Author Topic: THE RE-NEW DEAL: Four simple programs to save the economy now!  (Read 2147 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
THE RE-NEW DEAL: Four simple programs to save the economy now!
« on: January 18, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »
 (1000+ posts)       Fri Jan-18-08 04:13 PM
Original message
THE RE-NEW DEAL: Four simple programs to save the economy now!  
 A lot has been said, by people on all sides, about how to rescue this nation’s failing economy. Sadly, not enough people doing that talking remember their history. To solve our current problems, let’s look back to what the answers were the last time our economy was on such uneven footing.

To any and all Presidential candidates, feel free to steal this from me. After all, I’m stealing it from the greatest President of the twentieth century.

“THE RE-NEW DEAL”

PART ONE: THE CIVILIAN INFRASTRUCTURE CORPS.

Franklin Roosevelt put thousands of men who were out of work into a series of public works projects, the benefits of which are still being felt today. Dwight Eisenhower, likewise, put thousands of unemployed veterans (and civilians) to work building the Interstate Highway System. Sadly, a lot of what these two Presidents did is in bad shape today, and needs immediate attention.

The Civilian Infrastructure Corps will hire unemployed men and women, not to mention providing housing and food, as they swarm throughout this nation rebuilding our infrastructure. Rebuilding bridges, re-paving roads, replacing worn out or overloaded portions of our electrical and communications grid, and building schools. This would not only provide much needed employment for people currently out of work, putting money into their pockets, but our nation would reap the rewards of better roads and more reliable electricity and communications for years to come. Special divisions can be created in the Gulf Coast area, specifically hiring formerly displaced persons to rebuild that destruction as well.

PART TWO: THE SILICON VALLEY AUTHORITY

link
More mad ideas at the link.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:27:58 AM by franksolich »

Offline Lord Undies

Re: THE RE-NEW DEAL: Four simple programs to save the economy now!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 04:37:16 PM »
The DUmmie wants people to give up their cushy jobs and go to work for the highway department?  That's the big plan? 

What did the DUmmie steal from President Reagan?  I never was clear on that part. 

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: THE RE-NEW DEAL: Four simple programs to save the economy now!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 04:44:30 PM »
They should just re-name this thread to "If Santa Were Real"

Failing economy  :bs2flag:

The economy was going in the tank on Klinton's way out, so they are lying about the economy now to try to fool people that it is in the tank on Bush's way out :whatever:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline ReardenSteel

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826