Author Topic: Not Cool Say Some About S.F.’s Sit-Lie Law  (Read 626 times)

Offline cavegal

Not Cool Say Some About S.F.’s Sit-Lie Law
« on: November 29, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/11/29/sit-lie-law-takes-to-the-streets-of-s-f/

A new law targeting those who hang out, and lie down, on the sidewalks and streets of San Francisco has some asking whether this city, known for its "love thy neighbor" attitude, has perhaps decided some neighbors aren't welcome.

In November, 53% of voters here passed Prop. L, which forbids people from sitting or lying on public sidewalks from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. The ordinance is very similar to anti-sit/lie laws in Berkeley, Seattle, and other liberal cities, and received strong support from Mayor Gavin Newsom and Police Chief George Gascon.

After civil rights advocates and the progressive majority on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors opposed the idea, Mayor Newsom pushed to get it on the ballot.

Here is the money quote....
"If we're only going to embrace certain people than not only will we make San Francisco a less vibrant and progressive place, but we will cease to be that beacon for the world,[/b ]and the world needs San Francisco," says Blue, a community activist.
  :lmao:

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: Not Cool Say Some About S.F.’s Sit-Lie Law
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 01:00:08 PM »
What does BoBo las Hobo say?

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 01:06:33 PM »

Sh says she's going to stay away from San Fransicko.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 01:26:41 PM »
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/11/29/sit-lie-law-takes-to-the-streets-of-s-f/

Here is the money quote....  :lmao:

This is so funny Cavegal,   My mom and I would be locked up in the poky if we had those laws here.

A couple years ago when I could still walk for and hour or so, mom at 85 and I went down town and after checking out the shops in this small town became exausted.  We bought coffee but needed to sit down, we were worn out and needed a breather.  We found a place in the shade and plumped our butts down against a building and watched the world go by.  

We heard the zoom, zoom of motorcycles and there went my son and a few friends on bikes.  Mom let out a Youhoo to him and somehow he heard.  He turned around , parked the bike and walked over to find out why his mother and grandmother were sitting on the sidewalk.

"What are you doing down there, should I call an ambulance for both of you.??"

Mean while his friends and coworkers had turned around and come back to find out where he had gone to.  

"Grandma , Mom get up now I will get the car for you."   Was he ever embarrassed to find us sitting on the sidewalk drinking coffee.  "  Mom, my friends will think you are both drunk, give me the keys I will get the car."

When he came back with the car one of his friends a big strong good looking guy picked Mom up and darn if she didn't tell him that she would be down town every day if a hunk like him would help her off the sidewalk.

Thank you Cavegal for bringing back memory's of just one incidence in my life as the daughter of an amazing woman.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:09:16 PM »
Where else but San Fransicko?! :lmao: Communism makes it mark in Commiefornia.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 08:21:15 PM »
In November, 53% of voters here passed Prop. L, which forbids people from sitting or lying on public sidewalks from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. The ordinance is very similar to anti-sit/lie laws in Berkeley, Seattle, and other liberal cities, and received strong support from Mayor Gavin Newsom and Police Chief George Gascon.

Nada.

She can still sit-lie-sleep on the sidewalk from 11:01pm-6:59am.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.