Author Topic: A good blow job.  (Read 5025 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
A good blow job.
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:04:25 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/30/tropical.weather/index.html?eref=rss_us&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_us+%28RSS%3A+U.S.%29&utm_content=Twitter

It has been a good luck stretch for us since we had a good blow as the old timers called it.

It is nerve wracking waiting to see what path the beast will take.

Not too soon to start preparing for it, before the stores run out of food and battery's.

The one saving thing for us is that if the beast is moving fast we only have to put up with it for 6+ hours, if the bugger slows down then darn who knows how much damage it will do.

Way to soon to take in the awnings on the deck and anything that could fly through the windows. We have so many old growth trees in this area, even an extended period of 50 mph winds weaken them, the water washes away the ground, exposes the roots and down they go.

The next 3-4 days will be interesting,  May need to buy a bundle of shingles ahead of time.

When we go for decades of no beast we forget that this is not a blizzard that may last a few days.  This will be short and quick over in just a few hours, yet people stock up like crazy, in hours, the damage caused can be horrific.

To stock up, a few gallons of water, toilet paper, lots of news papers to place in front of the back door if you have dogs, kitty litter for the cats.

Unlike a tornado that comes out of the blue, we have days to prepare for the worse.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: A good blow job.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 11:25:33 AM »
Even though, north of the Mohawk in NY, we'll probably not get hit by anything substantial, I'll go out and get some propane tanks for the Coleman stove, some charcoal for the Volcano 2 stove, a fair amount of canned stuff, and lots of batteries--plus oil for the two hurricane lanterns.  One can never tell.

Vesta, you knew that with a thread title like that, there would be a lot of looks.  Gotta give you kudos for that. :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »
Even though, north of the Mohawk in NY, we'll probably not get hit by anything substantial, I'll go out and get some propane tanks for the Coleman stove, some charcoal for the Volcano 2 stove, a fair amount of canned stuff, and lots of batteries--plus oil for the two hurricane lanterns.  One can never tell.

Vesta, you knew that with a thread title like that, there would be a lot of looks.  Gotta give you kudos for that. :cheersmate:

Indeed.  Great Title.  Vesta, I would suggest keeping some ice handy too. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 01:31:47 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/30/tropical.weather/index.html?eref=rss_us&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_us+%28RSS%3A+U.S.%29&utm_content=Twitter

It has been a good luck stretch for us since we had a good blow as the old timers called it.

It is nerve wracking waiting to see what path the beast will take.

Not too soon to start preparing for it, before the stores run out of food and battery's.

The one saving thing for us is that if the beast is moving fast we only have to put up with it for 6+ hours, if the bugger slows down then darn who knows how much damage it will do.

Way to soon to take in the awnings on the deck and anything that could fly through the windows. We have so many old growth trees in this area, even an extended period of 50 mph winds weaken them, the water washes away the ground, exposes the roots and down they go.

The next 3-4 days will be interesting,  May need to buy a bundle of shingles ahead of time.

When we go for decades of no beast we forget that this is not a blizzard that may last a few days.  This will be short and quick over in just a few hours, yet people stock up like crazy, in hours, the damage caused can be horrific.

To stock up, a few gallons of water, toilet paper, lots of news papers to place in front of the back door if you have dogs, kitty litter for the cats.

Unlike a tornado that comes out of the blue, we have days to prepare for the worse.

Yeah Vesta it last a few hours then it gets calm and the wind switches direction.  Now another couple of hours as you listen to the banshee winds and trees snapping and falling.

Well it's all over, good thing people followed you advice and stocked up on...........just a few gallons of water, toilet papaer  and lots of newspaper for the dogs and kitty litter

So now that the big blow has moved on in just a couple of hours, and you now know your electric will be out for a week or more, what else did you forget to stock up on??  Gas, fuel, a hell of a lot more water than a couple of gallons, canned goods, cars filled up, bug spray, lamp oil.........

I really hope that its many more years before someone gets to experience this good "blow" job. 
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 04:02:11 PM »
Oh yeah,, don't forget to secure the stuff outside.  Even a trash can can do some serious damage. 
I would make sure to have the batteries, water, LOTS of water.   A radio (with batteries) would be great if you don't have one already. 

Be prepared to eat everything in your fridge, and have a way to cook it.  The power outage afterwards is the worst part, if you still have the house.  Make sure all of your paperwork is somewhere waterproof.  And, if you are going to sustain a direct hit, with any type of mph, you want to make sure your windows are secure. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 05:12:29 PM »
Oh yeah,, don't forget to secure the stuff outside.  Even a trash can can do some serious damage. 
I would make sure to have the batteries, water, LOTS of water.   A radio (with batteries) would be great if you don't have one already. 

Be prepared to eat everything in your fridge, and have a way to cook it.  The power outage afterwards is the worst part, if you still have the house.  Make sure all of your paperwork is somewhere waterproof.  And, if you are going to sustain a direct hit, with any type of mph, you want to make sure your windows are secure.  

Actually I would say get the hell outta dodge in that case
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 05:15:42 PM »

Oh well, that is a given, I just meant board up the windows before you left.  My bad. 

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 06:44:21 PM »

Sometimes that isn't an option. I kind of recall a hurricane coming at Norfolk in 93 (?). I was ready to evacuate the family, but I had to stick around because of my military duties. WE went to go and try to find some 4x8 sheets of plywood to board up the windows, NADA..... None to be found anywhere in Va Beach. Fortunately, it missed us.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 07:53:01 PM »
Sometimes that isn't an option. I kind of recall a hurricane coming at Norfolk in 93 (?). I was ready to evacuate the family, but I had to stick around because of my military duties. WE went to go and try to find some 4x8 sheets of plywood to board up the windows, NADA..... None to be found anywhere in Va Beach. Fortunately, it missed us.

GLORIA hit the Norfork area in the 1980's and we were told to evacuate and go to shelters.  We packed up the kids and went inland to a motel about 100 miles from the coast.

Good thing we did, when we got home the neighbors that went to the shelters told me ---NEVER AGAIN.   The shelters were a Zoo.

First people in to the shelters were the working girls and their pimps. These private enterprises were harassing all males over the age of 10 who used the bathrooms.   Woman who took their little girls to the bathroom had to lug everything they brought with them including the blankets and pillows from the cots set up for people to sleep on.

Noise level was defying, 150 boom boxes all on different stations, the smell of pot, The fighting between gangs, men and woman, woman against woman man against man.

So now we are facing the Beast in New England this week.  That darn Shepard on Fox is beging to scare me.

We went through BOB in the 90's and came through with some damage but not devastation.  Actually we ended up at the beach with 2,000 other idiots to watch the waves break over the light house.

My home is a big double wide and not tied down, up off the ground with cement blocks. Today I live 3 miles as the crow flys from the beach, and I believe the lot was built on wet land as 2 days of rain and the front yard will flood.  We have 2,  60+ year old oak trees on both front and back of our home, at least 4 storys tall and big suckers.

That damn Shepard is doing his job , causing alarm and giving bazzar scenerios of what COULD happen.  That SOB at one point in his strident voice told of what COULD happen in NY, the tunnels flooded and 20 feet of water at JFK airport.

Do we stay or do we go ???

Darn  I have to make sure my medication is good for a month or more, pack everything in the Gun case, but what do I do with my cats, Hubbys birds.?  I will take my dogs with me, but how do I leave my cats.?

The more I watch the weather channel and listen to that Shepard the more uneasy I get,  what a mess.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 07:54:50 PM »
This thread was not what I thought it was....
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 08:26:17 PM »

I guess you really ARE senile.  Did you forget February that quickly?

Those were either on the road in front of my house, or within a five minute walk.  90 mph off the Isle of Shoals?  Do you forget so easily?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 08:27:41 PM »
Vesta, sit tight.  Check out NOAA.gov.  Weather people thrive on freaking people out.. Get your meds, just in case, and hang tight. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 08:29:30 PM »

mg]

Those were either on the road in front of my house, or within a five minute walk.  90 mph off the Isle of Shoals?  Do you forget so easily?

How did you get Bigfoot to pose?  :-)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:57 PM »

We were lucky not anything like that in my area but lots of it around us.

Worse thing we had was a micro burst that hit us a couple of years ago,  so odd we lost one shingle but others ended up with trees spearing their roofs, or going into their front windows.

Odd but as we sit behind a large building the burst must have divided as the homes on both sides of us were hit and those to the back of the complex were damaged.  We were without power for 3 days but the fantastic power lines men worked double shifts to get us back on line.

I would think that with the Beast moving up the coast the States outside the danger zone are on alert to send their people by the hundreds to help if we get hit.

Yes I do forget the drama of others after a few days and months of other world shaking news.   The biggest thing I will never forget---

I came home at 3 am from work and by 4 am was in  bed'

Phone rang and hubby was babbling about our going to war, to get up and watch the TV.  I managed to pull my self out of bed in time to watch the second plane hit the towers.  I called in to work sick so I could watch history in the making.

We have all kinds of problems that are local, hard to remember them all unless they impact me directly.  The next town is flooded out, a storm hit a town 30 miles away, so easy to forget unless you are there up to your ass in trouble.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 08:41:02 PM »
He looks like he could be a bad mamma jamma.  I hope that all y'all on our eastern seaboard have a great weekend, and he doesn't mess up your plans, but, just in case he decides to be a bit unruly, be safe.  Regardless of whether or not you are inland, it is my experience you don't mess with a storm that goes over a Cat 3. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 09:45:44 PM »
A good blow job.

Didn't your dad teach you anything?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 11:17:41 PM »
Looks like all of you along the East Coast need to start preparing for Earl.... :o :o :o

This was posted just a bit ago....
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38877306/ns/weather/

North Carolina officials announced the first evacuation would be Ocracoke Island beginning at 5 a.m. Wednesday. Tourists would be ordered to leave the barrier island accessible only by ferries, but those who live there year-round have the option to stay.

Earl was expected to remain over the open ocean before turning north and running parallel to the East Coast, bringing high winds and heavy rain to North Carolina's Outer Banks by late Thursday or early Friday. From there, forecasters said, it could curve away from the coast somewhat as it makes it way north, perhaps hitting Massachusetts' Cape Cod and the Maine shoreline on Friday night and Saturday
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 11:48:29 PM »
I have been thru many hurricanes in south Louisiana. Here is a tip if you think the power is going out. Take things out of the frig and put them in the freezer plus pack the freezer as tight as you can get it. Meat will defrost after 4 days but it will stay cool enough without spoiling. Then you can cook it on the BQ or if you have gas you are in luck. My next big expense is to get a stand alone gas generator.   

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 08:49:32 AM »
I have been thru many hurricanes in south Louisiana. Here is a tip if you think the power is going out. Take things out of the frig and put them in the freezer plus pack the freezer as tight as you can get it. Meat will defrost after 4 days but it will stay cool enough without spoiling. Then you can cook it on the BQ or if you have gas you are in luck. My next big expense is to get a stand alone gas generator.   

Why oh why doesn't someone invent a propane run TV.?

Here I sit wondering if I should expend the energy in this heat to wash the kitchen floor. Why bother if in a couple days the floor may not be here.   Any excuse to get out of cleaning the toilets and tubs will do.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 10:55:23 AM »
Why oh why doesn't someone invent a propane run TV.?

Here I sit wondering if I should expend the energy in this heat to wash the kitchen floor. Why bother if in a couple days the floor may not be here.   Any excuse to get out of cleaning the toilets and tubs will do.

They already have propane or LNG fueled generators. What else do you want ?!?!?!?!?!?
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 11:11:20 AM »
Just downgraded to a Cat 3.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 11:15:54 AM »
Just downgraded to a Cat 3.

I've heard that it could go back up to a Cat 4.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 11:49:22 AM »
I've heard that it could go back up to a Cat 4.

Depends on how bad TWC needs the ratings.  Bunch of ****ing hysterical drama queens.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 12:07:20 PM »
NOAA says it will have "jumps" in intensity.  Pretty sucky Labor Day weekend for the east coast at any rate.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 08:08:04 PM »
NOAA says it will have "jumps" in intensity.  Pretty sucky Labor Day weekend for the east coast at any rate.

Says you.  I'm on the Virginia eastern shore.  Got some 25 mph winds, a little rain, and the sun was shining before it went down tonight.  Same shit on tap for most of the rest of the eastern seaboard.

Oh, the humanity!!!!