Author Topic: Retread DUmmy "GravityCollapse" about to graduate from college  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023235538

Fri Jul 12, 2013, 03:43 PM

Gravitycollapse (2,122 posts)

I work somewhere that pays just above minimum wage and everyone's on food stamps...

Conservatives like to portray those on food stamps as simply being too lazy to get a job or too lazy to work hard.

Well I work with about 10 full time employees at various ages who cannot provide for themselves without government assistance. We average between 8 and 9 dollars an hour. I'm fortunate in that I will have a college degree in the next 6 months that will allow me to find a well paying job. The rest of my coworkers are not so fortunate.

If Conservatives really cared about reducing the need for welfare programs, they would solve the root of the problem. Which is unemployment, low minimum wage and exorbitant health care costs.

We need a livable wage. We need unemployment benefits. We need single payer. We need Conservatives to get off our backs.
He thinks he's going to get a decent job in Obama's economy?

:rotf:

Offline jukin

Re: Retread DUmmy "GravityCollapse" about to graduate from college
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 05:06:26 PM »
I'm fortunate in that I will have a college degree in the next 6 months that will allow me to find a well paying job.

Wanna bet?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 05:12:42 PM »
Wanna bet?

He's shootin' for $9.50/hr.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
Well I work with about 10 full time employees at various ages who cannot provide for themselves without government assistance.
Want fries with that?  :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »
I find it truly amazing that the so called educated DUmmies think that if minimum wage is doubled that the cost of goods and services will remain at current levels.

The only thing that will increase is the number on their W-2's at the end of the year. Their spending power will be reduced.

The drug man will increase his prices as well.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 06:27:07 PM »
I find it truly amazing that the so called educated DUmmies think that if minimum wage is doubled that the cost of goods and services will remain at current levels.

The only thing that will increase is the number on their W-2's at the end of the year. Their spending power will be reduced.

Then of course you have the people making $16 an hour all of a sudden making minimum wage.  How long is that going to fly?
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »

Ype, the smartest and mostest talentedest people on the planet forget Wiemar Germany and Zimbabwe.  Lots ans lots of billionaires in those countries.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 08:34:48 PM »
Ype, the smartest and mostest talentedest people on the planet forget Wiemar Germany and Zimbabwe.  Lots ans lots of billionaires in those countries.
Those were just 'bumps in the road'.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 11:35:12 PM »
I'm fortunate in that I will have a college degree in the next 6 months that will allow me to find a well paying job.

Very unlikely. Not one DUmmy has done this since the end of the Great Bush Prosperity.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 11:51:16 PM »

Well, the drug dealer is going to be paying four bucks a loaf for bread and seven bucks a gallon for gas just like everyone else in the 'Living wage' environment, so it's only natural.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 12:17:39 AM »
No you won't DUmmy. I graduated with my degree last May and will probably never use it despite all the fluff stories that it's a "good" degree. It's ok though, because I got a conditional job offer today where I'll be making 2-3 times what I would have made with the degree.

Suck it.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 01:02:45 AM »
What is the degree in?  The classics?  Ceramics?  Underwater basket weaving?  South American history with a minor in slavery?  

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 02:21:07 AM »
Libs concentrate on taking value, and giving none or little. Conservatives concentrate on giving value, compensation naturally follows.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 05:04:19 AM »
Remember, Grabbity, you really have to go out and apply for them, M'kay?
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 05:43:55 AM »

'm fortunate in that I will have a college degree in the next 6 months that will allow me to find a well paying job.

Put your degree in one hand, crap in the other, and see which one fills up first.

Degrees ain't worth the ink they're printed with in the real world.

Skills, on the other hand...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 05:52:51 AM »
No you won't DUmmy. I graduated with my degree last May and will probably never use it despite all the fluff stories that it's a "good" degree. It's ok though, because I got a conditional job offer today where I'll be making 2-3 times what I would have made with the degree.

Suck it.

Congrats, Mike!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »
^Ditto.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 04:27:19 PM »
Fri Jul 12, 2013, 03:43 PM

I work somewhere that pays just above minimum wage and everyone's on food stamps...

Conservatives like to portray those on food stamps as simply being too lazy to get a job or too lazy to work hard.

Well I work with about 10 full time employees at various ages who cannot provide for themselves without government assistance. We average between 8 and 9 dollars an hour. I'm fortunate in that I will have a college degree in the next 6 months that will allow me to find a well paying job. The rest of my coworkers are not so fortunate.

If Conservatives really cared about reducing the need for welfare programs, they would solve the root of the problem. Which is unemployment, low minimum wage and exorbitant health care costs.

We need a livable wage. We need unemployment benefits. We need single payer. We need Conservatives to get off our backs.

Remember 4.5% unemployment rates? You know, back when Republicans controlled the House and the Presidency? Yeah, kinda all went to shit 10 months after Dims took control of Congress in '07, didn't it?

Own it, DUmbass.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 05:52:15 PM »
Very unlikely. Not one DUmmy has done this since the end of the Great Bush Prosperity.

They couldn't do it during the great Bush prosperity GB!  All I heard from the dump back then was how terrible the economy was.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 06:01:58 PM »
They couldn't do it during the great Bush prosperity GB!  All I heard from the dump back then was how terrible the economy was.   :cheersmate:

Well, that hasn't changed. 

DUmmies are still bitching about how bad the economy is, only now we are agreeing with them!   :rotf:

Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 06:11:33 PM »

DUmmies are still bitching about how bad the economy is, only now we are agreeing with them!   :rotf:

Shoot DD... if the dummies ever quit bitching about everything under the sky then I would say look to the west for the next sunrise.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »

Unemployment could be 0% and if a Republican was in office, they'd be bitching about McDonald's employees not making 50,000 a damn year.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 06:22:32 PM »
Shoot DD... if the dummies ever quit bitching about everything under the sky then I would say look to the west for the next sunrise.

True dat.

A most miserable collection of misfits, morons, and cretins that ever existed.

Spoiled brat 4 year-olds have more intelligence and better manners.