Author Topic: In FL there are Blacks who shoot Whites and use SYG and get off.  (Read 1006 times)

Offline thundley4

GreenStormCloud (11,050 posts)  Tue Jul 23, 2013, 02:54 PM

In FL there are Blacks who shoot Whites and use SYG and get off.
The Tampa Bay Times http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-ground-law/nonfatal-cases has been assembling the details of all shooting cases that involved SYG since the law was inacted. Some are fatalities, some are only woundings. The web site is interactive so you can set it to show whatever detail that you want to, including details of individual cases. Most shooting are between people of the same race. Setting the filter for black on white shootings, adding fatalities and woundings for total shootings we find:

Black on White - 4 convicted, 12 justified, 4 pending
White on Black - 3 convicted, 14 justified, 5 pending

Total of all SYG claims:
59 convicted, 143 justified, 35 pending

So SYG isn't used that often, is not a shoot anybody for free card, and is not for-Whites-only.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023322252

The DUmmies immediately go off topic and some of course try and deny that the laws favor blacks over whites. 

Offline ChuckJ

Re: In FL there are Blacks who shoot Whites and use SYG and get off.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 05:10:35 AM »
Response to Mojo Electro (Reply #137)Tue Jul 23, 2013, 09:43 PM
Raine1967 (3,318 posts)
203. BULL SHIT. Go away.

I don't need your 77 posts to come in here and talk down me.

I'm sure the rain DUmmie has plenty of others that talk down to it.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 05:58:24 AM »
Response to Mojo Electro (Reply #137)Tue Jul 23, 2013, 09:43 PM
Raine1967 (3,318 posts)
203. BULL SHIT. Go away.

I don't need your 77 posts to come in here and talk down me.

"Because SHUT UP, that's why."
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 07:04:16 AM »
The offending comment that got raineynumbers panties in a wad...
Response to Raine1967 (Reply #6)

Tue Jul 23, 2013, 07:13 PM

Mojo Electro (77 posts)

137. It's a known fact about this case.

She went out to the garage, retrieved the pistol from the car that was in the garage, came back and fired a shot close to the guy's head. Also it was his house and, although they were married, she had not moved in yet.

Apparently he had been abusing her, and the scumbag absolutely deserved much more than a warning shot. But, she was sent up the river by manditory minimums regarding the use of a firearm during a the commission of a crime.

This case is vastly different from the Zimmerman case.... they have virtually nothing in common.
Poor Mojo stated the truth, and is now under the mirt microscope.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 07:25:58 AM »
PhDD is in it up to her PFDs over there.

She will blow an aneurysm* someday.

*Not to be confused with "blowing her doctoral advisors to get that PhD in South American Studies".
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 07:27:51 AM »
God it is amazing how utterly blind they are to facts when presented to them.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 08:35:07 AM »
Trying to get these idiots to focus is like trying to herd cats.  They (DUmbasses) do understand that the SYG wasn't even used in the GZ trial. 
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 08:58:46 AM »
Why do the DUmmies hate blacks so much that they don't want them to be able to defend themselves?

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »
Why do the DUmmies hate blacks so much that they don't want them to be able to defend themselves?

Because they are democrats and by definition racist and hateful.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 09:07:24 AM »

That would be the first step of standing on the own feet and leaving the DemocRAT plantation.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 09:14:35 AM »
God it is amazing how utterly blind they are to facts when presented to them.

It's not about facts. It's about control.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 09:17:05 AM »
It seems rather odd to me that Zimmerman's defense team did not use SYG, however, because the judge in the case used it in her instructions to the jury, it's become a hot topic.

Isn't she a liberal judge?

Odd, ain't it?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 09:55:07 AM »
PhDD is in it up to her PFDs over there.

She will blow an aneurysm* someday.

*Not to be confused with "blowing her doctoral advisors to get that PhD in South American Studies".

Yup, she is. She really is anti-gun. I remember her anti-gun stance when she trolled here. She always gravitates to topics that involve guns and self defense.

BainsBane (13,553 posts)
190. Excellent point

which will be completely ignored.

BainsBane (13,553 posts)
141. The application of both is the same

as is their purpose: killing black men. Both accomplish the same thing.

BainsBane (13,553 posts)
147. 11 to 1 is the ratio

Last edited Tue Jul 23, 2013, 07:29 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
What is the period for those numbers? Why have you chosen such a narrow time frame? Why do you refuse to look at all the cases of SYG?

You might fool yourself, but everyone else here sees exactly what is going on.

BainsBane (13,553 posts)
154. 235 cases

You don't deal with the majority of them.

You haven't even read your own ****ing article.

BainsBane (13,553 posts)
145. What you are doing is denying facts

to justify a law that allows killing when the killer could safely retreat, essentially to kill human beings for sport. As a Florida man recently said, "I only shot a n---" http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023322630

You hero got away with murder. How may more must die before you and ALEC, the NRA, and the Koch brothers who advanced the SYG laws are satisfied? All those black teenagers walking home from the store with candy. Someone has to do something about that menace.

Yeah, we get the point.

BainsBane (13,553 posts)
160. Evidence on SYG that gunnners willfully ignore

Last edited Tue Jul 23, 2013, 08:06 PM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
because it doesn't justify killing. I wonder at what point in American society being pro-2A turned into justifying murder? It seems a recent development to me, but perhaps I'm simply naive.

http://blog.metrotrends.org/2012/08/stand-ground-laws-worsen-racial-disparities/

http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/07/14/stand-your-ground-increases-racial-bias/

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/jul/13/study-stand-your-ground-laws-dont-deter-crime-to/

National Bureau of Economic Reseach: SYG results in significant increase in justifiable homicides (after all, the point of the laws are to get away with murder) http://www.nber.org/papers/w18187.pdf?new_window=1

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11/stand-your-ground-task-force-rick-scott-trayvon

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11/stand-your-ground-task-force-rick-scott-trayvon
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:55:16 AM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 09:56:53 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023322252

The DUmmies immediately go off topic and some of course try and deny that the laws favor blacks over whites.  

I wonder about Black on Black and White on White with Stand Your Ground.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 09:58:10 AM »
The 'dr' who uses Msmagazine and mother jones as sources. Lmao. And she's not even embarrassed to do so. Incredible!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 10:14:20 AM »
She's probably this kind of 'doctor' . . .

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »
The PhDD says Stand Your Ground is racist.  :mental: Playing the race card.  :mental:

BainsBane (13,560 posts)
138. SYG is racist

http://msmagazine.com/blog/2013/07/14/stand-your-ground-increases-racial-bias/
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/06/nra-alec-stand-your-ground

There is no justification for the law other than bloodlust. Self defense law before SYG enabled anyone to defend his or her own life. Retreat is only required when safe to do so. SYG makes it so that people can shoot first even when they have a clear and safe exit. It's a way for people who enjoy killing to do it and get off. It's an evil law supported by racists and killers. Killers belong in jail. They are a menace to society, as are those who justify their actions. Killing when an other alternative exists is evil.

Even The Tampa Bay times shows the law is used to let people with violent histories go unpunished. http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/many-killers-who-go-free-with-florida-stand-your-ground-law-have-history/1241378
Hardly a surprise. We all know the point of this law is to allow those who enjoy killing to get away with it as long as they use a gun.

SYG are right wing laws pushed on the American public by the Right-Wing trifecta of death: ALEC, the NRA, and the Koch brothers. Naturally the right loves the law. They created it.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 11:12:19 AM »

What that DUmbass conveniently omits is that as those "justifiable" homicides increased, murders decreased. Yeah, I'd prefer criminals to be killed over innocent civilians.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 11:13:39 AM »
As for more blacks being killed using SYG, it's simple, blacks are more predisposed to violence. That's not an insult, that's simple f'n statistics.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »
Somebody help me out here. I thought I had been following the Zimmerman case pretty close here but apparently not.

Didn't Z's defense team consider and then reject the SYG defense early on, and didn't the trial rather revolve around the basic or natural right of self defense instead? Because all I've heard since the verdict are the Martin apologists using the trial as a springboard to call for abolition of SYG. Was there something late in the trial or in the judge's instructions to the jury that brought SYG back in play?

:shrug:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jukin

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 03:11:32 PM »
BainsBane (13,553 posts)
160. Evidence on SYG that gunnners willfully ignore

Last edited Tue Jul 23, 2013, 08:06 PM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
because it doesn't justify killing. I wonder at what point in American society being pro-2A turned into justifying murder? It seems a recent development to me, but perhaps I'm simply naive.

look in the mirror you DUmb scrunt. There already is a large part of American society that justifies murder, the democrat party. The are for murderers and for killing Babies.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 05:53:08 PM »
Somebody help me out here. I thought I had been following the Zimmerman case pretty close here but apparently not.

Didn't Z's defense team consider and then reject the SYG defense early on, and didn't the trial rather revolve around the basic or natural right of self defense instead?

You are correct.

Because all I've heard since the verdict are the Martin apologists using the trial as a springboard to call for abolition of SYG. Was there something late in the trial or in the judge's instructions to the jury that brought SYG back in play?

Np, the jury instructions have nothing to do with it. It is deliberate midirection on the part of King Hussein; his consigliore' Eldridge Holder; the Collective of Perpetual Victimhood; their willing sycophants in the kneepad media; and the drooling, goggle-eyed, poop-flinging DUmpmonkeys.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 06:07:08 PM »

Didn't Z's defense team consider and then reject the SYG defense early on, and didn't the trial rather revolve around the basic or natural right of self defense instead? Because all I've heard since the verdict are the Martin apologists using the trial as a springboard to call for abolition of SYG. Was there something late in the trial or in the judge's instructions to the jury that brought SYG back in play?

:shrug:

They used the self defense stance for the trial and reserved the SYG for any Federal suits they might have to defend against if he were acquitted and they came after him...which it looks like they are trying to do.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.