Author Topic: Need a vote here!1 Neighbor problem!1 Am I overreacting?!1  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Lauri

Need a vote here!1 Neighbor problem!1 Am I overreacting?!1
« on: January 14, 2008, 03:45:12 PM »
UTUSN  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-13-08 10:58 PM
Original message

O.K., I've lived here in this neighborhood 15+ yrs. It's a quiet street. Next-door, on both sides, there have been renters moving in and out, problems.

So all that is over. NOW, neighbors are NOT renting, are buying and have lived there most of one year without any problems, no loudness, no parties, no PARKING PROBLEMS (my biggest peeve) in front of my house.

So last night it happened. Vehicles up the ya-ya-nanu-nanu all up and down the street, AND in front of my house. However, only for less than an hour (the parking in front of my house) AND there was NO noise from the party.

However, this morning there were (only) TWO pieces of trash in front of my house ---- a plastic cup and a Frito bag.

However, it's like a SLAP --------like, "I not only disrespect you by PARKING, but will also throw TRASH in front of your immaculately manicured a-hole CRAP!1"

O.K., so I need your advice. Am I overreacting? Should I send a picture (yip, I took it) saying, "WHAT A LACK OF RESPECT"?!1

Or, should I wait for two or THREE strikes?! I really value imput. Thanks.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7349735

Shakespeare  Mon Jan-14-08 12:01 AM
Response to Reply #13
19. OMG. You took a picture? Of two little pieces of trash?

I have no words.

But I do feel sorry for your neighbors.

:popcorn:

Offline Lauri

Re: Need a vote here!1 Neighbor problem!1 Am I overreacting?!1
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
puerco-bellies  Mon Jan-14-08 06:14 AM
Response to Original message
25. Oh please,..

You could be living next door to me!!! Our neighborhood is pretty well gentrified and we have one of the worst houses on the block. Our neighbors have paid close to a million dollars for their homes and have to live next to our crapshack. We have a drought proof yard with natural grasses and other drought resistant crap. I can't get the kids to do the work consistently and I'm not to diligent at keeping it up too.

Our house has gone from a gardening problem to a Negligent Wildlife Management situation, I got faced down by a raccoon last night while in my driveway.

Your lucky!!!

well... that sounds just lovely ..

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 03:50:34 PM »
Ikonoklast  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Jan-14-08 10:05 AM
34. I'm trying to figure out if this is performance art, or reality

If it's reality, it is skeeving me out. No one can be wound that tight about such petty nonsense.

As performance art, you need to use MORE CAPS to convey strong emotion, and increase the use of exclamation points!!!!!11!!1!!1!!

its funny... almost all of them in this long thread tell the OP to get over it..   am i at the right DU?  :yawn:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 03:53:17 PM »
You want the "best solution", UTUSN? Just go on a rabid tirade at the next homeowners' association meeting. Study MoPaul/Philosoraptor's posts a bit for some inspiration.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 03:54:46 PM »
UTUSN  Mon Jan-14-08 03:04 PM
47. Summary: I accepted the consensus back in post #13 & am surprised the thread survives.

Edited on Mon Jan-14-08 03:11 PM by UTUSN
Questions continued to pop up, whose answers were already stated.

Yes, they blocked my front entrance but it was at night when I wouldn't be using it and my vehicle is in the back via the alley, into the garage.

While I myself brought up the "overreacting" part and accepted the vast consensus that I *was* (or actually, would be if I went any further than I did), the context is that this situation is new to THESE NEIGHBORS, but not to me, who have hassled with a slew of renters before these (buyers)---including some who had HUGH parties EVERY Saturday night, outside with loud music, and guests who urinated out in the street, also in front of my house.

No, I will not discard the pic of the Frito bag, and it's not so ridiculous as it seems. Later on, if serious problems evolve, I will have documentation of EVERY escalation.

Yes, it is a public street, and I fully realize that parking is totally permissible. When I first researched the possibilities years ago a cop said this parking can continue up to 48 hours and then the vehicle needs to drive around the block and can re-park for another 48 hours. AND that I can't DEMAND, but can ASK that they not park there. Yeah-right, like the likelihood of a polite response is high---NOT!1

Talking to the neighbors is not an option---by THEIR choice. The first thing they did was to put up a wooden privacy fence at their alley, although not between our two properties, where there is a chain-link fence. They seldom are outside. They do not clean or cut the grass in the alley outside of their wooden fence. Their yard in the back is littered with cardboard boxes of their various purchases. They pay a yardman, who doesn't come very often. They don't pick up the free- Bargain newspapers on their own front yard.

Believe me, two pieces of litter is nothing to me. I even sweep the edge of my curb, and cut the grass and pick up the more extensive trash in the alley, not only my section, but the two lots east of mine.

The whole issue for me was respect. The people who parked went out of their way to show contempt by dumping their two pieces of litter, one of them on top of an asparagus-fern plant.

Also, since beginning the research on the extent of our rights, I found out that I am required to tend the strip of ground outside my fence, am required by the post office to keep my mail box out there for the mail truck to drive by, and I paid for the walkway including the part outside of my fence-------but I have NO say-so as to what people do out there.

To those who replied politely to this discussion, thank you. To the rest, well, I never fail to be surprised and taken aback by rudeness and ugliness.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »
You want the "best solution", UTUSN? Just go on a rabid tirade at the next homeowners' association meeting. Study MoPaul/Philosoraptor's posts a bit for some inspiration.

this is why you meet and make friends with people right away... they feel less tense about the small stuff, and you can generally talk out the rest of it.

the OP is a wee bit tightly wound ..

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 04:03:50 PM »
No, I will not discard the pic of the Frito bag, and it's not so ridiculous as it seems. Later on, if serious problems evolve, I will have documentation of EVERY escalation.

Believe me, two pieces of litter is nothing to me. I even sweep the edge of my curb, and cut the grass and pick up the more extensive trash in the alley, not only my section, but the two lots east of mine.

Good grief...  the words "anal retentive" seem to come to mind here...

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 04:06:20 PM »
Ikonoklast  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Jan-14-08 10:05 AM
34. I'm trying to figure out if this is performance art, or reality

If it's reality, it is skeeving me out. No one can be wound that tight about such petty nonsense.

As performance art, you need to use MORE CAPS to convey strong emotion, and increase the use of exclamation points!!!!!11!!1!!1!!

its funny... almost all of them in this long thread tell the OP to get over it..   am i at the right DU?  :yawn:

You must remember that most of these folks are hippies.  Need I say more?   :whatever:   :-)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 04:18:15 PM »
The people who parked went out of their way to show contempt by dumping their two pieces of litter, one of them on top of an asparagus-fern plant.
Calling Flippy-Doo, this is an emergency. We detect the presence of asparagus-fern plant abuse.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 06:36:58 PM »
The people who parked went out of their way to show contempt by dumping their two pieces of litter, one of them on top of an asparagus-fern plant.
Calling Flippy-Doo, this is an emergency. We detect the presence of asparagus-fern plant abuse.

Better make it snappy!! This could escalate very quickly to involve CABBAGE if nothing is done!!  :tazeme:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 06:50:33 PM »
UTUSN  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-13-08 10:58 PM
Original message

O.K., I've lived here in this neighborhood 15+ yrs.

15 years and the DUmmie is just finding out the street and sidewalks are public domain?  That's even more hilarious than taking photos of an errant Frito bag.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 07:00:39 PM »
To a typical world revolves around them DUmmie it is a wonder they ever did.
Notice how difficult it is for them to accept it too. :rotf:

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 07:04:05 PM »
UTUSN  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-13-08 10:58 PM
Original message

However, this morning there were (only) TWO pieces of trash in front of my house ---- a plastic cup and a Frito bag.

O.K., so I took a picture of my hands and sent it to my neighbors with a letter stating that if they don't clean up the trash, they will get "The Hand"!

fixed
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 07:04:29 PM »
WOW.  Someone really needs to visit the insane person doctor.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 11:08:05 PM »
I'm glad he's not my neighbor.  I'm the bad neighbor, but they cut me some slack.  My yard is constantly overgrown and I need to mulch all the leaves in my yard still.  I just got a lawnmower, I expect cheers from the street when they see me out there.  But they know it's a non-married girl that owns this house, so they've been nice about it. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 11:31:41 PM »
I'm glad he's not my neighbor.  I'm the bad neighbor, but they cut me some slack.  My yard is constantly overgrown and I need to mulch all the leaves in my yard still.  I just got a lawnmower, I expect cheers from the street when they see me out there.  But they know it's a non-married girl that owns this house, so they've been nice about it. 

yeah, but you just moved in and its winter.. that dufus up above has lived there for years and seems to revel in his crappy yard and unsightly house.

Offline Papakvapilak

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 04:47:59 PM »
My neighbor leaves shell casings and an occasional beer can in my driveway.  What's the problem? :evillaugh:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 04:56:19 PM »
Sounds like he needs some Metamucil. It also sounds like the neighbors are having a go at him. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 05:15:31 PM »
That's why if a DUmmy moves in next door, buy a gun.  Eventually they will fly off the deep end, come screaming insults into your front yard... and if you smile while backing into your house like you're scared... and they follow you... you can legally shoot them.



Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 06:23:17 PM »
That's why if a DUmmy moves in next door, buy a gun.  Eventually they will fly off the deep end, come screaming insults into your front yard... and if you smile while backing into your house like you're scared... and they follow you... you can legally shoot them.

I was thinking we'd have to use those live-animal traps?    then you dont' have to clean up the ammo shells afterwards?   Plus you can pay shipping and handling to send 'em where they REALLY want to go.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 02:27:18 PM »
you know what we did DUmmy? we made friends with the neighbors right away .. they have actually turned into great friends now who we barbeque with, share our kids with and have happy hour with every so often.

we nip the small things in the bud with humor and play a lot of scrabble lately...

our kids roam from house to house, and we all know they are safe and well fed.

why on earth would you spend that much time and energy being pissed off all the time??

seems pointless to me and easily resolved... just go talk to them. they are probably far nicer than you realize.