Author Topic: Fox News: Jared Loughner’s Former Girlfriend Says He’s “Faking” Insanity  (Read 1239 times)

Offline cavegal

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-jared-loughners-former-girlfriend-says-hes-faking-insanity/

Fox News was able to interview a former girlfriend of Jared Loughner, the man awaiting trial for the weekend’s shooting outside a Tuscon, Arizona Safeway which left six people dead and Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords with a gunshot wound to the head. She shed some light on the background of one of the most talked about men in the country, and offered some information that seemed to be at odds with other things we’re learning and speculating about the 22-year-old
:mental: So she doesn't this he is mentaly ill, not even the shooting of 20 people hmmm they ought to check her out too.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I'm no shrink, but I do believe that the shrinks have some fairly definitive tests to determine whether or not Loughner is faking it.

He will most certainly be examined as a part of the trial runup. Most likely several times by several different shrinks.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
I'm no shrink, but I do believe that the shrinks have some fairly definitive tests to determine whether or not Loughner is faking it.

He will most certainly be examined as a part of the trial runup. Most likely several times by several different shrinks.

The prosecutor's, the defense attorney's, the court ordered evaluator...  :banghead:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Airwolf

Well I can only say this, She's no expert on sanity so we should wait till the Doctors have their say.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
It's no secret that the results of long-term drug use (especially hallucinogenic drugs) mimic the symptoms of schizophrenia.  I doubt this kid was genuinely disturbed before he started dumping illegal chemicals and substances into his system.  If he was as into drugs as his acquaintances and former friends have let on, I don't think an insanity defense should even be remotely possible.  I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt where mental illness is concerned.  I think he poisoned his own mind and convinced himself that the powers that be in the state of Arizona were out to get him and this was the result.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
It's no secret that the results of long-term drug use (especially hallucinogenic drugs) mimic the symptoms of schizophrenia.  I doubt this kid was genuinely disturbed before he started dumping illegal chemicals and substances into his system.  If he was as into drugs as his acquaintances and former friends have let on, I don't think an insanity defense should even be remotely possible.  I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt where mental illness is concerned.  I think he poisoned his own mind and convinced himself that the powers that be in the state of Arizona were out to get him and this was the result.

Substance abuse does often mimic mental illness like schizophrenia, especially with hallucinogenic drugs. LSD can cause hallucinogens years later. I am no shrink and I thought Loughner might be schizoid and schizotypal personality disorder. The symptoms resemble schizophrenia. Schizoid is chracterized by solitary lifestyle, secretiveness, and emotional coldness, while schizotypal is characterized by need for social isolation, odd behavior and thinking, and often unconventional beliefs. They are psychotic. Loughner clearly had weird beliefs and odd behavior.

Schizoid Personality Disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

Schizotypal Personality Disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder

Dylan Klebold is thought to be schizoid and schizotypal.
http://www1.csbsju.edu/uspp/criminal-profiling/Columbine_Dylan-Klebold-profile.html
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:55:01 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

It doesn't even take years.... months, weeks even.  I'm not naive when it comes to drugs -- I've done my share.  I think this kid went overboard with the acid, peyote, and weed and he couldn't handle it.  Whatever mind he had, I think he wasted and developed an obsession with Giffords after meeting her and getting an unsatisfactory answer about some ridiculous minutiae his neurotic mind locked on to after months of drug use.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
It doesn't even take years.... months, weeks even.  I'm not naive when it comes to drugs -- I've done my share.  I think this kid went overboard with the acid, peyote, and weed and he couldn't handle it.  Whatever mind he had, I think he wasted and developed an obsession with Giffords after meeting her and getting an unsatisfactory answer about some ridiculous minutiae his neurotic mind locked on to after months of drug use.

LSD is a potent drug. Paranoid people often harbor grudges and can be violent. We are all paranoid to some degree. For some, it drives them to madness and consumes them like a wildfire.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:02:31 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

The gibberish and rambling obsession with grammar puts me in the mind of someone who's taken way too much LSD, smokes pot on a regular basis, and has managed to focus on a single facet of contemporary life to vent brain cells and neurons upon.  Synthetic and organic psychoactive drugs combined with "unfavorable" environmental stimulus can have an extreme effect on a persons' psyche and mental well-being.  I don't know how recently he was in school relative to the shootings, but trying to carry on some semblance of a normal life with it's requisite responsibilities does NOT mix well with random drug use. 

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The gibberish and rambling obsession with grammar puts me in the mind of someone who's taken way too much LSD, smokes pot on a regular basis, and has managed to focus on a single facet of contemporary life to vent brain cells and neurons upon.  Synthetic and organic psychoactive drugs combined with "unfavorable" environmental stimulus can have an extreme effect on a persons' psyche and mental well-being.  I don't know how recently he was in school relative to the shootings, but trying to carry on some semblance of a normal life with it's requisite responsibilities does NOT mix well with random drug use.  

He was in the Pima Community College System since 2005. He was kicked out for the semester in September 2010. I notice he had a sense of entitlement when it came to free speech, etc., which may suggest narcissism.

Disturbing new details released by Pima Community College about Loughner's history at school
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_central_southern_az/tucson/new-disturbing-details-released-by-pima-community-college-about-loughner's-history-at-school

Jared Loughner kicked out of career center for unusual behavior
http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13841249
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:34:14 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
There is something wrong with him that is for sure
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Chris_

That much is obvious.  Do I think he deserves to plead insanity?  Absolutely not.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

Nothing 230 grains of copper and lead behind the ear can't cure.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
It's no secret that the results of long-term drug use (especially hallucinogenic drugs) mimic the symptoms of schizophrenia.  I doubt this kid was genuinely disturbed before he started dumping illegal chemicals and substances into his system.  If he was as into drugs as his acquaintances and former friends have let on, I don't think an insanity defense should even be remotely possible.  I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt where mental illness is concerned.  I think he poisoned his own mind and convinced himself that the powers that be in the state of Arizona were out to get him and this was the result.

Michael Savage was talking about this the other night, he said this guy was a user of the herb "Salvia" and Michael cited some statistics about Salvia that were terrifying, he said the hallucinogenic effects of it that were reported by people in the study said it was much greater than other illegal drugs out there, and these people reported never having an effect as severe as that ever.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Well I can only say this, She's no expert on sanity so we should wait till the Doctors have their say.

She certainly seems to be less-than-acquainted with the subject of sanity.

Oh, and the insanity defense isn't going to fly, considering there was premeditation and evidence he KNEW what he was doing was wrong.  There goes that theory.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
She certainly seems to be less-than-acquainted with the subject of sanity.

Oh, and the insanity defense isn't going to fly, considering there was premeditation and evidence he KNEW what he was doing was wrong.  There goes that theory.

It is hard to prove insanity, especially after John Hinckley. Hinckley was a narcissist and womanizer. Jared Loughner will likely end up in the Supermax Prison in Florence, Colorado and be sharing it with Terry Nichols, Ramzi Yousef, Theodore Kaczynski, Robert Hanssen, and Zacarias Moussaoui.

Feds Say Reagan Shooter John Hinckley Is Womanizing Narcissist
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368663,00.html
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 01:22:09 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du