Author Topic: Two weeks of UFO sightings over Texas?!?  (Read 2090 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Two weeks of UFO sightings over Texas?!?
« on: January 18, 2008, 02:33:19 PM »

Shallah  (1000+ posts)     Tue Jan-15-08 08:21 PM
Response to Original message
16. I have seen unidentified flying objects twice. Not sure I would like to see 'em closer
 Not many technologically advanced societies are kind to those have less technology - or even their own kind. Just because a group has more knowledge does not mean they are kind and just.

Anyhooo I always figured many sightings are the alien equivalents of teens hot rodding or going out getting drunk and knocking down a bunch of mail boxes.
Dover  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jan-16-08 06:07 AM
Response to Reply #16
17. I think 'aliens' (other or inter-dimensional beings) probably exist 
 Edited on Wed Jan-16-08 06:46 AM by Dover
though I haven't had the pleasure of making their acquaintance.
However, I don't think about it much so haven't really examined my own feelings about it.

I suppose if they DO exist then I hope they are advanced in ways other than merely technologically.
The ancients who witnessed their presence saw them, perhaps, as Gods, angels or advanced divine beings. And that seems to be our tendency as well. I don't pretend to know what the answer is, but I tend to think that we are all 'aliens' on a journey toward the Divine Light, and some are much MUCH further along than others. And any advanced technology may just be an extension of that.
Good vs. evil are part of our own dualistic rather than holistic experience and perception, so the question of their motives within that context is probably not relevant.

Fun to ponder though!
crikkett  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 12:34 PM
Response to Reply #17
23. Imagine how differently we'll look at other earthlings
 If it turns out we're not so special after all, we might see that animals are people too, and do a better job of tending the planet & making room for them.

My dh just walked in &thinks I'm nuts 
NJCher  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 01:47 PM
Response to Original message
24. extraordinary pic
 If you listen to the discussion on Coast to Coast, some people who watch this phenomena think that the U.S. has technology gained from some situation like the Rowell crash and that it will be brought out soon. It will go a long way toward solving the energy crisis. The thinking is that this is why governments have loosened up the records and have released archives of incidents.

Other thinking is that they know we're in trouble. Various explanations have been offered for why they would care, none of which really mean anything since we know so little about them or their motivations.

link

Sadly no alien bouncy conversions though, someone missed a trick.

Offline Lauri

Re: Two weeks of UFO sightings over Texas?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:53:01 PM »
there was a video on CNN about it .. but the guys filming it sound drunk. the CNN people are kind of making fun of the video, so... i dont really know any more about it than that.

i once had an astronomy professor at UT who had worked for NASA... and he loved everything about space, was a great passionate guy and he believed in UFOs..

he told great stories and there was a time he worked at the McDonald Observatory in East Texas (I think its East) and they have had multiple sitings there at night of lights that scatter on the desert floor and dart around. that phenomina has gone on for years there..

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 04:19:46 PM »
Are there any DUmmies comfortable in their own skin? 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 09:49:44 PM »
there was a video on CNN about it .. but the guys filming it sound drunk. the CNN people are kind of making fun of the video, so... i dont really know any more about it than that.

i once had an astronomy professor at UT who had worked for NASA... and he loved everything about space, was a great passionate guy and he believed in UFOs..

he told great stories and there was a time he worked at the McDonald Observatory in East Texas (I think its East) and they have had multiple sitings there at night of lights that scatter on the desert floor and dart around. that phenomina has gone on for years there..

The MacDonald Observatory is in the Davis Mountains of WEST Texas.  Bout 650 miles from me and I plan to be there with my Harley and about 6 good buddies in about 3 months!  Woooo Hoooo!!!  The lights are in Marfa which is a little south of the observatory.  Really cool place out there and absolutely awesome riding!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 10:34:45 PM »

The MacDonald Observatory is in the Davis Mountains of WEST Texas.  Bout 650 miles from me and I plan to be there with my Harley and about 6 good buddies in about 3 months!  Woooo Hoooo!!!  The lights are in Marfa which is a little south of the observatory.  Really cool place out there and absolutely awesome riding!

KC

ok, youre right... west texas.. its been almost 20 years! cut me a break... ! :)

so have you seen the lights? or you know about them?