Author Topic: 0bama: Limbaugh can play with himself  (Read 935 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
0bama: Limbaugh can play with himself
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:14:29 AM »
When President Obama was asked if he would play a round of golf with his talk-radio nemesis Rush Limbaugh, the response, relayed by a top Democrat, was: "Limbaugh can play with himself."

This is according to Zev Chafets in his new book, "Rush Limbaugh: An Army of One," due May 25 from Sentinel.

The caustic comeback is another example of the verbal venom between the White House and the conservative radio star. In an interview with CBS News last month, Obama called the views spelled out by Limbaugh and Fox News Channel's Glenn Beck "troublesome."

Chafets reports he encouraged Limbaugh to reach out to the president just after last July's "Beer Summit" that Obama hosted between Professor Henry Louis Gates and Sgt. Joseph Crowley, the Cambridge cop who arrested Gates after he locked himself out of his own home.

"You guys are both golfers," Chafets told Limbaugh. "Would you play a round with the president and show the country that there are no hard feelings?"

"He's the president of the United States," Limbaugh told Chafets. "If any president asked me to meet him, or play golf with him, I'd do it. But I promise you that will never happen. His base on the left would have a s--t-fit."

"How about letting me ask?" Chafets said.

"Go ahead," Limbaugh said. "Nothing will come of it."

LINK
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: 0bama: Limbaugh can play with himself
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:19:27 AM »
Too bad Limbaugh's not Arab. At least the president would have bowed to him.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »
It shows just how thin-skinned and classless this president truly is.  Funny, if someone had asked GWB and Michael Moore to play a golf game together, I'm guessing GWB wouldn't have been an ass about it.  Fatass Moore, OTOH...
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »
The unpresidential President ever.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 11:48:50 AM »
What a complete and utter buffoon we have as a leader. It makes me ashamed of the United States!!
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »
What a complete and utter buffoon we have as a leader. It makes me ashamed of the United States!!
I'm ashamed of 52% of them...but at least 60% of those are coming to their senses.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:40:10 PM »
Too bad Limbaugh's not Arab. At least the president would have bowed to him.

Maybe Rush could round up a Burger King mask for the occasion, then Obama would bow.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:49:20 PM »
Another reason 0bie will not play golf with Rush... Rush is a better player I bet!

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 02:25:36 PM »
Anyone ever see O's scorecards? He's not even a duffer, he's a hack golfer, rumor has it! Bet his golf balls even "smile" at his game! :evillaugh:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »
It shows just how thin-skinned and classless this president truly is.  Funny, if someone had asked GWB and Michael Moore to play a golf game together, I'm guessing GWB wouldn't have been an ass about it.  Fatass Moore, OTOH...

I think we're seeing just how much real criticism - for the first time in the HFIC's life, according to many accounts - is getting to the ReichsMessiah.  He's not accustomed to being spoken about the way el Rushbo speaks about him.

Too damned bad, whiny-assed bitch.  :evillaugh:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 07:04:04 PM »
Obama is attacking private citizens? WTF??????????????????
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 08:31:52 PM »
The reason The Obumbler won't play a game of golf with Rush is he knows he'd get his ass kicked on the links by Rush. The Obumbler is a gutless coward.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 09:12:25 PM »
Obama doesn't want to embarrass himself
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »
Obama doesn't want to embarrass himself

It's an every day occurance for the MessiahnFuhrer(piss be upon him):  You'd think he'd be used to it by now.  Lord knows we've only had to put up with him for 17 months or so now, and we're already accustomed to being embarrassed by Teh Wun(piss be upon him) on a daily basis.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 05:18:54 PM »
The problem is that Mr. Obama is a malignent narcissist. Far less bright than he is currently credited with by some. See Dr. Sanity's collums on the subject of narcissism on line. In addition , persons like Mr. Obama does not see you and I and the "little people" are not "real" to them. Kegan is the mirror immage of Mr. Obama , a sort of masochistic narcissist to Mr. Obama's sadistic narcissism. Very dangerous to our freedoms.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »
If Obama plays golf as good as he throws a baseball then Rush is better off playing on his own.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats