Author Topic: the Newsweek Cover  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
the Newsweek Cover
« on: November 21, 2009, 10:19:15 PM »
How tasteless and Stupid do you think it is?

Bad for America, and Bad for the GOP.  As if the GOP would listen to Newsweek's advice on what is good for Republicans?   

The ego and dementia of these people never ceases to amaze.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: the Newsweek Cover
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 10:25:02 PM »
This story?

"Palin is awful.  She's so divisive.  Boo hoo."  **** Newsweek -- its a Bouncy Ball story printed on fancy paper.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 10:38:36 PM »
Whatever ::)
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 10:47:01 PM »
Three things in life that I'll never do:

[1]  Get the 4-1-1 on my religious beliefs (I'm mormon) from a Televangelist;

[2]  Go to the Government Motors dealer for all the data on the Ford I'm looking at; and

[3]  Take political advice from the propaganda whores for the New Communist Party (that's the Dim'Rats, for those of you in Rio Linda).
:mental:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 10:58:42 PM »
I think the cover backfired on Newsweek....especially since they reprinted it without permission from Runner's World.

And there's been a lot of criticism towards NOW for not coming out and denouncing the cover.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Baruch Menachem

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 11:15:44 PM »
Any time she shows up any where on any media, that media person's ratings go through the roof.   I think they printed the cover just to get some of the attention.

In a non political year, Oprah got her best ratings ever when she had her on.   I can't imagine what happened with Rush's listenership when he had her on.

Even those who hate her, have to watch her now.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 11:21:11 PM »
It still amazes me how angry some people get when Sarah Palin is mentioned  :mental:  I look at her and I see an attractive, successful, normal woman.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 11:22:32 PM »
It still amazes me how angry some people get when Sarah Palin is mentioned  :mental:  I look at her and I see an attractive, successful, normal woman.

Which is why they get angry, because she got there all by herself, no need to play the victim card.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Baruch Menachem

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 12:51:38 PM »
Whenever there is a cool person who does cool things with what seems a minimum of effort, there are always those that find doing the minimum acceptable a hard chore.    This second group usually hates the first group because there is no way they can come close.   

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 01:23:33 PM »
Which is why they get angry, because she got there all by herself, no need to play the victim card.

It is also telling that she has over 350 requests from Republican senators and representatives to participate in their campaigns next  year, and has been averaging over $1 million in contributions for every fundraiser that she participates in.......

They are clearly scared s**tless of her......and rightly so......

We are going to be seeing a lot more of her in the next twelve months.

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 01:28:17 PM »

She's normal in that she went to state universities, married a guy who has to work for a living and she needs to work to in order to help the family budget, has kids ---that they are raising themselves without nannies and boarding schools, teenage daughter gets pregnant and has the kid instead of an abortion, she and her husband have a "challenged child", she doesn't wear designer clothes unless she gets a good deal on them, she doesn't (didn't rather) go around in a limo.

Gee....she sounds like 90% of the women in the country....

That's why people like her....she's just like the rest of us....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 10:44:03 PM »
I heard McLame's people got crazy when Sarah came in with an outfit that she bought at a consignment shop....of course, she was quickly dressed with something they preferred. :whatever:

NOW is a big joke...they are not for women...they are for liberals.  The positive side of this story is that everyone knows now.

Martha Stewart came out and said Palin is dangerous and boring..... :lmao:  Gotta love it when an ex-con calls someone else dangerous.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 11:09:39 PM »
Martha Stewart came out and said Palin is dangerous and boring..... :lmao:  Gotta love it when an ex-con calls someone else dangerous.

Martha Stewart had the chutzpah to call someone else boring?  Wow.  Someone get that lady a mirror.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 11:33:09 AM »
Sarah Palin has more class in her pinky finger then Martha Stewart has in her whole body.  She is also WAY more intersting then Martha Steward.

Besides, fellas, who would you rather see in shorts?

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 12:45:14 PM »
Big deal, she wore running shorts for a picture for a running magazine.  :mental:

Have you ever seen how DUmmies dress?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Would there still be the outrage if she had a butch hair cut, code pink t-shirt, no bra & a trucker's wallet?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:48:51 PM by RobJohnson »

Offline Baruch Menachem

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 02:02:49 PM »
Before you go to far with the mental image of Sarah Palin Braless.. :heart:

look at her husband, whose broad shoulders and large fists can act as a cold shower.