Author Topic: The Jets are in the playoffs!  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
The Jets are in the playoffs!
« on: January 03, 2010, 10:04:43 PM »
Well I suppose since it is only part way into the 4th and even though up 37-0 the "same ole Jets" may yet find a way to lose.  :p

Forgetting that they still do stand imo a shot against the Bengals again next week but if so after that probably not.
Hopefully is a good moving forward year still and I will celebrate for tonight.  :cheersmate:

Offline catsmtrods

Re: The Jets are in the playoffs!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 04:46:02 AM »

Watching the game I didn't get the feeling the Bengals were laying down. They just got beat at the line and that's what counts in football. I say the Jets will win and if they go on and win the superbowl the new stadium should be Jets Stadium after the Giants showed they have no heart. Man they were a disgrace to the uniform today and last week.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:50:16 AM by catsmtrods »
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 06:26:29 AM »
Watching the game I didn't get the feeling the Bengals were laying down. They just got beat at the line and that's what counts in football. I say the Jets will win and if they go on and win the superbowl the new stadium should be Jets Stadium after the Giants showed they have no heart. Man they were a disgrace to the uniform today and last week.

I am kind of an island in the middle of a sea of Giant blue here so usually I take a certain amount of delight in any G men disaster but that was just pitiful yesterday.
I have to believe they were playing for a new couch.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:17:10 AM »
In the pool here at work, I've got the Jets knocking Cincy out . . . but then losing in Peyton's Place. 

Noon tomorrow . . . get to see Faith Hill for the last time this season. :bawl:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.