Author Topic: General Electric watching Pedro Picasso  (Read 3010 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
General Electric watching Pedro Picasso
« on: January 18, 2008, 03:19:03 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2705707

Oh my.

The media analyst to the primitives, Pedro Picasso:

Atman  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 03:10 PM
Original message

Hmmm...odd coincidence in my web site stats.

As some of you may have noticed, I've been railing against MSNBC and NBC for the past week, referring to them as "General Electric Media." Well, today my web site stats show a long string of visits to my Not Banned Yet web site coming from the General Electric home office.

Could be nothin. After all, what can they do, refuse to sell me a fridge (as if I'd buy a GE anyway?).

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm."

(edited to add link to NBY)

nebenaube (927 posts)     Thu Jan-17-08 03:12 PM
Response to Original message

1. psst...cookie them and then redirect them elsewhere...

Atman  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 03:13 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. Hey, I hadn't thought of that!

Thanks!

gateley  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-17-08 03:15 PM

3. Maybe they're unhappy employees who agree with you.

Atman  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 03:17 PM
Response to Reply #3

5. That's why I don't like to direct people away

You never know, really, who it is. Except, the visits from the NSA and the CIA still make me a bit nervous, but I figure it those guys want to pay me a visit there is probably little I can do to stop them!

intheflow   (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 09:26 PM
Response to Reply #3

12. I know one of those employees! 

Only work in town that pays decently, so that's where he works. But he's not happy about it.

Buzz Clik  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jan-17-08 03:17 PM

4. That may be my fault. I inadvertantly sent all of GE an email ....

... suggesting that your website was featuring pictures of naked teenage boys.

My bad.

Rock_Garden  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 03:20 PM

6. They're checkin' you out, for sure.

BarackBucks (17 posts)      Thu Jan-17-08 03:43 PM

7. Who's that at your door?

Atman  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 03:45 PM
Response to Reply #7

8. Oh, that white panel van is parked out there all the time.

I think it belongs to my neighbor. Must have an awesome a/v setup inside, it's got a small satellite dish and like six antennas!

BarackBucks (17 posts)      Thu Jan-17-08 03:51 PM
Response to Reply #8

10. LOL!

CorpGovActivist  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 03:50 PM

9. I Get Interesting Hits from Time to Time, Too...

... http://www.halwhistleblowers.org /

Try posting the ones of note up.

Dawggie (758 posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 04:16 PM

11. Block their IP addy! Let them know you're on to them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: General Electric watching Pedro Picasso
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 08:23:53 AM »
Pedro thinks he's being watched by our govt? I guess I have missed these types of posts from him. Has he always thought that? What kind of site does he have?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:02:05 AM »
tman  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-17-08 03:10 PM
Original message

Hmmm...odd coincidence in my web site stats.

As some of you may have noticed, I've been railing against MSNBC and NBC for the past week, referring to them as "General Electric Media." Well, today my web site stats show a long string of visits to my Not Banned Yet web site coming from the General Electric home office.

Could be nothin. After all, what can they do, refuse to sell me a fridge (as if I'd buy a GE anyway?).

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm."

Yes folks, it is true: A lifetime of sucking on a bong and eating Cheeto's will induce severe paranoia.
Why do you think they call it dope?
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:42:56 AM »
I would like to visit his web site...anyone have a link?

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 01:14:29 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Frank.  I've reported this breech of cover to my section chief and we'll immediately continue surveillance from different domains and IP's.  We had a newbie on the team who didn't know what he was doing.  He has been dealt with, harshly.

Carry on.


Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 02:20:53 PM »

The link is on Skins's island, but it didn't "transfer" here when I copied-and-pasted.

And, uh, no, I'm not going to do that, Pedro Picasso being as paranoid as he is.

You can get it at my link above, for Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 02:24:17 PM »
Atman, the fact that you run a website and know a bit about traffic seems to belie your knowledge of key words and spiders.

search engines are constantly roaming the internet looking for key words and way to organize the data out there...

all they see are random words and are indexing them... you see a major conspiracy.

typical.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 02:35:33 PM »
Atman, the fact that you run a website and know a bit about traffic seems to belie your knowledge of key words and spiders.

search engines are constantly roaming the internet looking for key words and way to organize the data out there...

all they see are random words and are indexing them... you see a major conspiracy.

typical.

Of course he's paranoid.

That's Pedro Picasso.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 11:19:23 PM »

typical.

Of course he's paranoid.

That's Pedro Picasso.

ya know, i think they've reached the bottom of the barrel... and then no, and i need to stop being so suprised anymore.

they will always find a new level of low..

always.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 08:13:49 AM »

I have to apologize for giving you such a short reply last night, but blame it on the Wisconsin-style temperatures we're having.

Pedro Picasso posted a link to his web-site, at that campfire on Skins's island.

When I copied-and-pasted it, the link didn't "take."

I thought about getting out the snowshoes, the dogsled, and harnessing up the cats to pull it, and slipping over to Skins's island to get it, but then thought, no.  If someone wants to see his web-site, the link's available on Skins's island, but I myself am not interested.

The deal is, Pedro Picasso is ultra-paranoid, and I'm sure it's been an issue he's been given advice on during his most recent therapy and counseling, last December.

Pedro Picasso thinks the whole world is out to get him.

Pedro Picasso actually once alleged franksolich "stalks" him.

All franksolich has ever done is watch Pedro Picasso's campfires on Skins's island.

Nothing more than that.

Pedro Picasso thinks "other people," from George Bush down to General Electric down to franksolich, "know too much" about him, when in blunt fact, George Bush doesn't give any thought to Pedro Picasso even for half a second a month, General Electric doesn't even care he exists, and franksolich knows only what franksolich reads, written by Pedro Picasso.

franksolich knows less about Pedro Picasso than franksolich knows about the high school class of 1993 valedictorian in Wilmette, Oregon, or whoever happens to be standing on the brig of the Cunarder R.M.S. Queen Mary II this morning, or with whom Vladimir Putin is having afternoon tea right now.

That however does not stop Pedro Picasso, in his extreme paranoia, from believing that "other people" "know too much" about him, spy on him, "stalk" him.

The guy is nuts, and any reading of Sigmund Freud would affirm that.  Not nuts enough to have been institutionalized, like the phalloscraping primitive or the subway cat, not nuts enough to have gotten into trouble with law-enforcement, like the hot-tempered bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive, or the malicious cartoon character primitive, but almost so.

You know, it was almost three years ago that Fat Che, the piano-playing sensitive lad, Little Rob from the Malloy board, the "investigator," and the Bostonian Drunkard threatened to come out to the Sandhills and wreak physical havoc upon the body of franksolich.

I didn't worry about that too much--although the neighbors surely did--because these guys wouldn't know the difference between the Sandhills of Nebraska and the jungles of former British East Africa anyway; they would've gotten lost a long long long time before they got here.

However, Pedro Picasso is of a higher intellectual level than these primitives; remember, Pedro Picasso isn't even a primitive himself, being more developed than the primitives.  And so Pedro Picasso could track franksolich down, in his rabid paranoid hysteria thinking franksolich "stalks" him.

I fully expect sometime this coming summer, to be lazily looking out the large windows showing the river to the south of here, and seeing some tall blond-haired blue-eyed guy circa 50 years old, the cuticles of his fingernails a little oddly-curved, a prancing gait to his step, a "little brother" chip on his shoulder, and reeking of that body-odor peculiar to males of European derivation who eat overmuch Oriental food, emerging from the river and the trees, a long-handled axe in his hand, headed my direction.

Alas for Pedro Picasso, he would have to deal with the cats here first.

The guy is nuts.
apres moi, le deluge