Author Topic: I removed my sister from my Facebook list  (Read 5835 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: I removed my sister from my Facebook list
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 04:45:25 PM »
Name address and Broker # isn't the same as hobbies, hangouts, pictures, etc.

Agreed but once you know someones name and geographical location you can pull up a lot of stuff on them.  If you run a search on my name and Huntsville Texas you will come up with a lot about me.  Real Estate, Motorcycles, etc....  From there it isn't hard to find what you are looking for.

Meh, I don't worry about it too much.  I trust people until proven otherwise.  It is a fault and a plus at the same time.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »
Agreed but once you know someones name and geographical location you can pull up a lot of stuff on them.  If you run a search on my name and Huntsville Texas you will come up with a lot about me.  Real Estate, Motorcycles, etc....  From there it isn't hard to find what you are looking for.

Meh, I don't worry about it too much.  I trust people until proven otherwise.  It is a fault and a plus at the same time.

KC

I have to admit, it's really cool to have a name like Smith.   :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 06:36:28 PM »

KC

I think you aren't paranoid enough.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 07:01:17 PM »
I think you aren't paranoid enough.

Naw, I'm plenty paranoid but I choose to keep it under wraps.  It bites me once in a while but for the most part it is small potatoes. 

I know there are lots of reasons to be paranoid .... I have a friend who works for the NSA.  Some of the stuff he has told me makes my hair stand up but I refuse to live in a cell built by myself.

We are ..... protected.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 09:04:23 PM »
Well no wonder, you old grouch!  JK  :lmao:  Many of us are only 20-30 years old, or there'bouts!  Beg, Mrs Smith, Schade, Jty,  :naughty: So it was all like yesterday for us  :cheersmate:

As for being important, pff... you're right, but we all should still have good memories of those years of youthful indulgence!

Good point!  My daughter keeps in touch with school chums on Facebook...but she's only 19. 

Being a little bit older, I keep track of my kids, grandkids and nieces.   :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 09:11:14 PM »
Well no wonder, you old grouch!  JK  :lmao:  Many of us are only 20-30 years old, or there'bouts! 

Well, I am sure you don't remember stuff from 30 years ago, now do you?

(and I forgot HS by the time I graduated from college 4 years later, like most grown ups do).

Do you REALLY want to be telling stories in 20 years about "I remember how the girls in HS made fun of me?"  How sad.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:15:38 PM by freedumb2003 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2008, 09:50:36 PM »
I have never logged on to facebook, myspace, jomamabook, friendsbook, myass, whatever.

And who the hell wants to hook up with the dregs from the past?  If they were friends, they would be friends now.

Crap. I was really hoping you'd become my friend in my myass account.  :rotf:

As said earlier, there are reasons friends go their own seperate ways. It would be nice if we all could just stay in one place forever and ever, but we can't most of the time.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2008, 09:51:38 PM »

So forget this whole mess, grab a beer, prowl craigslist, and pick yourself up a cheap hooker; you'll feel better!   :uhsure:  :-)

Who do you think I am?  DH???

;)

It don't matter at all, of course.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 02:34:34 PM »
What IS facebook?  I have heard about it but I'm too lazy today to run a search.

KC

It's a place for HTML challenged neophytes to build a simplistic web page so their little egos are boosted by having a web presence.  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :fuelfire: :tongue:
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 02:48:03 PM »
It's a place for HTML challenged neophytes to build a simplistic web page so their little egos are boosted by having a web presence.  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :fuelfire: :tongue:

OUCH!   :o

Sumpin tells me you just resurrected this thread!  LOL

KC

*Stolen

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 02:51:17 PM »
Just remember, I was programming using punch cards and paper tape.  Mind your manners.
As far as crotchety and judgmental -- I plead guilty as charged.

I also know with 100% certainty that no one will ever use anything on the interwebz against me, since there is almost no information out there.  I have even managed to have my RL address and phone number scrubbed.

How many stupid people have lost jobs, scholarships and even their college admissions lost due to not understanding the simplest rule: The Internet is forever. Those of us who helped build it know that in our souls.

Oh gawd! From an HP 3000 in college to a CDC 7600 when I moved to the Marshall Islands, Kwajalein Atoll.

http://www.cisl.ucar.edu/computers/gallery/cdc/7600.jsp

Luckily for me, the Army (SDC - Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville) upgraded with two of these:

http://research.microsoft.com/~gbell/Digital/timeline/1989-4.htm

And one each of these:

http://www.cisl.ucar.edu/computers/gallery/cray/xmp.jsp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cray_Y-MP

The Army sent me to a total 27 DEC, six Cray, and one Intergraph schools.

Then two years later I moved back to the states never to use that technology again. Now, I use PC's and play solitaire most of my days.

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 02:54:41 PM »
I only was in HS for 2 years -- I graduated early via Night School.

I was a GDI -- I did get Best Actor of the Year, but that was about it. Nothing bad, nothing great.  HS was a non-event in my life.

Yup! He got swirlies `round the toilet in gym class.
I can hardly imagine how hard dodge ball was on you.  :evillaugh: :tongue:

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2008, 01:12:07 AM »
I have nothing but positive memories from my highschool years...in fact, I wish I COULD go back sometimes...some of the best years of my life... fun, friends and no responsiblity...except for homework.
I miss those times, before the internet, the real estate and nasdaq bubbles, and working 60 hour weeks, paying mortages, dealing with adult heartbreak...etc...

I would  re-live those highschool days if I could....but too late, it's 2008...but thanks for taking me back for a few short moments though, when life was easy, and laughs were plentiful. :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2008, 06:16:37 AM »
Well no wonder, you old grouch!  JK  :lmao:  Many of us are only 20-30 years old, or there'bouts!  Beg, Mrs Smith, Schade, Jty,  :naughty: So it was all like yesterday for us  :cheersmate:

As for being important, pff... you're right, but we all should still have good memories of those years of youthful indulgence!

I'm afraid it was 20 years ago for me.  :thatsright:

As for the rest of the comments in this thread, I really pity folks with no sentimentality and I'm saying this as someone who really has a tough go of it during those years due to the crappy family situation(and it was not your usual parent/child scuffles and I'll leave it at that). I don't know what would have happened to me if not for the kindness of the friends I had during those years(and, of course, their parents). I guess because of it and the fact that my closest friend in the world, a person I refer to as my sister, is rooted in my early teen years, I have a bit more of a sentimental attachment to those individuals.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2008, 07:26:20 AM »
Yup! He got swirlies `round the toilet in gym class.
I can hardly imagine how hard dodge ball was on you.  :evillaugh: :tongue:

No, I didn't really ATTEND HS.