Author Topic: D'Backs hurt the Rockies  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
D'Backs hurt the Rockies
« on: April 12, 2008, 05:47:49 PM »
The D'Backs continue their run with a 10-3 win over the Rockies. While I am enjoying this immensely I also understand that baseball is a funny game. The tide could turn next week and a team could go on a 10 game losing streak, I hope that doesn't happen of course but baseball if funny that way.

In the mean time...........

GO D'BACKS!
They are playing great ball and the Big Unit should be starting soon.....

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: D'Backs hurt the Rockies
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »
The D'Backs continue their run with a 10-3 win over the Rockies. While I am enjoying this immensely I also understand that baseball is a funny game. The tide could turn next week and a team could go on a 10 game losing streak, I hope that doesn't happen of course but baseball if funny that way.

GO D'BACKS!

yep, at this rate (.800 pct), Az will finish 130-32.   :bow: :-)

and why would you want johnson back?  the last time he pitched more than 50 innings without breaking, his
ERA was what, 5?  Az is leading the NL in staff ERA.  I think just about everything is working for that team
right now;  I think I would leave it alone.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 12:40:49 PM »

GO D'BACKS!

yep, at this rate (.800 pct), Az will finish 130-32.   :bow: :-)

and why would you want johnson back?  the last time he pitched more than 50 innings without breaking, his
ERA was what, 5?  Az is leading the NL in staff ERA.  I think just about everything is working for that team
right now;  I think I would leave it alone.

We will have to wait and see how he does. He will never be the power pitcher he once was but if he is healthy he has good stuff. If he comes back on top of this game that will give us two strong lefthanders in the rotation when Davis gets back. Time will tell whether or not his back will hold up, he's what? 43 years old...

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 07:16:22 PM »

wow.  the rox got some payback today, 13-5.  that's the kind of score you expect to see at coors field, not the canyon that Az play in. :-)

Offline jendf

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 07:40:35 PM »

wow.  the rox got some payback today, 13-5.  that's the kind of score you expect to see at coors field, not the canyon that Az play in. :-)

Oy. That wasn't pretty. I think the Rox finally snapped.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 07:56:50 PM »

at least you didn't get beat 1-0 by 85 year old greg maddux.  :whatever: I don't think the dodgers are going to stink this year, but they are doing an awfully good imitation of "sucks" right now. :-)

Offline jendf

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:40:48 PM »

at least you didn't get beat 1-0 by 85 year old greg maddux.  :whatever: I don't think the dodgers are going to stink this year, but they are doing an awfully good imitation of "sucks" right now. :-)

LOL! At least the point margin wasn't so big. Small victories right?  :-)

As I was listening to the D-backs getting pummelled today, I was thinking, "Hmm, now I know how WE feels nearly every night."

:tongue:  :-)

Yeah, I know. Karma will come back to bite me for that one. Or worse yet, it will come back and bite the D-backs.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:42:54 PM by jendf »

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 09:41:23 PM »

LOL! At least the point margin wasn't so big. Small victories right?  :-)

As I was listening to the D-backs getting pummelled today, I was thinking, "Hmm, now I know how WE feels nearly every night."

:tongue:  :-)

Yeah, I know. Karma will come back to bite me for that one. Or worse yet, it will come back and bite the D-backs.

they don't get mortally clobbered every night.  it's only when they play Az. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 09:49:57 PM »

[snip]

johnson is pitching against the giants tonight.  I am flipping over to watch that game in between innings of the dodgers game.  he's doing ok. 

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 10:18:25 PM »

well, he was doing okay.  I just flipped back over, and it looks like he gave up 3 runs in the second inning.  the dbacks came right back to tie it 3-3.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 12:21:26 AM »
takashi saito gave up a three run bomb to put the pirates up 6-4 in the ninth.  the dodgers very cooperatively
rolled over in the bottom half of the inning by striking out twice, and rolling out to first.  that one freaking stung. :banghead:

in SF, I saw steven drew let a double play ball go through his legs in the seventh to put runners on the corners
with no out.  I flipped back to the LA game, but SF must have scored a couple;  they are up 5-4.  maybe drew's
blunder won't prove to be as fatal as saito's.

hind sight is 20-20, but broxton was untouchable in the 8th for LA.  I think the whole closer school of thought is incredibly
overrated.  if you don't have a gagne (in his heyday, mind you) in that spot, I'm not sure it's worth an entire roster spot
for a guy that might pitch 60 or 70 innings a year.    I can almost understand having a LOOGY in the bullpen, especially
if your division is rich in quality left handed hitters.  or maybe I'm just pissed off right now. :-)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:22:59 AM by Wretched Excess »

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 12:41:46 AM »

nope.  blunders cost LA and Az big tonight.  giants win 5-4.  that puts the dodgers in the NL west cellar. :thatsright:

all of the giants runs tonight were unearned, I believe.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 05:07:24 AM »
takashi saito gave up a three run bomb to put the pirates up 6-4 in the ninth.  the dodgers very cooperatively
rolled over in the bottom half of the inning by striking out twice, and rolling out to first.  that one freaking stung. :banghead:

in SF, I saw steven drew let a double play ball go through his legs in the seventh to put runners on the corners
with no out.  I flipped back to the LA game, but SF must have scored a couple;  they are up 5-4.  maybe drew's
blunder won't prove to be as fatal as saito's.

hind sight is 20-20, but broxton was untouchable in the 8th for LA.  I think the whole closer school of thought is incredibly
overrated.  if you don't have a gagne (in his heyday, mind you) in that spot, I'm not sure it's worth an entire roster spot
for a guy that might pitch 60 or 70 innings a year.    I can almost understand having a LOOGY in the bullpen, especially
if your division is rich in quality left handed hitters.  or maybe I'm just pissed off right now. :-)

The Mets have two--Scott Schoeneweis and Pedro Feliciano.  Why?  Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Brian McCann, and turning around Mark Teixeria to his weaker side . . . There's others (Mike Jacobs, for one), but those four come to mind as dangerous to face.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.