioning of a witness, or really anything they like. They can set the terms that the house presents its case, and how witnesses are called, how they testify, and how they are cross examined.

51 votes is all it takes to do anything. They have 53, plus pence if needed at 50-50, plus manchen.

Sure, Roberts will preside, and can decide who can be subpoena'd, but he can be over ridden with, yes, 51 votes.

So the ENTIRE process is in moscow's hands. They can literally call biden to testify, riddle him for an hour without asking a question, and then vote to cut off questioning - without ever giving dems a chance to ask a single question or make a statement.

And to keep the trial short, with a long list of witnesses, means they will have to limit the witness list and keep questions short.

They can also allow bill barr to testify without taking questions, and read a statement from trump, again without actually being there or being under oath.

It's not a trial in the conventional sense. It's entertainment for the lib haters.

How convenient. For them.

I thought they liked it when Adam did it.  What's the difference here?   :lmao:

New thread, maybe it'll get even better.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: The senate impeachment trial could be a circus
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 01:22:23 PM »
They explained in detail how fake news can begin to sound true through repitition even if the repitition as about why it's fake.

Russia changed the vote totals in Michigan, Pennsylvania & Wisconsin sound familiar, DUmmies?  Talk about fake news.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 02:06:38 PM »
My, my, DUpipo are afraid facts they don't want to hear or be heard will be heard. :popcorn: And Schifftyroo may have to testify in hearings he cannot control, publicly. :popcorn: Welcome to the briar patch, DU-Morons! :rotf:  :popcorn:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »
Subpoena Schiff's phone, email and text records. Same for the "whistle-blower" and anyone else involved on the House side to see if there was any coordination between any of them.

But I do not know what the dems are so worried about, am I sure senators like Romney and Snow will be reliable votes for them for the sake of bipartisanship.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 02:52:41 PM »
Im a bit nervous.

you should be
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 04:27:38 PM »
They'll begin wishing that Biden's name would be coming-up more...  because Obama's name will be coming-up and staying up.  Trump can't wait to begin Operation: Deep Blowback. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 04:49:50 PM »
I notice the DUmmie doesn't mention any defense case presentation, there is nothing that precludes it being an adversary process with the President's office presenting his own case notwithstanding what the Senators from either side want to put up.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 07:17:03 PM »
The Senate could enact one rule that would torpedo any House case.

Three little words: Hearsay is inadmissable.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 08:01:00 PM »
I can only think of two words:  Oh my.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 09:26:18 PM »
Watchfoxheadexplodes (2,142 posts)

Just heard cnn speculation Joe and Hunter Biden could be called to testify. If that happens I believe the door opens for idiots like Rodger Stone, lewandoski etc.

It also would give trumps side a chance to rehash his stupid conspiracy theories.

Im a bit nervous.

Does this mean the impeachment ends?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 06:00:41 AM »
Did you see the CNN special "All the President's Lies?" They explained in detail how fake news can begin to sound true through repitition even if the repitition as about why it's fake.
IOW, they tattled on themselves to paint themselves the
victims of some VRWC.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." -- Goebbels

I have been very encouraged to watch the MSM consistently refuse to mention the word "Biden," using, instead, "the President's political opponent." Seems like they learned a little something from 2016.
Interesting comment.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 07:08:50 PM »
Impeachmas coming soon to your city!!!!   :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Dummies:  We got the muther ****er this time!!!!  Nancy will be president and appt Hillary VP and then resign!!!!
Reality: Acquittal and a President Trump landslide in the next election
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi