Author Topic: The views of an Independent  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Re: The views of an Independent
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 10:22:01 PM »
But the facts are that the mainstream perception of the Right-Wing, is that they are angry, white rascists.  Just saying.

And why is there that perception?
Because for years the libs have made that claim, because they are too lazy to try to debate the issues, they play the race card then we spend all our time arguing that we aren't racists instead of arguing about the actual issues. After awhile people who don't understand conservatism, nor have the desire to find out what conservatism is, fall for the lie that the left has been spouting.

If you want to see angry white racists just go to any place full of liberals and mention Herman Cain, Alan West, Condi Rice, and Justice Thomas.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 10:52:40 PM »
http://scienceblogs.com/mikethemadbiologist/2010/03/racism_is_still_the_republican.php

I think they spit at a House Democrat and called him a what?

I don't click on links posted until I get to know someone, can anyone tell me what's at the link?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 06:16:59 AM »
I don't click on links posted until I get to know someone, can anyone tell me what's at the link?

Bunch of blog posts by a guy named Mike, and lots of links to other liberal hippie douchebag websites like alternet, ThinkProgress, Mother Jones, Robert Reich, etc.

Our troll here claims to be an "independent" but is anything but.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2011, 07:52:43 AM »
Bunch of blog posts by a guy named Mike, and lots of links to other liberal hippie douchebag websites like alternet, ThinkProgress, Mother Jones, Robert Reich, etc.

Maybe it feels as if its' duty is to "edumocate" us "teabaggers."  You know, sort of like an initiation ritual. :fuelfire: :loser:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »

But but but but but, the OP has told us he's an Independent and leans towards Conservatism on economic issues!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 02:45:50 PM »
But but but but but, the OP has told us he's an Independent and leans towards Conservatism on economic issues!

Seminar callers establish their "conservative credentials" on Rush/Glenn/Hannity's show the same way.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline sybilll

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »
http://scienceblogs.com/mikethemadbiologist/2010/03/racism_is_still_the_republican.php

I think they spit at a House Democrat and called him a what?

Good grief, that claim was debunked more times than Lindsay Lohan has been deflowered.  Sans the part where someone who spittles when they talk like Chrissy Matthews. Andrew Breitbart even offered a 100K reward to anyone that could prove that it happened.  Not one taker.  I therefore discount every word you wrote thereafter.

Offline redwhit

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
You wouldn't happen to be a cop in Texas now, would you?  And how is it that some people can see racism in every single thing that surrounds them?  Is that fulfilling somehow?

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 12:54:20 PM »

Wow... You're right Sparky, Republicans aren't racist... lol.

Quote from: Chauncey DeVega
In the immortal words of Megatron in Transformers: The Movie, Herman Cain’s speech at CPAC really is bad comedy. As you know, I find black garbage pail kids black conservatives fascinating not because of what they believe, but rather because of how they entertain and perform for their White Conservative masters. …

Instead, Herman Cain’s shtick is a version of race minstrelsy where he performs “authentic negritude” as wish fulfillment for White Conservative fantasies. …

We always need a monkey in the window, for he/she reminds us of our humanity while simultaneously reinforcing a sense of our own superiority. Sadly, there are always folks who are willing to play that role because it pays so well.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2011/02/12/black-history-month-is-herman-cain-playing-the-race-minstrel-for-cpac/

Take it somewhere else, kid, we're not buying your bullshit.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 06:56:46 PM »
No.  I was just asked to give an example as to when Republicans had been racist. 

In illustrating that, you don't need to get defensive, I understand it goes both ways.  When they announced Obama won in 2008, there were Jamaican Blacks celebrating in the streets by where I lived while I was jogging, and since I voted for Obama (I drank the kool-aid too), I gave them a gesture that would indicate I was happy at the outcome... They all got quiet and gave me this look like they were confused at why I would be happy.  It was as if they thought it was a victory only for Blacks. 

It's ironic because in voting trends in the past, Jamaicans are hard-line conservatives, and had only voted Republican in the district where they predominately are registered in Miami. 

Regardless, I'm not pointing a finger, and to be honest, my ultimate intent was just to say that Republicans would have a far larger base if they stuck to promoting their economic/tax policies instead of using rhetoric that alienates minorities.  Are you going to honestly tell me if I read through this board I wouldn't find a slew of racially charged remarks about welfare recipients, immigrants, and the President?

Come to edumacate us stooopid raaaacists republicans, have you? Well let me edumacate you. I'm not a republican, political parties do not define me, I am a conservative. I have lib friends, I have black friends, I have hispanic friends, I have indian friends, I have native american friends, I have lesbian friends and I have male homosexual friends.  I have lots of friends. Know what? Race never comes up. Politics never come up. Sexual preference never comes up and I am not in the minority of conservatives. Racial/sexual bias is nothing more than a liberal myth the MSM and the libbies promote. Apparently you fell for it.

Know what? My favorite candidate is a black man by the name of Herman Cain. Why do I like him? Not because he is black, but because I think he is better than the fool that is currently president. The man is smart, a proven leader, and could lead us out of the disaster that obumble has wrought on the great nation. He also endorses the Fair Tax which I think is a great idea.

But us conservatives are raaaacists.

Did the conservatives call a black man on the supreme court an uncle Tom? Nope... that was libs. Did conservatives call the first black US Sec of State a "house ******"? Nope that was the libs too.

Yet us conservatives are raaaacists.

I say the problem is with the minorities, those that sit around and blame whitey for their bad decisions.

By the way... I am 1/4 native american. My grandmother was a Blackfoot Indian.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 07:33:53 PM »
But the facts are that the mainstream perception of the Right-Wing, is that they are angry, white rascists[sic].  Just saying.

Well, the facts are that most of the "mainstream" doing the perceiving are middle class, over-educated, self-loathing white people attempting to lead or force all of us (or as many as feasible) to a mass suicide. The rest are simply high all the time. Just saying.

Being an "independent" is not the same as wanting to be willfully ignorant of the facts.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 07:41:35 PM »
I just always love it when some East Coast shitbag starts chiding me over why I should give a damn about what he or how the rest of the oxygen thieves out there perceive me.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »
After looking at this douche's stellar 8 posts, I vote he is Discordian. If he isn't, he should check them out. He will find lots of "independents" to march in lockstep with.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 08:00:28 PM »
So far, gone for 48 hours.  More likely a hit-and-run troll of the 4chan variety, what they refer to as a /b/tard.

But in the off chance shitbag does come back after his 72-hour committal, I suggest he march in lockstep with some liberals.  Through a minefield, preferably.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford