Author Topic: Re: How I Spent My Saturday Night  (Read 4845 times)

Offline djones520

Re: How I Spent My Saturday Night
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 02:25:19 PM »
Knock yourself out.

This is straight up bullshit Zeus.  Every Veteran on this site is vouching for TRG, and no one else has had any question that this really happened.  Your way the **** out of line on your "inquiries".
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 02:33:47 PM »
I'm waiting on a reply back on a couple inquiries. If I am wrong I'll still be wrong later OK.

You have got to be shitting me? You are going to continue this bullshit?

TRG, I am sorry that a thread about one of the greatest moments in your career ended up here. This is really pissing me off.

I am not a vet, but have a great deal of respect for what TRG and other members of our military do for us, past and present.

Please Zeus, knock this shit off.   :wtf3:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 02:39:41 PM by RobJohnson »

Offline Zeus

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 02:41:04 PM »
You have got to be shitting me? You are going to continue this bullshit?

TRG, I am sorry that a thread about one of the greatest moments in your career ended up here. This is really pissing me off.

Actually I wasn't pushing/continuing anything. A great swell of "You must apologize" went out. I have repeatedly stated I am willing to offer an apology / not good enough though so then I made some inquiries. If I am wrong I am wrong and will admit so. I fail to see why verification is a no no unless.....
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 02:43:11 PM »
I'm waiting on a reply back on a couple inquiries. If I am wrong I'll still be wrong later OK.

Sounds like you're just stalling.  You ****ed up, you got called on it.  Reach down, find that pair, man up, and apologize for your thoughtless comment, and let it go.

You're acting like a total asshat right now.  Reminds me of the time a guy claimed I was never a submariner, even after I showed him a picture of me standing in "instrument alley" in AMR2UL.

Salvage whatever credibility you have left, while you still can.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline djones520

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 02:49:19 PM »
Actually I wasn't pushing/continuing anything. A great swell of "You must apologize" went out. I have repeatedly stated I am willing to offer an apology / not good enough though so then I made some inquiries. If I am wrong I am wrong and will admit so. I fail to see why verification is a no no unless.....

You are wrong, plain and simple.  Now that you further implying that we're trying to cover for TRG is not putting you any further in anyones good graces.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »
I fail to understand why you feel the need to verify what TRG posted and many of us Vets have already supported him on this. If it were bullshit, the flag would have been thrown long ago. Seems like you're being pretty chickenshit to me.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 03:32:46 PM »
Knock yourself out.

Check your PM's.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 03:36:09 PM »
Ok Zeus...you've got the numbers to my desk and to the Platoon Sergeant for the Tomb Guards.

Knock yourself out asshat.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »

the burden of proof is on you, not TRG.  we accept his post as factual.  if you have proof to the contrary, please post it.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »
Sounds like you're just stalling.  You ****ed up, you got called on it.  Reach down, find that pair, man up, and apologize for your thoughtless comment, and let it go.

You're acting like a total asshat right now.  Reminds me of the time a guy claimed I was never a submariner, even after I showed him a picture of me standing in "instrument alley" in AMR2UL.

Salvage whatever credibility you have left, while you still can.

Ditto. And it's a rotten damn shame that this celebratory thread has deteriorated into this slug fest which, I might add, you are losing badly, Zeus.

Zeus, I don't know you from a hole in the ground, but I'm getting the sense that ANY hole in the ground has more integrity than you have right now. Embrace the suck and say what you need to say and move on -- if you can.

TRG, let it be known from this Army retiree that not only have you honored the memory of those Unknowns, but you've honored the nation by your support of the Sentinels.

That is awesome stuff.

:usflag:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2008, 08:27:42 PM »
Wow is this still unresolved?  That's just disgraceful.  Much respect and love to you, TRG. 

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2008, 08:49:42 PM »
Zeus's accusation was rather Cold-Warrior-ish, if you ask me. It was reminiscent of the crap that would happen from time time at TOS.

Just my $0.02.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2008, 10:03:42 PM »
This is straight up bullshit Zeus.  Every Veteran on this site is vouching for TRG, and no one else has had any question that this really happened.  Your way the **** out of line on your "inquiries".

Even us civilians don't see any reason to question TRG.  The reason I had initially asked him how he got chosen to guard the Tomb, as opposed to when he got badged as a sentinel, was because he wasn't walking the mat.  The requirements to walk the mat are not uncommon knowledge (although I thought you had to be badged, didn't realize trainees were allowed to, so I learned something).  Also, it's not a big secret that full dress is only worn during visitor hours.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2008, 01:00:04 AM »
Wow is this still unresolved?  That's just disgraceful.  Much respect and love to you, TRG. 

this issue is resolved.