Author Topic: Obama Heading to Copenhagen for Olympic Pitch  (Read 4307 times)

Offline ironhorsedriver

Obama Heading to Copenhagen for Olympic Pitch
« on: September 28, 2009, 06:36:08 AM »
UnF**king believable, this nutless wonder boy won't meet his Generals,won't make important war decisions, can't pay attention to a single g*damn thing important or make a decision that's right. So the buffoon is going to go overseas and lobby for Chicago to get the Olympics.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Obama-Heading-to-Copenhagen-62317937.html

Offline thundley4

Re: Obama Heading to Copenhagen for Olympic Pitch
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 06:53:42 AM »
Maybe he also wants to take advantage of some certain things that are legal to do there, and the Olympic thing is just an excuse.  :hyper:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:22:48 AM »
UnF**king believable, this nutless wonder boy won't meet his Generals,won't make important war decisions, can't pay attention to a single g*damn thing important or make a decision that's right. So the buffoon is going to go overseas and lobby for Chicago to get the Olympics.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Obama-Heading-to-Copenhagen-62317937.html

It's not that surprising.  When under stress, people revert to what they know how to do best, whether it's appropriate or not.  Obama knows how to campaign...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:43:50 AM »
Now, I enjoy the Olympics, but really, how selfish are we being here? In the past 25 years, we've had 3 Olympics in our country.  1984-LA, California, 1996-Atlanta, Georgia, and 2002-Salt Lake City, Utah.  Before that we had the Cold War games in Lake Placid while Moscow hosted as well in 1980.  Yet the president somehow thinks that it is so important that we have a 4th time in his home town?  Jiminy Christmas, lets learn how to share!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 09:46:51 AM »
Chicago??  You might as well have it in Detriot.  What a joke.
Police study video of beating death of high school student

CHICAGO, Sept. 28 (UPI) -- Chicago police set up extra security at Fenger High School on the far South Side Monday following the beating death of a 16-year-old honor student.

An amateur video of the incident turned over to authorities showed a group of youths kicking, punching and beating Derrion Albert with wooden 2-by-4's, the Chicago Tribune reported.

The youth died from cerebral injuries and blunt head trauma, the Cook County medical examiner concluded.

The melee that resulted in his death took place at a community center Thursday after gang rivalries that had started at school spilled onto the streets.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/09/28/Police-study-video-of-beating-death/UPI-81901254142254/

The man's ego knows no bounds.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 10:04:15 AM »
It's not that surprising.  When under stress, people revert to what they know how to do best, whether it's appropriate or not.  Obama knows how to campaign...

When the going gets tough, Zerobama heads to Copenhagen for a weekend of whoring and hash bars.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:09:56 AM »
When the going gets tough, Zerobama heads to Copenhagen for a weekend of whoring and hash bars.

He's taking Michelle.

The reality is that they haven't been on vacation in what?...3 weeks?

And they have never been to Copenhagen....

:censored:

As far as the Olympics going to Chicago....it's a good way to get a whole bunch of money to make community improvements, Chicago already has several venues in place (the sports centers), and it brings in a heck of a lot of money during the games. With it centrally located in the midwest....that makes it much easier for a lot of Americans to travel to the games as opposed to when they were on one side of the country or another.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »
He's taking Michelle.

The reality is that they haven't been on vacation in what?...3 weeks?

And they have never been to Copenhagen....

:censored:

As far as the Olympics going to Chicago....it's a good way to get a whole bunch of money to make community improvements, Chicago already has several venues in place (the sports centers), and it brings in a heck of a lot of money during the games. With it centrally located in the midwest....that makes it much easier for a lot of Americans to travel to the games as opposed to when they were on one side of the country or another.

Yes, because nothing screams the success of liberalism like going to the remnants of Cabrini Green or getting shot at by gangstas with all those weapons they don't have.  Sorry, if I was going to sell a city for the Olympics, Chicago would be way, way, WAY down on the list.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 10:33:59 AM »
Yes, because nothing screams the success of liberalism like going to the remnants of Cabrini Green or getting shot at by gangstas with all those weapons they don't have.  Sorry, if I was going to sell a city for the Olympics, Chicago would be way, way, WAY down on the list.

Most of Cabrini Green has already been torn down and is being rebuilt.

I happen to be quite fond of Chicago....enjoy visiting there, and my brother and his family live there..though they just moved to the " 'burbs" last week.

If they could have it in downtown Atlanta, they can do it in Chicago.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 10:40:16 AM »

I happen to be quite fond of Chicago....enjoy visiting there, and my brother and his family live there..though they just moved to the " 'burbs" last week.

When they had the games in Atlanta, that inspired Jeff Foxworthy to do his "Redneck Games" parody. Will we something similar if Chicago gets the games, maybe something like "Gangsta Games"?  :-)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 10:45:16 AM »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 10:46:29 AM »
I didn't realize things were going so well with this country that the President could afford to go on a vacation...again.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 10:49:15 AM »

I'm aware of CG being torn down, but don't think there aren't places just as bad.  Cabrini Green was just the worst of the worst.  Chicago is still a pit until you get to the burbs.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 10:54:40 AM »
I bet the Rats wont say anything but if it was Bush running over the sh*t would be flying
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 11:19:32 AM »
I'm aware of CG being torn down, but don't think there aren't places just as bad.  Cabrini Green was just the worst of the worst.  Chicago is still a pit until you get to the burbs.

I'll have to respectfully disagree.  There are some very nice neighborhoods on the north side.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 11:24:43 AM »
I'll have to respectfully disagree.  There are some very nice neighborhoods on the north side.

Some, but Skokie?  Illinois Nazis?  I hate Illinois Nazis.  I know there are some really nice areas on the lakefront, but Some of those areas were just scary.

And I say this as a former inmate of Great Mistakes Naval Training Center.  I usually went to Milwaukee versus Chicago on the weekends, and not just because the drinking age in Wisconsin was lower.

Bottom line--if you're going to sell a city in this country for the Olympics, you can do a whole lot better than Chicago.  At least Zero isn't trying to sell Detroit as an Olympic venue!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 11:32:56 AM »
Some, but Skokie?  Illinois Nazis?  I hate Illinois Nazis.  I know there are some really nice areas on the lakefront, but Some of those areas were just scary.

And I say this as a former inmate of Great Mistakes Naval Training Center.  I usually went to Milwaukee versus Chicago on the weekends, and not just because the drinking age in Wisconsin was lower.

Bottom line--if you're going to sell a city in this country for the Olympics, you can do a whole lot better than Chicago.  At least Zero isn't trying to sell Detroit as an Olympic venue!

Not even that far north.  I owned a house on the NW side of the city for 6 years, and also lived in a two-flat west of Wrigley for several years.  Very nice neighborhoods and good people, of many races.

I don't think Chicago is a good fit for the Olympics, but not because the city is a shit-hole or anything remotely like that.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 12:32:26 PM »
I like to see Rio de Janeiro holding the 2016 Olympics. Tokyo already held the Olympics in 1964. Madrid is in Spain and Spain held in 1992 in Barcelona. I somehow think Tokyo will get host the 2016 Olympics.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »
I like to see Rio de Janeiro holding the 2016 Olympics. Tokyo already held the Olympics in 1964. Madrid is in Spain and Spain held in 1992 in Barcelona. I somehow think Tokyo will get host the 2016 Olympics.
I would like to see that.  That would be interesting.

Are they still doing the staggered schedule?  Aren't the winter games scheduled for 2014?

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 12:50:03 PM »

Are they still doing the staggered schedule?  Aren't the winter games scheduled for 2014?

Yes, but I don't recall where the winter games will be in 2014.  They'll be in Vancouver next year.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 02:06:20 PM »

The Winter Olympics are held in non-leap years like 2002, 2006, and 2010. 2014 Winter Olympics is in Sochi, Russia.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 02:22:59 PM »
I wonder what kind of exhibition games Chicago would bring to the Olympics.  The Purse Snatching 500 Meter Dash, the Windy City Triathalon (a stabbing, a carjacking, and another foot race), and the Absentee Senator (an endurance competition made up entirely of reciting stump speeches).

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
How can they afford the Olympics?
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 02:51:33 PM »

Who told you Skokie was "Nazi"? Skokie is predominately Jewish, has been forever. There's a pocket of Catholics in there.

My brother lived on the edge of Lincolnwood, bordering on Forest Glen....very nice neighborhood, across the street from the elementary school. A 1700 SF detached row house that they just sold for $650K. They went to church in Skokie ( a very very old Epicopal Church).

There are a lot of nice areas of Chicago, as all city employees are required to live within the city limits. We've stayed in downtown Chicago and walked to restaurants at night.

There have always been "scary" areas of Chicago. I can remember going down to Rush Street when I was in college and my dad just about going into cardiac arrest over it... ::)...it was "funkytown" then - could buy anything you wanted on the street...now it's a very popular area of restaurants and boutiques.

Navy Pier, down at lakefront, is fun. Went there with my son and a buddy of his just after they graduated from Great Lakes. 

If I had stayed in the area after I graduated from college, I would have ended up being a social worker in Cabrini Green....which is why I moved to Omaha. Didn't have a death wish.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 02:58:07 PM »
Who told you Skokie was "Nazi"? Skokie is predominately Jewish, has been forever. There's a pocket of Catholics in there.

My brother lived on the edge of Lincolnwood, bordering on Forest Glen....very nice neighborhood, across the street from the elementary school. A 1700 SF detached row house that they just sold for $650K. They went to church in Skokie ( a very very old Epicopal Church).

I think NH Sparky was making a "Blues Brothers" joke.

Sounds like your brother lived quite near my old house.