Author Topic: Prayer requests  (Read 107572 times)

Offline MrsSmith

Re: Not a discussion, but a prayer request
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »
A friend of my daughter was in a wreck earlier this evening.  She is 4 1/2 months pregnant, just found out Friday that she's carrying a baby boy.  Asking for prayers for her and her baby...and her husband and older son, who are freaking out.  Thanks.
Wanted to mention that this little guy was born last week, perfect condition.   :-)

Praying for Adam, BSS.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Prayer requests
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2010, 12:27:06 PM »
Prayers up for my buddy please.  She is having a total hysterectomy, on Monday.  Has about 10 cysts in there, ranging from golf ball to grapefruit size.  In addition they will be having a pathologist on hand to determine if a tumor on her kidney is cancer. There is a good chance they will remove that kidney, as the tumor is on the top of it, by all the arteries and veins and stuff. All of her other tumors will be pathologized at that time too. There is concern that the grapefruit one isn't attached to her ovary, but her bowel. They can't tell any more without opening her up. I think that one has it's own blood supply.

She is doing a barium swallow test to determine if she has cancer in the esophagus today. Tomorrow they biopsy the FIVE 1-2 inch nodules on her thyroid. They won't be removing the thyroid with the surgery on Monday, but they want to know what they are looking at before they remove the other bits.

So......yeah.  She needs some prayers.  43 y/o BTW. 

Thanks in advance.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »
Sending lots of prayers, for your friend and her family.

And for you too, Deb...to be strong for her.  :heart:

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »
Surgery today.  Everything is benign.  She still has both of her kidneys.  Thank the Lord.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2010, 01:38:57 PM »
Awesome news :II:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2010, 03:01:56 PM »
great to hear this kind of news, Tots.  :hi5:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »
Great news, Deb!! :hi5:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2010, 05:18:45 PM »
+ a bazillion Deb!     :hyper:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2010, 09:41:30 PM »
+ a bazillion Deb!     :hyper:

Werd.  If I ever  underestimated the power of prayer, I don't now.  But I didn't.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2010, 05:29:41 PM »
My neighbor died in a motorcycle accident on his way to visit family in South Dakota. Say a prayer for his family if you would.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2010, 11:58:08 PM »
My neighbor died in a motorcycle accident on his way to visit family in South Dakota. Say a prayer for his family if you would.

Odin....I am so very sorry.

Prayers sent for him, his family and you neighbors as you help his family.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2010, 07:50:41 AM »
 Prayers up Odin.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2010, 03:50:34 PM »
Gang, I'm going to hit ten months clean and sober on Thursday.  I was told by several people in AA (and the music director at my church) that now is the time when feelings that I suppressed with alcohol will come bubbling to the surface.  Three weeks ago, for example, I was convinced that I would lose my wife in a car wreck on I-90 as she came home from seeing a cousin of hers.  I even knew exactly where it would occur, and how.  Let's just say that I'm very glad that it didn't happen that day, but the feeling still persists (that I'm going to lose her soon).  I know that this is my alcoholism, or Satan (acting through my alcoholism), beckoning me to come back and drink to quiet the thoughts.  I would lose so much if I did that.  I think that the only way I would consider taking a drink would be if my wife died.  So, what I'm asking for prayers for (damned onions again!), is to be able to be rid of the thoughts, if it is God's Will.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2010, 04:05:32 PM »
Gang, I'm going to hit ten months clean and sober on Thursday.  I was told by several people in AA (and the music director at my church) that now is the time when feelings that I suppressed with alcohol will come bubbling to the surface.  Three weeks ago, for example, I was convinced that I would lose my wife in a car wreck on I-90 as she came home from seeing a cousin of hers.  I even knew exactly where it would occur, and how.  Let's just say that I'm very glad that it didn't happen that day, but the feeling still persists (that I'm going to lose her soon).  I know that this is my alcoholism, or Satan (acting through my alcoholism), beckoning me to come back and drink to quiet the thoughts.  I would lose so much if I did that.  I think that the only way I would consider taking a drink would be if my wife died.  So, what I'm asking for prayers for (damned onions again!), is to be able to be rid of the thoughts, if it is God's Will.

Prayers up for you BSS.  Hang tight, and one day at a time!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2010, 06:03:10 PM »
Sending prayers to you and for you, BSS.

Part of the what's happening, is that you are getting you straightened out, and you're waiting for the next shoe to drop so to speak. Things are getting better...so that means something must happen to either screw it up or you will do something to screw it up.

Because that's the way it's been for years, so in a little corner of your mind, there's still a part that thinks that's what's going to happen. But it won't....not this time. Because you have changed!

Your faith in God and your dedication to sobriety has gotten you to your 10 month anniversary. Those two things will get you to your 10 year anniversary, too.   

Remember, if God brings you to it...He will get you through it.

:heart:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2010, 07:13:08 AM »
Sending prayers to you and for you, BSS.

Part of the what's happening, is that you are getting you straightened out, and you're waiting for the next shoe to drop so to speak. Things are getting better...so that means something must happen to either screw it up or you will do something to screw it up.

Because that's the way it's been for years, so in a little corner of your mind, there's still a part that thinks that's what's going to happen. But it won't....not this time. Because you have changed!

Your faith in God and your dedication to sobriety has gotten you to your 10 month anniversary. Those two things will get you to your 10 year anniversary, too.  

Remember, if God brings you to it...He will get you through it.

:heart:

I'll PM you, but thanks, deb . . .  :-*
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2010, 12:42:25 PM »
I know that this is my alcoholism, or Satan (acting through my alcoholism), beckoning me to come back and drink to quiet the thoughts.  I would lose so much if I did that

Just remember that Satan is us. This is the side of mankind that was given to us as freewill, and it is up to us to control it. God is there as a reminder that WE do not have to fall victim to our own devils.

Keep up the good work bud, and be strong.   :hi5:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »
My very dear buddy, a former combat engineer in the US Army has left the Army after three tours.  Tomorrow he takes his written exam for the US Border Patrol.  He has dyslexia, but is one of the smartest people I know, and exactly the kind of person we want protecting our borders.   I am not going to go into detail, but I owe this man my life, for real, and only hope that he can achieve his goals.  Prayers Up for Ricky. 

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »
My very dear buddy, a former combat engineer in the US Army has left the Army after three tours.  Tomorrow he takes his written exam for the US Border Patrol.  He has dyslexia, but is one of the smartest people I know, and exactly the kind of person we want protecting our borders.   I am not going to go into detail, but I owe this man my life, for real, and only hope that he can achieve his goals.  Prayers Up for Ricky. 
Have a brother, dyslexic, named Rick.  Weird, huh?   Am praying for yours!!

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2011, 08:33:41 PM »
Have a brother, dyslexic, named Rick.  Weird, huh?   Am praying for yours!!

Thank you. I have several friends who are dyslexic.  They are always the smartest and most mature, regardless of age.  But maybe I have a whole mess of immature friends? :)

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2011, 08:39:13 PM »
Prayers for him and calmness as he takes the test. May the answers come to him without much effort.
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #146 on: January 09, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »
The shop foreman at work is mildly dyslexic, he quite often switches letters in words and names. Fortunately , his parents named him Bob.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2011, 09:37:11 PM »
Please pray for my dear friend Etta.  She has been my Mom's life partner for 20 years.  This last year she had breast cancer, got a double mastectomy, and we thought everything was ok.  She was just diagnosed with cancer of the spine, and liver.  If she chose not to do chemo, the prognosis was 5-8 months.  She is going to do chemo.  Although I know that some of you have issues with gay people, I can say that I am so grateful to have Etta in my life, and fortunate to see my Mom happy.  She is a retired minister, and a spectacular woman.  My heart hurts to even have to post this, I would appreciate any prayers offered for her health, and barring that, her peace, and that of my Mother's as well. 

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2011, 10:07:30 PM »
Our prayers go up for both your friend Etta to heal and for your mom to cope and have wisdom and peace Iassa. :)
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2011, 07:41:42 AM »
Prayers up, Tots.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011