Author Topic: Lethal Force  (Read 5911 times)

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Lethal Force
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 02:14:22 AM »
So, I'm wondering if people here feel that the use of lethal force to protect property is justifiable. In other words...

If you catch someone stealing from you, should you be allowed to use lethal force against that person even if the person does not pose a physical threat?

How many times does one break into a house and is NOT a threat?

And how many people are willing to take the chance that the person in your living room at midnight walking off with your stereo is not a threat?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 02:48:45 AM »
As Robert Heinlein said: An armed society is a polite society.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 04:04:59 AM »
Anyone who wants to see what happens when you take away a citizens right to keep and bear arms needs only to look at the out of control crime rates in D.C.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 06:40:21 AM »
So, I'm wondering if people here feel that the use of lethal force to protect property is justifiable. In other words...

If you catch someone stealing from you, should you be allowed to use lethal force against that person even if the person does not pose a physical threat?

Under the circumstance you posed?  No.  They pose no imminent threat to you or anyone else.  If, however, they are armed and move as to use the weapon, he's toast.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 07:09:20 AM »
Certain Circumstances.

My Yard and my Car, welcome to it, I got insurance.

Inside my house and you better have your ****ing affairs in order.

Ditto.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 09:37:49 AM »
In some situations a prohibition against lethal force left property owners subject to repeat violations that became personally ruinous to them.

How many times should a property owner be victimized before the law allows him to defend his ability to provide for himself and his family?

Furthermore, considering many property/home invaders can turn violent how far is a rightful property owner to cede his right of self-defense to an intruder before he can gauge a threat to himself and his family?

Here in Colorado I'll take a defensive position and secure my person and family...back in South Florida I would never take chances and I'd come gunning for you.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 11:47:38 AM »
Well, at least NH law has it right.  If you're on my property (not necessarily in my house), your ass is mine.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford