Author Topic: I just drove past Obama twice!!  (Read 1637 times)

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
I just drove past Obama twice!!
« on: August 29, 2008, 04:30:50 PM »
I was right behind his convoy on the highway leaving Beaver Pennsylvania (insert snickers about the name Beaver).  Then an hour later I passed his bus on a two lane road leaving Hopewell Pennsylvania.  No bouncy, no conversions, no rants, no obscenities.  Just a boring story. :-)
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Lord Undies

Re: I just drove past Obama twice!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 04:49:19 PM »
You shoulda mooned him.

Offline mamacags

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 05:19:29 PM »
My kids were in the car.  I am not a moonbat.  I figure he has it bad enough today knowing that his boat has been sunk. :rotf:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 05:58:42 PM »
I'm not one to diplay bumber stickers...but I'm actually thinking about getting a McCain/Palin one...

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »
All that is necessary is for McCain to pass him once
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 09:29:50 PM »
I'm not one to diplay bumber stickers...but I'm actually thinking about getting a McCain/Palin one...

I've never had a bumper sticker on any of my vehicles. I'm getting some of this stuff. Cut it to size.  Stick the bumper sticker on it. Stick it on and off any time with ease.

http://www.custom-magnets.com/blank_magnets.htm?OVRAW=magnet%20sheet&OVKEY=magnet%20sheet&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=3145978522&OVKWID=28992629522

Your avatar is HAWT. :cheersmate: :naughty:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:34:56 PM by Tucker13 »
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline mamacags

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 06:37:08 AM »
Wonders if it's a bit odd... that you past him twice  :uhsure:

I didn't "past" him twice.  I was behind him the first time and then I passed him in another town the second time. :hammer:

By the way, one of our family friends was like "HOLY SMOKE YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN TEH CROWD!!!!! SO MANY PEOPLE THERE TO SEE OBAMA!!!!"  I guess she didn't see all of the huge buses that bussed people in to see him.  Why do I think that maybe they were fillers?
Winston Churchill

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 09:23:20 AM »
Did you get to touch the hem of his garment?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 10:10:22 AM »
Wonders if it's a bit odd... that you past him twice  :uhsure:

I didn't "past" him twice.  I was behind him the first time and then I passed him in another town the second time. :hammer:

By the way, one of our family friends was like "HOLY SMOKE YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN TEH CROWD!!!!! SO MANY PEOPLE THERE TO SEE OBAMA!!!!"  I guess she didn't see all of the huge buses that bussed people in to see him.  Why do I think that maybe they were fillers?

watching the FOX coverage, I find it hard to believe that all of those local people came rolling thru in chartered busses, no matter what the security measures were.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 10:24:25 AM »
I was right behind his convoy on the highway leaving Beaver Pennsylvania (insert snickers about the name Beaver).  Then an hour later I passed his bus on a two lane road leaving Hopewell Pennsylvania.  No bouncy, no conversions, no rants, no obscenities.  Just a boring story. :-)

PA?  You should have driven by clinging to your Bible in one hand, and a gun in the other.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline mamacags

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 10:37:24 AM »
There were 4 big chartered busses that left Beaver 30 minutes after him.   Where those people came from, I have no idea.  Beaver is a small town.  Maybe everyone parked at the airport or high schools in the area and bussed in?
Winston Churchill

Offline Lauri

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 11:07:26 AM »
There were 4 big chartered busses that left Beaver 30 minutes after him.   Where those people came from, I have no idea.  Beaver is a small town.  Maybe everyone parked at the airport or high schools in the area and bussed in?

nah, i think its most of his campaign workers..

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 11:11:11 AM »
You passed by the Obamessiah!!!  Can we worship you now, too?

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 03:35:47 PM »
Well at least you didn't faint, come to think of it I haven't heard any osamabama fainting stories since Rush talked about that coincidence at his rallies.  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mamacags

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 05:27:50 PM »
I thought I was going to faint, but it was just a big fart bubble.
Winston Churchill

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 05:36:32 PM »
I thought I was going to faint, but it was just a big fart bubble.

And when the bubble burst :uhsure:
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline mamacags

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 07:15:54 PM »
Two articles in our paper that pissed me off... http://www.timesonline.com/
About 8,000 turn out for Obama rally
The Times/LUCY SCHALY
Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama rallys at Irvine Park in Beaver Friday.
By Bill Vidonic, Times Staff
Published: Friday, August 29, 2008 11:10 PM EDT
BEAVER — Sen. Barack Obama says the upcoming presidential election isn’t about him, but “what’s in your heart and in your minds in terms of where you want to take America.”

But for the estimated 8,000 or so folks crowded in and around Beaver’s Irvine Park Friday night, the focus was squarely on Obama, fresh off Thursday’s acceptance of the Democratic nomination for the presidential race.

But unlike the glitz and glitter of Obama’s Thursday speech in Denver’s Invesco Field football stadium, Friday’s appearance took on more of a Norman Rockwell tone, but with a bit of star-struck adoration mixed in.

As Obama spoke inside the flag-draped gazebo, his running mate, Sen. Joseph Biden, stood nearby and smiled broadly. Their spouses, Michelle Obama and Jill Biden, sat on stools just off the gazebo steps, looking up at Barack Obama as he spoke.  :whatever:

And THIS ONE MADE ME SEE RED!!!!!...
Man arrested for having gun at rally
ADVERTISEMENT

By Bill Vidonic, Times Staff
Published: Friday, August 29, 2008 11:10 PM EDT
BEAVER — An Industry man is facing a disorderly conduct charge for attending the Barack Obama rally in Irvine Park with a loaded gun that was holstered on his hip, according to state police and the Beaver County sheriff’s department.

John Noble, 50, was questioned by police for several hours Friday night after the incident, in which witnesses said he also was passing out fliers with writing about gun rights.

John Atkinson of Vanport Township said he saw Noble passing out the fliers and noticed the small-caliber handgun strapped to the man’s waist. He said he quickly notified nearby deputy sheriffs, and deputies Joseph O’Sche and Rich Yonlisky approached the man as he walked along Market Street.

Atkinson said that when the deputies asked why he had a gun, Noble replied, “Because I’m an American,” and one of the deputies responded, “Well, you’re under arrest.”
Noble was hustled to a nearby vehicle, and state police took him to the Brighton Township barracks to question him.

Beaver County Sheriff George David said that Noble insisted he had a right to have the gun because he has a permit to carry it. It wasn’t clear late Friday whether Noble had a valid permit.)Note: The Beaver County Sheriff is the one that issues the permits for this area.  You would think that maybe they could find out fairly easily if he has a CCW or not. :whatever:
David said Noble “wanted to show his rights.” He said Noble never removed the gun from the holster or threatened anyone.

Noble’s arrest took place around 7 p.m., nearly 90 minutes before Sen. Obama and the rest of his campaign team arrived in Beaver.

Bill Vidonic can be reached online at bvidonic@timesonline.com.

Obama was here much earlier.  They had the whole highway blocked off at 4pm.  There were tons of police cars and what I guess were secret service trucks.
Winston Churchill