Author Topic: D'Backs sweep the Rockies  (Read 7445 times)

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
D'Backs sweep the Rockies
« on: April 06, 2008, 05:57:15 PM »
It was a 1 nothing contest all day until Mark Reynolds hit a two run homer in the bottom of the 8th....Then Brandon Lyon gave up a home run and the game was tied(second blown save for Lyon) The D'Backs came back in extra innings to beat the Rockies 5-2, the season is off to a good start... :-) :-)

GO D'BACKS
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 05:59:38 PM by Bondai »

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: D'Backs sweep the Rockies
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:04:12 PM »
It was a 1 nothing contest all day until Mark Reynolds hit a two run homer in the bottom of the 8th....Then Brandon Lyon gave up a home run and the game was tied(second blown save for Lyon) The D'Backs came back in extra innings to beat the Rockies 5-2, the season is off to a good start... :-) :-)

GO D'BACKS

and are tied for first place in the NL west with LA, who arrives in AZ for a three game series starting tomorrow.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »

and isn't that the dbacks home opener?

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 06:06:18 PM »

GO D'BACKS

and are tied for first place in the NL west with LA, who arrives in AZ for a three game series starting tomorrow.

Correct a mundo...I am going to try and be there.... :-)

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »
LA took two of three from SD over the weekend, by the way.   kuroda won his debut friday night, peavy totally shut them down yesterday, and hoffman blew another save this afternoon.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »

GO D'BACKS

Correct a mundo...I am going to try and be there.... :-)

tomorrow's pitching matchup is, uh, unexciting. :whatever:
LAD: Loaiza (0-1, 3.38 ERA)
ARI: Haren (0-0, 4.50 ERA)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 09:55:33 PM »

this is turning out about like I thought it would.  loaiza got pummeled for four runs in the first, and Az leads 4-1 in the bottom of the 5th.

chan ho park is pitching for LA now.  what a blast from the past.

I hope at least bondai and jendf are enjoying this. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 07:49:30 AM »

I was posting over at a baseball board during the game last night, and it was the
consensus that Az is going to be the team to beat this season.  maybe it was just
the 8-3 final score, and the three homeruns . . . .

and as I said last year;  they are so young, that when they do get good, they will be
good for a very long time.  well, they are good.  the rest of the NL west had better
get used to it.

eric byrnes needs a ritalin, though. :-)

Offline jendf

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 09:33:49 AM »

this is turning out about like I thought it would.  loaiza got pummeled for four runs in the first, and Az leads 4-1 in the bottom of the 5th.

The game was quite enjoyable last night, wasn't it?  :-) I had a blast.

Offline jendf

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 09:34:56 AM »

I was posting over at a baseball board during the game last night, and it was the
consensus that Az is going to be the team to beat this season.  maybe it was just

and as I said last year;  they are so young, that when they do get good, they will be
good for a very long time.  well, they are good.  the rest of the NL west had better
get used to it.

Correction: The score was 9-3.  :tongue:

And Eric Byrnes is a saint. I worship at the church of Bob Melvin. Weeeeee!  :evillaugh:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 10:08:17 AM »

get used to it.

Correction: The score was 9-3.  :tongue:

And Eric Byrnes is a saint. I worship at the church of Bob Melvin. Weeeeee!  :evillaugh:

I must be blocking the memory of the last run. :-)  Heavens knows I probably need therapy after that
whoopin'.

I really didn't expect much considering it was loaiza on the mound, but after coming back from 4-0 to
make it 4-3 in the sixth, I foolishly allowed myself to be encouraged.  silly me. :thatsright:

andruw jones looks like he has tourette's syndrome at the plate.  juan pierre keeps on showing up on
the lineup card, which is a very bad thing in and of itself.  scott proctor, one of LA's better relievers, gave
up four runs on four hits in less than inning.  and dan haren threw about 30 straight fastballs in the 3rd and
4th inning, just daring someone to actually hit one;  and until jeff kent parked one in the 4th, LA was utterly
unable to touch him.  it was just a mess.  and he just didn't look "dominating".  LA just looked pathetic.

having said all of that, I was also quite upset when all of those homeruns that Az hit reentered the earth's
atmosphere; several of them came down in south carolina. :o

oh, and to top it all off, I got to watch the arizona feed last night, instead of vin.  your play-by-play guy
is definitely going to pop a vein soon.  seriously.  dood needs prozac. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »

not especially.  well, as a matter of fact, not at all.  not even a little bit.  "fun" must be a zero sum
game, and you got my share last night. :-) :-)

the pitching matchup doesn't suck as much tonight for LA:
LAD: Billingsley (0-0, 3.86 ERA)
ARI: Davis (0-1, 4.91 ERA)

but they aren't going to beat many people scoring three runs a night.

Offline jendf

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 11:35:24 AM »
having said all of that, I was also quite upset when all of those homeruns that Az hit reentered the earth's
atmosphere; several of them came down in south carolina. :o

oh, and to top it all off, I got to watch the arizona feed last night, instead of vin.  your play-by-play guy
is definitely going to pop a vein soon.  seriously.  dood needs prozac. :-)

Ha! I don't have cable so I honestly don't know our TV commentators. I listen on radio when I can't go to Chase.

What can I say? We've got Al McCoy for the Suns at least! Whom, by the way, was in line in front of me at the Barnes and Noble on Saturday. Shazam! Oh, brother!

Offline jendf

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 11:36:01 AM »

not especially.  well, as a matter of fact, not at all.  not even a little bit.  "fun" must be a zero sum

Last pitching outing for Davis before his surgery. I bet he goes out with a bang.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »

ah, hope springs eternal.  kemp in RF, ethier in LF.  we are juan pierreless tonight. :-)  gary bennett is catching, though, and russell martin is sitting. :(

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 11:47:26 PM »

Last pitching outing for Davis before his surgery. I bet he goes out with a bang.

tonight looked remarkably like last night.  :thatsright: :-)

Offline jendf

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 11:57:13 PM »

The D-backs certainly seem to have the Dodgers' number this time around. There's always tomorrow, WE.  :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 12:05:30 AM »

The D-backs certainly seem to have the Dodgers' number this time around. There's always tomorrow, WE.  :-)

I figured you would be by tonight. :-)  we have gotten pasted two nights in a row.   down 5 runs in the bottom of the 8th, though,  and I am still watching the carnage. :thatsright:

tomorrow we are running our most recent japanese acquisition to the mound, kuroda.  he has only pitched in the major
leagues once, but he did pretty well.  but he's a #5 starter, and you saw what happened to #4 tonight.  (loisa, the guy who
pitched last night, is a fill in guy;  I expected him to get shelled)

and, whoa, those freaking kids can HIT. :bow:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 08:38:33 AM »

ah, hope springs eternal.  kemp in RF, ethier in LF.  we are juan pierreless tonight. :-)  gary bennett is catching, though, and russell martin is sitting. :(

How'd that work out for ya, Wretch?  :tongue:

Then again, if the Mets could hit the (expletive deleted) ball, or could field a 3-6-1 DP properly, Ollie Perez wins that game, as Scott Schoeneweis got Pat Burrell to fly out next.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 09:47:35 AM »

Then again, if the Mets could hit the (expletive deleted) ball, or could field a 3-6-1 DP properly, Ollie Perez wins that game, as Scott Schoeneweis got Pat Burrell to fly out next.

kemp did great!  (3-5 with a run scored).   gary bennett, not so much.  the game in general, not at all.   ::)  :banghead:  :-)

if these kids aren't just on a hot streak, then the rest of the NL west had better start panicking right about now.

Offline jendf

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »
if these kids aren't just on a hot streak, then the rest of the NL west had better start panicking right about now.

I don't think it's just a hot streak. At least I'm hoping it's not. They work well together and seem to feed off each other's awesomeness.  They've matured some and are only going to get better.

My excitement is two-fold right now. I love that my Diamondbacks are rocking right now and I picked Mark Reynolds and Orlando Hudson in my Fantasy Baseball draft. Currently in first place.  Go me. :-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 02:52:55 PM »

kemp did great!  (3-5 with a run scored).   gary bennett, not so much.  the game in general, not at all.   ::)  :banghead:  :-)

With a 1-2 punch of Webb and Haren, that's tough to beat.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 03:53:19 PM »

With a 1-2 punch of Webb and Haren, that's tough to beat.

we didn't get webb, but the pitching wasn't really the biggest problem.  it was the 10 freakin' runs
they scored every night.  THAT is tough to beat.   :thatsright: :censored: :-)

I am going to get even though.  I am going to slip dilantin into eric byrnes' gatoraid.   :evillaugh:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 09:04:56 PM »

It's a

but at least LA held them under a touchdown this time. :thatsright: :-)

at the moment, I am entirely too busy being happy that baseball has returned to be
too upset about getting swept by a team that we went 10-8 against last year, including
winning 6 of 9 at their place, but still finished 8 games behind them.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 04:10:49 AM »

It's a

but at least LA held them under a touchdown this time. :thatsright: :-)

at the moment, I am entirely too busy being happy that baseball has returned to be
too upset about getting swept by a team that we went 10-8 against last year, including
winning 6 of 9 at their place, but still finished 8 games behind them.

At least your starter didn't give up seven runs by the end of the third, with six of those seven unearned . . . like Kyle Kendrick did against the Mets last night.

Chase her.