Author Topic: How many "papers" do you carry at all times?  (Read 2837 times)

Offline MrsSmith

Re: How many "papers" do you carry at all times?
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 08:57:49 PM »
Me and everyone in my company.  Although most of the time, mine is in my pocket...
Seriously?  Wow, in my company, lack of a name tag can get you in a lot of trouble.  Maybe I should complain...it just has to be some type of profiling...right? 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 09:01:15 PM »
Seriously?  Wow, in my company, lack of a name tag can get you in a lot of trouble.  Maybe I should complain...it just has to be some type of profiling...right? 

Yeah, but, when it isn't in my pocket, I lose it.  I put in my pocket when I am at my desk, or in the bathroom.  Other than that it is clipped to me.  Guess I am a renegade... :uhsure:

I do get hollered at a lot.  It is always ON me, just not necessarily visible..
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 09:09:30 PM »
Maybe I should add this to the poll...how many are required to wear an ID tag at work?  Talk about having to carry papers!!!!

Not yet, but once I start doing clinicals this fall, oh yeah.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010, 09:21:47 PM »
Drivers License, Firearms License, "Medicare" card and assorted DR/CR cards.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 09:53:04 PM »
Drivers license, concealed carry license, pilot's license, social, ATM card, EAA membership card, Sam's Club card and my church Temple Recommend.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 10:34:54 PM »
As an evile capitalist pig I carry at least a dozen credit cards.
As the wife of a corporate pig/former military dictator wannabe I carry my dependent, er, excuse me as the military has become pc, my (never mind can't even remember the word but it will return to me when I become sober again manana) military spouse id card.
The most godawful drivers license ever issued to womankind-my DL taken one day after my lily white skin connected with the burning summer heat of AZ, my hair was a frizzy cloud-some freaking sadist at DMV was just waiting on me.
Hmm, my library card so I can checkout all the books I'm too damn cheap to buy.  I have been donating my paranormal romances in hopes of improving their stock.
My social security card-the original one issued when I was 13 and in JROTC and told I must get one.  It's a little dilapidated but so far as I know no frikking illegal is using the number.
Various animal rescue society membership cards.  Sue me, I'm a bleeding heart liberal when it comes to cats, dogs, horses, lions, tigers and bears, oh my.
Maybe 20 forms of id in all.  And the police ask for my DL every time they pull me over for speeding.  BUT, important point here, I DON'T bail from my car running. :tongue:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 11:12:53 PM »
Maybe I should add this to the poll...how many are required to wear an ID tag at work?  Talk about having to carry papers!!!!

Ralphie raises his hand!

Pretty much since 9/11.  Must be Bush's fault, right? :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »
Ralphie raises his hand!

Pretty much since 9/11.  Must be Bush's fault, right? :-)

Damn Bush, responsible for the Muzzie terrorists too. :rotf:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 11:18:04 PM »
Damn Bush, responsible for the Muzzie terrorists too. :rotf:

But of course! :evillaugh:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2010, 07:26:42 AM »
It sure is Bush's fault he caused everything that is wrong today :sarcasm:
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2010, 08:37:55 AM »

I have to have my company ID with me -- can't get in any of the doors without it -- and I have to use my Army Contractor (CAC) card in the card reader attached to my computer to log into any of the systems I work in.  And every couple of years, I have to go to Ft. Dix to renew the CAC card which, of course, requires MORE "papers" and fingerprinting as well.  There's more . . . a 7 yr background check by individuals at Ft. Monmouth before I could starting working at my current job and a new I9 form every year I've been employed in my current job (which again requires I show a passport or equal documentation).  Sheesh!  Showing a driver's license is the LEAST of my requirements!  The feds know every stupid detail of my life, it seems, and I'm not even a gov't employee . . . ::)
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2010, 09:38:10 AM »
I have to have my company ID with me -- can't get in any of the doors without it -- and I have to use my Army Contractor (CAC) card in the card reader attached to my computer to log into any of the systems I work in.  And every couple of years, I have to go to Ft. Dix to renew the CAC card which, of course, requires MORE "papers" and fingerprinting as well.  There's more . . . a 7 yr background check by individuals at Ft. Monmouth before I could starting working at my current job and a new I9 form every year I've been employed in my current job (which again requires I show a passport or equal documentation).  Sheesh!  Showing a driver's license is the LEAST of my requirements!  The feds know every stupid detail of my life, it seems, and I'm not even a gov't employee . . . ::)

but, but, but.....that's just not right!!! after all you are just trying to do your job. a good person like you shouldn't need all those silly checks to see if you are reallllly good. stupid government..... :censored:

:lmao: I just cannot do Dummie with a straight face.... :lmao:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 10:08:56 AM »

but, but, but.....that's just not right!!! after all you are just trying to do your job. a good person like you shouldn't need all those silly checks to see if you are reallllly good. stupid government..... :censored:

:lmao: I just cannot do Dummie with a straight face.... :lmao:

Truly!!  :rotf:  All their whining about this stuff just proves most of them haven't held real jobs, etc. as the rest of us, when asked for "papers", can fan ID out like a hand of cards.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 01:59:41 PM »
Truly!!  :rotf:  All their whining about this stuff just proves most of them haven't held real jobs, etc. as the rest of us, when asked for "papers", can fan ID out like a hand of cards.

How much money does a DMV worker make a year ???  A little augmentation goes a long way to pay the bills.

In my neck of the woods this is how it worked for some years.

People that needed an ID would head for their Embassy in N.Y. and for a thousand bucks get a drivers licence from N.Y  state, or an International Drivers License for $300.00. bucks.  Some Dudes in Richmond VA. working at their DMV under cut the Embassy's on price and made millions before being caught.

My small town has allot of people that travel the world.  When a couple Asian men staying at a motel in town went to the town clerk to register a car they had just bought, a International Drivers License was presented.

The license was much like a state drivers license, photo, also a thumb print and was laminated like ours.

Our Town clerk traveled allot and had one also, hers was like a pass port on paper.  She called the police and the men were arrested.

The local news paper then decided to interview town and State police on what they they though was valid, the paper or the Laminated.   To be fair they went to 10 different towns and a couple State Police stations.

I imagine you may know all ready the outcome, Each and every cop, Town or State picked the Laminated one. 

When my son was in College, he and his Buddy's went to Boston and bought fake Id's to get them into the clubs at 19 years old.

Faking documents has been big business for a thousand years or more. Why else would Official documents been sealed with a signet ring and wax.???