Author Topic: NFL Week 2 . . .  (Read 1415 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
NFL Week 2 . . .
« on: September 20, 2009, 11:56:23 AM »
Almost put "Week 3" in the title.  :thatsright:

Flipping between the NSC race at NHIS and the Pats-Jets game for a while.  Should be good!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: NFL Week 2 . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 12:34:13 PM »
I might actually have to break down and go to the sports bar to watch both.  I'm glad I'm not fighting the traffic coming out of Loudon today, though.  It's mostly 2-lane highways until you get to I-93 at Concord.  16 miles of hell.  At least were I to go, I'd take the northern route--little easier that way to get around.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 03:46:05 PM »
The pussification of Tom Brady is now complete.  He looked like a scared school girl out there.   Gisele has destroyed the QB he once was.   He should retire and model full time now.

Of all the things I could have done today and I sat through that disaster of a game.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 05:28:40 PM »
My seahawks are giving me fits and making me drink.  :banghead:

Fun to watch the Bungles beat the Packers this afternoon though.  :p

Good Sunday night game coming. Go Giants (cuz screw the Cowgirls)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 08:06:23 PM »
Congrats to last nights Giants team, good win there.

Very quick start to Monday Night Football.

Game tied at 7 quickly with both teams moving the ball well early.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 08:48:05 PM »
Things have slowed for both sides and the Phin's are playing some good ball control football. (also winning on field pos.)

It's a shame cuz I need like 11 manning TD's to win at fantasy football.  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 09:07:14 PM »
Halftime and tied at 13 with an Indy FG bank shot.

Time to go out for a smoke.  :cheersmate:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 08:27:24 AM »
WHO DAT!
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 08:48:35 AM »
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent