Author Topic: Black people must leave, NJ Walmart announcer says  (Read 1141 times)

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
Black people must leave, NJ Walmart announcer says
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:31:16 PM »
Yikes! Revrun Jessie in

Black people must leave, NJ Walmart announcer says

By BRUCE SHIPKOWSKI (AP) – 1 hour ago

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. — A Walmart store announcement ordering black people to leave brought chagrin and apologies Wednesday from leaders of the company, which has built a fragile trust among minority communities.

A male voice came over the public-address system Sunday evening at a store in Washington Township, in southern New Jersey, and calmly announced: "Attention, Walmart customers: All black people, leave the store now."

HERE
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline thundley4

Re: Black people must leave, NJ Walmart announcer says
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:41:12 PM »
I seriously doubt that it was an employee of Walmart, but it might be a member of some local union.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:47:19 PM »
Or another phony noose incident.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 09:35:04 PM »
Updated March 17, 2010

Wal-Mart 'Sympathetic' to Man Fired for Using Medical Pot, but Won't Rehire Him
By Joshua Rhett Miller
FOXNews.com

A Walmart employee with sinus cancer and an inoperable brain tumor who was fired for using medical marijuana will not be rehired, even though the company says it is "sympathetic" to his condition.

Joseph Casias, 29, was fired in November from a Walmart store in Battle Creek, Mich., after marijuana was detected in a routine drug screening that he underwent after he sprained his knee at work.

snip

"I gave them everything," Casias told Wzzm13.com. "110 percent every day. Anything they asked me to do, I did. More than they asked me to do. Twelve to 14 hours a day."

Casias, who has been collecting unemployment since his termination, reportedly received a notification this week that Wal-Mart was challenging his eligibility for benefits. But Wal-Mart officials will no longer object to Casias receiving those benefits, company spokesman Greg Rossiter told FoxNews.com.

"This is just an unfortunate situation all around," Rossiter said. "We're sympathetic to Mr. Casias' condition, but like other companies, we have to consider the overall safety of our customers and associates, including Mr. Casias, when making a difficult decision like this."

Asked if Wal-Mart officials were considered offering Casias his job back, Rossiter replied: "No, we're not."

The Marijuana Policy Project, a Washington-based marijuana advocacy organization, has called for a nationwide boycott of all Walmart stores to protest Casias' termination.

"MPP is asking shoppers to demand that Wal-Mart abandon its discriminatory policy of firing employees who are legal medical marijuana patients under state law," an MPP blog posting read. "We need to send a strong message to Wal-Mart and other businesses in medical marijuana states that it is not acceptable to fire sick people for trying to get better by following their doctor’s recommendation and obeying state law. Marijuana is a legitimate medicine, supported by science and protected by law in 14 states, including Michigan."

Dan Korobkin, a staff attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union's Michigan branch, said Wal-Mart's action against Casias is unlawful and "shameful."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/17/wal-mart-sympathetic-man-fired-medical-marijuana-wont-rehire/?test=latestnews

Sounds like somebody's got a beef with Wal-mart, this is the second story in the news the past couple of days. I suspect unions too.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:42:26 PM »
Sounds like somebody's got a beef with Wal-mart, this is the second story in the news the past couple of days. I suspect unions too.

Both of these stories made big bonfires over on Skin's Island.  Also the recent couple of stories about attacks happening in Walmart parking lots.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »
As a former Wal Mart employee I think they are within their rights it states when you get hired no drug use no matter what he knew that when he was hired.
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 10:06:41 PM »
As a former Wal Mart employee I think they are within their rights it states when you get hired no drug use no matter what he knew that when he was hired.

Pot is still a federally controlled drug. It would be interesting to see if the EEOC would take the case under the ADA.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 11:13:02 PM »

For sure. He tested positive for drugs on the job. You can't have someone who is high on pot climbing up stock ladders and interacting with customers smelling like it. He should be fired. The ACLU will make a big splash over this.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 11:34:34 PM »
I can't believe someone got on that speaker and said what was said.

Why would you do something like that ? 

In Mississippi, in a Walmart, I heard these two things :

Attention  Attention

Will the customers please watch their children.  We have kids running all over the store.

and

May we have your attention please.

Smoking is not allowed in the store.  Repeat, smoking is not allowed in the store !

:-)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 07:31:15 AM »
I can't believe someone got on that speaker and said what was said.

Why would you do something like that ? 

In Mississippi, in a Walmart, I heard these two things :

Attention  Attention

Will the customers please watch their children.  We have kids running all over the store.

and

May we have your attention please.

Smoking is not allowed in the store.  Repeat, smoking is not allowed in the store !

:-)

Every time I go to Walmart, it seems as if parents consider the store as a big playground for their children.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 08:18:26 AM »
This is strange:

As customer Sharon Osbourne, of Williamstown, left the store Wednesday, she called the announcement "appalling, stupid and sad."

So... The reporter was there at the time of the incident or this woman waited around for the reporter to show up?  Something smells fishy.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 08:27:27 AM »
I heard about this announcement on the radio driving in to work today.  And, may the Lord forgive me, I laughed my fool head off. 

It ain't funny, I know.  Guess I am just losing it.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 08:58:16 AM »
I heard about this announcement on the radio driving in to work today.  And, may the Lord forgive me, I laughed my fool head off. 

It ain't funny, I know.  Guess I am just losing it.

I laughed, too, in a sardonic manner.  It's convenient how the announcement played perfectly into the accusations Walmart-bashers have made against the company.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 09:02:05 AM »
I laughed, too, in a sardonic manner.  It's convenient how the announcement played perfectly into the accusations Walmart-bashers have made against the company.

Agreed.  And from what I heard, they don't know who did it, whether it was an employee, or someone punching in the public address code into one of the phones they have throughout the store.  That makes sense, that it might be someone disgruntled with Walmart, that is some good bad press right there. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 09:38:17 AM »
Pot is still a federally controlled drug. It would be interesting to see if the EEOC would take the case under the ADA.

I don't recall seeing anything about medical marijuana being legal in Michigan, unless that is the case he hasn't got a leg to stand on.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 09:53:42 AM »
hey -- I shop at that Walmart but it wasn't me, I swear!!  :-)
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail