Author Topic: Nadin discusses dropping bombs on Japan  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Nadin discusses dropping bombs on Japan
« on: August 06, 2013, 02:31:22 PM »
Not sure if she has "nuclear strategist" on her resume, but based on this B.S. post she probably should now:

nadinbrzezinski (124,461 posts)

Some facts on dropping the two bombs

Last edited Tue Aug 6, 2013, 03:12 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Fact 1....Strategic bombing as practiced by all sides, including the Japanese, killed far more people than the two A bombs ever did...Dresden and Tokyo saw far more casualties in a few hours than either, or even both Hiroshima or Nagasaki ever did. This includes the Hiroshima maidens, followed to this day.

Fact 2... The high command truly was surprised at what those devices did in a matter of minutes. They truly did not expect it.

Fact 3...total war, which all combatants engaged in, is nasty business. And all did, from the strategic campaigns of the Germans and the British and Americans, see Dresden and Tokyo. To the war in Asia practiced by Japan, see the Rape of Nanking for example...or the bombing of London and the Battle of Britain.

Fact 4... Which you obviously do not know, targeting in both cities focused on military facilities. Granted, the type of bomb meant that this affected civilians.

Fact 5...best case Japan was divided in half at the high command about surrender.

Fact 6... Even after Nagasaki, and the Emperor's speech, a Major attempted a coup, to continue fighting.

Fact 7... Yes, casualties, allied casualties were estimated at a million plus, and Japanese civilians were trained to resist the allies. I personally doubt it would have been that high after the initial phase...but estimates are what they are.

Fact 8...which does not shock me you do not know...check when the Russians declared war on Japan, when Russian troops moved into China, and the demands from the Russians.

I could continue, in giving context...but to some Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened in a magical vacuum, completely separate from the war

Finally, chew on this...there was a race to develop a nuclear bomb. If the Germans completed it, they were in the process of developing a strategic bomber with range to New York. They sent near the end of the war, an Uranium shipment to their allies in Japan in a Sub. The Japanese also had a nuclear program, and they would have used it, if they were first.

We know now the Russians had a project in diapers as well.

Nukes have done something else...they have prevented WW III...I am convinced the Cold War would have gone not just hot, but very hot if nukes and Mutually Assured Destruction was not present.

But serious, every year we have the same ignorant posts positing that the bombings happened in a historic vacuum, and personally...they signify a willful ignorance of history that is just face palm worthy.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Nadin discusses dropping bombs on Japan
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 02:52:18 PM »
Tue Aug 6, 2013, 03:11 PM
nadinbrzezinski (124,462 posts)

Fact 4... Which you obviously do not know

Fact 8...which does not shock me you do not know
She must think she's the only DUmpmonkey who watches the Discovery Channel.

Next week she'll be an expert on sharks.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »

Flying sharks
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
This isn't a Nadin post, it's far too well spoken.  The Russians did have a nuclear program, their idea was to steal everything they could from the United States.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Online Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 03:06:44 PM »

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 03:27:46 PM »

Flying sharks

Nope.  Prehistoric extinct sharks:popcorn: :cheers1:

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 03:31:38 PM »
nadinbrzezinski (124,461 posts)

Fact 4... Which you obviously do not know, targeting in both cities focused on military facilities. Granted, the type of bomb meant that this affected civilians. Britain's Bomber Command initiated "terror bombing" of entire cities only to destroy the will to wage war.

Fact 5...best case Japan was divided in half at the high command about surrender. Not willing after Hiroshima, but divided 3-3 after Nagasaki with the Emperor breaking the tie.

Fact 8...which does not shock me you do not know...check when the Russians declared war on Japan, when Russian troops moved into China, and the demands from the Russians. Russia had no effect on the outcome of WW2 in the Pacific. Russia's interest in declaring war against Japan was only an attempted land grab which MacArthur quickly prevented.

I could continue, in giving context...but to some Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened in a magical vacuum, completely separate from the war

Finally, chew on this...there was a race to develop a nuclear bomb. If the Germans completed it, they were in the process of developing a strategic bomber with range to New York. They sent near the end of the war, an Uranium shipment to their allies in Japan in a Sub (Which which the British sank in mid-Atlantic because the German sub could not submerge.).

...I am convinced the Cold War would have gone not just hot, but very hot if nukes and Mutually Assured Destruction was not present. (Uh-oh, is the world's smartest news reporter allowed to say that?)
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 03:40:45 PM »
nads thinks...there's a laugh.

Look at the order of battle for Operation Downfall.  None of the casualty estimates went past the first 60 days, and only one included Navy casualties.  If Iwo Jima and Okinawa taught the American generals and admirals anything, it's that the probable casualty rates would be much, MUCH WORSE.

And one other tidbit to consider--America was going broke by mid-1945.  Couple that with the fact the American public was tired of war by that point, and a speedy end to the war was a must.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 03:50:04 PM »
Ah, must be their annual "America is evil because they dropped the atomic bomb" hissy fit. They act like complete kooks and then wonder why their leadership ignores them. Even if the pols are as whacko as the primitives, they don't want their name tied to these loons. If I see that Grayson nut over there agreeing with them, then they would have one fellow quack in their corner. But I doubt he'll even touch that.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 05:06:09 PM »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »
Nagasaki was not the original target, Kokura (sp?) was overcast and the chase planes with the cameras would not have been able to get good footage.  I won a trivia contest at the local pub one night with that.  Free beer and wings!!

I have met the former Major General Sweeney pilot of Bocks car in Quincy Mass.  Another hero of mine.  A great read is War's End written by Sweeney.

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »
The gNads doesn't know the difference between the gun barrel insertion device and the implosion device.
I'm waiting for her dissertation about the benefits of the Teller/Ulam fusion weapon over the layer-cake design.
Hey. gNads, who was Leo Szilard?
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »
This isn't a Nadin post, it's far too well spoken. 
Yep. Picked that up right away. I checked out the thread, she doesn't give credit to an author.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »
...I am convinced the Cold War would have gone not just hot, but very hot if nukes

She was convinced we crossed the Rubicon when that nut shot the bluedog Congresslady in Arizona.

She was convinced there would be masses of dead Japanese and Americans from "Fuku".

She was convinced a couple of months ago the Norks would be flinging nuclear warheads at Japan.

The crazy bald dwarf is the most ignorant, hysterical DUmmy in the DUmp.

As a trained historian, I doubt she knows which side won the Civil War.

She is the absolute epitome of a Top DUmmy.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 05:53:24 PM »
I will never include gNads on my Top DUmmie list.
Mainly just to piss her off.  :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 06:04:41 PM »
Wow....the trained Hysterian is stepping on quite a few Progressive shibboleths with that post.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 07:56:49 PM »
Well now Melanie has sent the nutcase over the edge.

She's really disappointed in the DUmp.
Response to Th1onein (Reply #45)
Tue Aug 6, 2013, 05:29 PM
nadinbrzezinski (124,507 posts)

There are days I wonder about the willful ignorance in this place.

And with that, the crazy bald dwarf puts the field another lap down.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 08:14:41 PM »

Source of her smarts.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »
Flying sharks

Dropped from tornadoes.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 04:56:25 PM »
The gNads doesn't know the difference between the gun barrel insertion device and the implosion device.
I'm waiting for her dissertation about the benefits of the Teller/Ulam fusion weapon over the layer-cake design.
Hey. gNads, who was Leo Szilard?

Wasn't he the back up drummer for the Archies? (Nads most likely answer)

MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 05:16:17 PM »
Dropped from tornadoes.

Happy fun Ball beat you to it on page 1.

As for nads post, am I the only one who is inclined to agree with her assessment ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 06:58:51 PM »
Happy fun Ball beat you to it on page 1.

As for nads post, am I the only one who is inclined to agree with her assessment ?

Since she cut and pasted it, I'm not entirely sure what her assessment is.  I do agree with whoever actually wrote it.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 08:32:28 PM »
Since she cut and pasted it, I'm not entirely sure what her assessment is.  I do agree with whoever actually wrote it.
You're a good man, Bad Dog !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.